Beaumont Ozen vs. Pflugerville Connally Area Playoff Thread/Connally wins 47-43

WOSgrad

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buna and any other program that has a pedigree for winning championships. no disrespect to the district titles, just sick of reading posts of guys talking dominance for winning district. Although district winning is a great feat. Snook also had great runs back in the day.  But i still would like to see a program continue to win State titles with 3 different coaches in cosecutive years. I'm still amazed.

Mighty Bumblebees

[quote name="Bigcam2903" post="1375101" timestamp="1361052430"]
Buna and any other program that has a pedigree for winning championships. no disrespect to the district titles, just sick of reading posts of guys talking dominance for winning district. Although district winning is a great feat. Snook also had great runs back in the day.  But i still would like to see a program continue to win State titles with 3 different coaches in cosecutive years. I'm still amazed.

Mighty Bumblebees
[/quote]

The problem Bigcam is we live in the "ME" generation. It is not about the "Team" anymore. There in lies the problem or should I say the parents.  What the bumblebees accomplished will never be accomplished again. I agree with you. Old school is out the window which is sad.

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1375152" timestamp="1361064784"]
[quote author=Bigcam2903 link=topic=109359.msg1375101#msg1375101 date=1361052430]

Mighty Bumblebees
[/quote]

The problem Bigcam is we live in the "ME" generation. It is not about the "Team" anymore. There in lies the problem or should I say the parents.  What the bumblebees accomplished will never be accomplished again. I agree with you. Old school is out the window which is sad.
[/quote] Herein lies another problem. Yes the parents are very involved more so today. Here is what you will see if you pay close attention to pre-middle school, middle school and (yes) high school, parents behind the scene being the movers and shakers trying to get more playing time for their kid or relatives. Playing those little  games. Yes, it happens in high schools.....................

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1375364" timestamp="1361142215"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=109359.msg1375152#msg1375152 date=1361064784]
[quote author=Bigcam2903 link=topic=109359.msg1375101#msg1375101 date=1361052430]

Mighty Bumblebees
[/quote]

[/quote] Herein lies another problem. Yes the parents are very involved more so today. Here is what you will see if you pay close attention to pre-middle school, middle school and (yes) high school, parents behind the scene being the movers and shakers trying to get more playing time for their kid or relatives. Playing those little  games. Yes, it happens in high schools.....................
[/quote]

I agree Dove but I want to make something clear. I have no problem with a parent getting involved with their child because there are alot of parents who don't. Nothing wrong with trying to make your child better. That being said it is up to the child. Either they want it or they don't. Put in the work or be average. That decision is up to the chid. There is a line parents should not cross and that line is being crossed a bunch. 10 years ago "NO" parent was taking stats in the stands. Now I see a bunch with score books and I-pads keeping stats. I let both of my kids create their own destiny in sports and also in life. Did I do everything right? Hell no!!!!!! But I never kept stats on paper or an I- pad. Only in my head, but my heart was with the "W" and the "Team" plain and simple. Bleed Orange till the end.

Since this is the girls fourm I will talk about my daughter. Her coach in high school said this not me, she said my daughter was a self made player. The reason she said that was because she worked to get better and she did every year. She went on to play college basketball at the JC level and she did the same there. Got better every year. That being said, that was not my dream for her. Yes it paided for her college but what good is that if you don't finish. My goal for her was to get a degree, be independent and not count on a man. That did not happen and it is OK, that is life. Now she must deal with it and she will. Sports are not as important anymore. I have great memories but wish my daughter was the Valedictorian instead of a basketball player.

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1375369" timestamp="1361144211"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=109359.msg1375364#msg1375364 date=1361142215]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=109359.msg1375152#msg1375152 date=1361064784]

Mighty Bumblebees
[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree Dove but I want to make something clear. I have no problem with a parent getting involved with their child because there are alot of parents who don't. Nothing wrong with trying to make your child better. That being said it is up to the child. Either they want it or they don't. Put in the work or be average. That decision is up to the chid. There is a line parents should not cross and that line is being crossed a bunch. 10 years ago "NO" parent was taking stats in the stands. Now I see a bunch with score books and I-pads keeping stats. I let both of my kids create their own destiny in sports and also in life. Did I do everything right? Hell no!!!!!! But I never kept stats on paper or an I- pad. Only in my head, but my heart was with the "W" and the "Team" plain and simple. Bleed Orange till the end.
[/quote] Some things have changed Solo and I'm old school but I also have learned to adopt to the new times. I actually know some parents who use stats to minimize a  player's efforts and report them in their sly little way to coaches.
My wife keep stats on her IPad because we were asked to keep them because its more a business now than some people realize, and I'll leave it at that.  ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1375397" timestamp="1361155771"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=109359.msg1375395#msg1375395 date=1361155382]
I am not adapting that well. ;D
[/quote]LOL! It was hard, very hard!! Some of the new techniques made me shake my head. For example,  Floaters were my pet peeves at first. Now I understand the importance of it now.
[/quote]

My kids are grown but now I have a grandaughter, I guess I will have to adapt. LOL!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder