SE Texas now that the 2013 class has signed Who's next ?

mypooh

[quote name="cougar14" post="1417556" timestamp="1372717913"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=109283.msg1417553#msg1417553 date=1372716960]
I just read where the Foreman twins from Texas City committed to University of Texas, Congrats to them both!
[/quote]If y'all can find it somewhere I said about 6 months ago Armanti was the second best receiver in the state. D'onta is the true definition of a load-back. Might not be a harder runner in the state, that being said I think he'llall end up playing linebacker at UT. Best set of twins iI've ever seen though.
[/quote]

They telling that RB that he can play RB there. I thought they already had 2 committed backs already. Maybe they just want the brother so bad, the WR

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1417560" timestamp="1372719674"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=109283.msg1417556#msg1417556 date=1372717913]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=109283.msg1417553#msg1417553 date=1372716960]
I just read where the Foreman twins from Texas City committed to University of Texas, Congrats to them both!
[/quote]If y'all can find it somewhere I said about 6 months ago Armanti was the second best receiver in the state. D'onta is the true definition of a load-back. Might not be a harder runner in the state, that being said I think he'llall end up playing linebacker at UT. Best set of twins iI've ever seen though.
[/quote]

They telling that RB that he can play RB there. I thought they already had 2 committed backs already. Maybe they just want the brother so bad, the WR
[/quote]D'onta wouldn't have gotten an offer if they weren't drooling for Armanti. D'onta is a lot like Peter Jinkens UT signed out of Skyline, a rb/lb combo who probably could have played both in college but at elite programs you get elite backs and Foreman isn't one of those. Kid is a monster though, I'm good friends with Tate Smith's dad who plays tight end and he told me Donta was pound for pound the strongest player on TC's team. Catalon is already committed and UT has 3 offers out to the loaded 2015 class of backs already. I think UT's lb crew will be Santos as the mike, Foreman and Alaka in a couple years.

combines and camps do matter in college football recruiting because I feel that tony brown of ozen is very overrated because he is considered the " combine king' but did not even make first all-district this year.Deunte Chatman has performed very well at each camp and combine he has attended and if you look at the spring game tape ,he has the potential to be something special and he will be just a junior coming up.

[quote name="DChatman2008" post="1417728" timestamp="1372791113"]
combines and camps do matter in college football recruiting because I feel that tony brown of ozen is very overrated because he is considered the " combine king' but did not even make first all-district this year.Deunte Chatman has performed very well at each camp and combine he has attended and if you look at the spring game tape ,he has the potential to be something special and he will be just a junior coming up.
[/quote]

Was the Spring game he was in against the 1st team D, or a combination/swap out that had youngsters out of position and playing in skill positions they hadn't played before...

To me a spring game/inner squad scrimmage doesn't give you much insight to the upcoming season for either side of the ball ...

[/quote]You need to hold down all that overrated talk. First you say Brown is overrated because of camps, then you backdoor and say you have potential because of what you've done in camps. You're rated as the 22 sophomore in the state, in front of guys like JW Ketchum who took his team to the 4th round and has several offers already. You're also rated in front of Chris Warren who's probably UT's top running back target(might be Soso Jambao). Tony Brown is probably going to end his career with 45 varsity starts, you on the other hand still might not start as a junior and definitely wouldn't if Jeffery was back there. You couldn't get off the line, run around or over Brown. He already killed you at the Dallas camp and you're still bumping. Hold that overrated noise down young man because if it wasn't for combines and camps you would be a nobody as far as football recruiting went. That kid is probably going to be a first or second round pick, you on the other hand still don't even have a highlight tape.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1417734" timestamp="1372795018"]
[quote author=DChatman2008 link=topic=109283.msg1417728#msg1417728 date=1372791113]
[/quote]You need to hold down all that overrated talk. First you say Brown is overrated because of camps, then you backdoor and say you have potential because of what you've done in camps. You're rated as the 22 sophomore in the state, in front of guys like JW Ketchum who took his team to the 4th round and has several offers already. You're also rated in front of Chris Warren who's probably UT's top running back target(might be Soso Jambao). Tony Brown is probably going to end his career with 45 varsity starts, you on the other hand still might not start as a junior and definitely wouldn't if Jeffery was back there. You couldn't get off the line, run around or over Brown. He already killed you at the Dallas camp and you're still bumping. Hold that overrated noise down young man because if it wasn't for combines and camps you would be a nobody as far as football recruiting went. That kid is probably going to be a first or second round pick, you on the other hand still don't
even have a highlight tape.
[/quote]

Cougar.......I could not have said it better myself. As we speak, Tony is in Oregon competing against the best players in the nation. He must be doing something right. My advice to Chatman is to spend less time hating on others, and more time developing your skills if you want people to take you seriously. Trust me. If you're good enough, you won't have to promote yourself. Others will do that for you.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote author=DChatman2008 link=topic=109283.msg1417728#msg1417728 date=1372791113]
[/quote]You need to hold down all that overrated talk. First you say Brown is overrated because of camps, then you backdoor and say you have potential because of what you've done in camps. You're rated as the 22 sophomore in the state, in front of guys like JW Ketchum who took his team to the 4th round and has several offers already. You're also rated in front of Chris Warren who's probably UT's top running back target(might be Soso Jambao). Tony Brown is probably going to end his career with 45 varsity starts, you on the other hand still might not start as a junior and definitely wouldn't if Jeffery was back there. You couldn't get off the line, run around or over Brown. He already killed you at the Dallas camp and you're still bumping. Hold that overrated noise down young man because if it wasn't for combines and camps you would be a nobody as far as football recruiting went. That kid is probably going to be a first or second round pick, you on the other hand still don't even have a highlight tape.
[/quote]

Ouch!!!

+1 Cougar14

[/quote]OUCH!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="BellBiz30" post="1417743" timestamp="1372798429"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=109283.msg1417734#msg1417734 date=1372795018]
[/quote]OUCH!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

I got blood splatter on me from this chomp down LOL

[/quote] ;D

[/quote]I ain't trying to knock you but but I'm just saying you can't call a kid that already test better than most NFL DBS overrated. Going into his junior year like you are Tony already had 191 tackles, 30 and I do repeat 30 pass break ups, 4 picks and  a forced fumble. You've scored 1 touchdown on a pass play. He could do that when he was 15, and probably run a 4.4. That was then, he doesn't have to be all district as a junior to let Mack, Miles and Saban know he can play because they've seen it already AND he tests well. You already test so well that if you can play at all you'll get a D1 scholarship which is the reason you don't have an offer now, nobody knows if you can even play. Looks like you should be able to but let us see that first because YOU'RE the one that might not be all district. Walter and O'Neal will be first team, McBride will be second team so that only leaves one spot and KP runs it a lot. Good luck to you though, I'll be at Turner in a sea of red to see what you got.

• 3 weeks later...
[/quote]That's gotta smart!!!  :o :o

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1420055" timestamp="1374197538"]
[quote author=DChatman2008 link=topic=109283.msg1420050#msg1420050 date=1374197182]
we are about 3 weeks away from high school football practices.Do you think Summer Creek is a legit state ranked team in 4a [b]with a chance to win the state title this year[/b]
[/quote]no.
[/quote]
I'd like to hear your thoughts on this. Do you think the competition at the top (or even in the second round as you frequently jest) is too fierce for most teams in 4a to even be competitive against?

[quote name="aschom78" post="1420166" timestamp="1374254975"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=109283.msg1420055#msg1420055 date=1374197538]
[quote author=DChatman2008 link=topic=109283.msg1420050#msg1420050 date=1374197182]
we are about 3 weeks away from high school football practices.Do you think Summer Creek is a legit state ranked team in 4a [b]with a chance to win the state title this year[/b]
[/quote]no.
[/quote]
I'd like to hear your thoughts on this. Do you think the competition at the top (or even in the second round as you frequently jest) is too fierce for most teams in 4a to even be competitive against?
[/quote]

IMO, SC was out-coached in both playoff games.  Also, we must be able to control the line of scrimmage.  Also, must consider we lost our top receiver and another very good one to graduation.  This year's squad has a lot to prove. 

[quote name="aschom78" post="1420166" timestamp="1374254975"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=109283.msg1420055#msg1420055 date=1374197538]
[/quote]no.
[/quote]
I'd like to hear your thoughts on this. [b][b]Do you think the competition [u]at the top[/u] (or even in the second round as you frequently jest) is too fierce for most teams in 4a to even be competitive against?[/b][/b]
[/quote]I don't know if it is too fierce for SC being as they haven't won a 2nd round playoff game yet to get to it.

• 2 weeks later...
i can wait for the season starts for summer creek because I want to see what this team is made of.They are ranked #1 in the area with a suspect defense so I think that we will have to outscore people to win district but to go through the playoffs then the defense must step up.Hopefully ,when we make it to the playoffs this season,coach ford learned his lesson for last time in the playoffs is to run the ball and establish a running game because good teams in the playoffs see that you are one -sided that we pick you to shreds.I think you have running backs that can run the ball.use them

• 2 weeks later...
Congratulations to Tony Brown for becoming the first ESPN 5-star player from the SETX region. ESPN doesn't rate as many players as the other recruiting services and they only give out 10-15 5-star rankings per year. I think Tony is one of the select few kids in every class that can make an NFL roster right out of high school. Congrats to him, he should be the next in a long line of Beaumont products in the NFL.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/157994/tony-brown

[quote name="DChatman2008" post="1424350" timestamp="1376533193"]
Did Hoza Scott of LaPorte get kicked off the team and for what
[/quote]

He's been a question mark as to academically qualifying for A&M.  I know he was supposed to go to Summer school and according to reports, he did not attend much. 

You hate to see that with a kid with so much talent, but eventually he has to man up and take responsibility for his actions. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin