Beaumont Ozen vs. Pflugerville Connally Area Playoff Thread/Connally wins 47-43

WOSgrad

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1374893" timestamp="1360984813"]
Seems as if we were out coached and out played tonight...judging from last game don't think these girls took their season serious enough
[/quote]

Imma say this and mean no disrespect to the Ozen Girls program when i say this:

When your [b]ultimate goal[/b] is to win a State Title its the [b]little things that count[/b]. It was said on here during a thread on the last game that a [b]certain situation happened[/b], that certain situation leads me to believe there was a [b]lack of focus on the goal at hand[/b] in which the outcome tonight surfaced. Just my opinion on it.

[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=109359.msg1374894#msg1374894 date=1360985111]
Is conally ranked??
[/quote] no not that im aware of. but i think that is the same team that knocked Central out last year if im not mistaken.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1374899" timestamp="1360985225"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=109359.msg1374893#msg1374893 date=1360984813]
Seems as if we were out coached and out played tonight...judging from last game don't think these girls took their season serious enough
[/quote]

When your [b]ultimate goal[/b] is to win a State Title its the [b]little things that count[/b]. It was said on here during a thread on the last game that a [b]certain situation happened[/b], that certain situation leads me to believe there was a [b]lack of focus on the goal at hand[/b] in which the outcome tonight surfaced. Just my opinion on it.
[/quote]I can agree with you on that...but also I believe that Brown was out coached two years in a row in the playoffs ever since Ozen has been one of the top dogs in the 4A they haven't been able to make it back to state

Not taking anything from their opponents because they were good. Ozen missed a lot of free throws and was in foul trouble early. Nakia had 3 fouls before halftime. Conally's defense took Ozen out of their comfort zone. Nakia is good and has been their go to from day 1, with her being in foul trouble somebody else needed to step up.

[quote name="uandme08" post="1374903" timestamp="1360985641"]
Not taking anything from their opponents because they were good. Ozen missed a lot of free throws and was in foul trouble early. Nakia had 3 fouls before halftime. Conally's defense took Ozen out of their comfort zone. Nakia is good and has been their go to from day 1, with her being in foul trouble somebody else needed to step up.
[/quote]What did Conally do on defense to frustrate them?

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1374893" timestamp="1360984813"]
[/quote]

Atleast you was honest and I respect that. I watched Ozen against Orangefield and was not impressed. Sorry but that is how I see it and I know girls basketball. They had a good season though but state was not in their future. I agree they did not take their season serious. 20 4A hurt them, there was no competition.  Not only 20-4A but the golden triangle as a whole.

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1374914" timestamp="1360986377"]
[quote author=BH85 link=topic=109359.msg1374910#msg1374910 date=1360986007]
Good Luck to Nekia at UT.  Ozen had a good season and got knocked out by a quality team.
[/quote]

Don't mean to be ugly but [b]she will never see the playing floor[/b].
[/quote] Probably because its a [b]track & field scholarship[/b] but hey what do i know  :P

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1374921" timestamp="1360987165"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=109359.msg1374914#msg1374914 date=1360986377]
[quote author=BH85 link=topic=109359.msg1374910#msg1374910 date=1360986007]
Good Luck to Nekia at UT.  Ozen had a good season and got knocked out by a quality team.
[/quote]

Don't mean to be ugly but [b]she will never see the playing floor[/b].
[/quote] Probably because its a [b]track & field scholarship[/b] but hey what do i know  :P
[/quote]

Sorry I did not know, I stand corrected. In that case she may see the playing floor but I still hope she gets her education. No money in track and field.

I was blessed to be a part of 3 State teams 88-90 PA Lincoln. We won back to back titles, but 90 my senior year we lost in State. I know how these ladies feel right now. Nothing can take away the pain, but time heals all wounds. Our 88 State team will be honored in Austin in a few weeks, but that loss in 90 still stings a little. Hats off to the Seniors, you had a good ride. Underclassman, take notice. Remember this feeling & have your butts in the gym this summer working on your game together. AAU is fine, but at some point you have to work on your weaknesses, I don't think you will do that in an AAU game. You must concentrate and enhance your game. Only countless hours of individual work will get that done. Good season & God Bless the Seniors on future endeavors.

Mighty Bumblebees

[quote name="bhdog28" post="1374928" timestamp="1360987679"]
Nope Mr. Garrity, it's a basketball scholarship to UT! See post! I think she will be like a Shaq that shoots well!

http://www.texassports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/021113aad.html
[/quote]ahhh it is. Thought she was going for Track and walking on for bball.  8)

[quote name="Bigcam2903" post="1374930" timestamp="1360987786"]
I was blessed to be a part of 3 State teams 88-90 PA Lincoln. We won back to back titles, but 90 my senior year we lost in State. I know how these ladies feel right now. Nothing can take away the pain, but time heals all wounds. Our 88 State team will be honored in Austin in a few weeks, but that loss in 90 still stings a little. Hats off to the Seniors, you had a good ride. Underclassman, take notice. Remember this feeling & have your butts in the gym this summer working on your game together. AAU is fine, but at some point you have to work on your weaknesses, I don't think you will do that in an AAU game. You must concentrate and enhance your game. Only countless hours of individual work will get that done. Good season & God Bless the Seniors on future endeavors.

Mighty Bumblebees
[/quote]

Awesome post, see it is the girls that are willing to put in the work to get better. I so agree with you.

[quote name="Bigcam2903" post="1374930" timestamp="1360987786"]

Good post...

Mighty Bumblebees
[/quote]

[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=109359.msg1374893#msg1374893 date=1360984813]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yup, those actions were ultimately these girls downfall.. You can't expect to win just off talent, everybody on the team has to be on the same page to be successful.

Thanks Solo, I failed to mention on those 3 State apperances from 88-90, I had 3 different Coaches. Now tell me of ant school in the Nation fro then to now who has accomplished this feat. PA Lincoln was & always will be the measuring stick of all programs IMO. In 1990 we were the #1 team in 4a. We lost to unknown Boerne in the Semis in Austin on Thurs night. Coach Boutte's first year at the helm. Now is it fair to blaim the Coach?  Coach Brown has done a great job with the Ozen program. Does this early loss take away from her success? I dont think so. People don't understand how being an unknown makes things easier, but once you are State ranked, lesser teams play their best, so you must dig deeper to maintain your position at the top. PA Lincoln did this as well as any program i've ever known. I hear these guys on here talking dominance after winning petty district championships, PLEASE these petty district championships are being challenged by Nederland (no disrespect to Nederland) but come on guys give me a break. Like I said earlier, from 88-91, 3 state titles,  3 different Head Coaches.  Now that's a program, legacy,dominance,excellence, whatever you chooses to call it... As long as you recognize GREATNESS.
I dare any of these guys on these forums to hate on this..... Quiet on the set!!!!  Like I thought.
Please don't be offended, just stating facts to the guys who like to shoot their mouths off about district titles.  Need to wake up and get real.  Win State titles then shoot off, but do so in a respectful manner because you may be in the presence of a PA Bumblebee.  Have a good day & a better Season
Mighty Bumblebees

Seems as if we were out coached and out played tonight...judging from last game don't think these girls took their season serious

I have coworker daughter that's on the team we talked Thursday night to many missed practices

[/quote]

your name says it all  2cents  you are one of the retards i'm speaking of running your mouth on these forums. don't know if you have any cred to back up your statements, but I do. check the UIL records. And yes I did say Mighty Bumblebees, cuz none of these programs come close. Maybe if you combine them all, maybe they could get a win.
Talk to me when you earn the other  $0.98 to make a "whole" lotta sense Buddy. LOL @ that.

By the way, enjoy your day

Mighty Bumblebees

[quote name="Bigcam2903" post="1375045" timestamp="1361037773"]
your name says it all  2cents  you are one of the retards i'm speaking of running your mouth on these forums. don't know if you have any cred to back up your statements, but I do. check the UIL records. And yes I did say Mighty Bumblebees, cuz none of these programs come close. Maybe if you combine them all, maybe they could get a win.
Talk to me when you earn the other  $0.98 to make a "whole" lotta sense Buddy. LOL @ that.

By the way, enjoy your day

Mighty Bumblebees
[/quote]
Dude calm down. I was just pickin with ya. Take a chill pill kid. I didn't mean any disrespect. Yall's record speaks for itself. I just found your name amusing. Calm down buddy.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw