SE Texas now that the 2013 class has signed Who's next ?

mypooh

Austin also weighed 176 lbs at the Nike camp so he's about 30 lbs heavier than his freshman year and will probably be over 180 when the season starts so he's not small anymore. Sproles played at about 185 at K-State, led the nation in rushing and won the Doak Walker. If Austin can get to Jaquizz Rodgers' size in college I think he could even get a few Sunday looks. The speed thing is a non-factor too, he'll run in the 4.4 range at close to 200 lbs in a few years. The twins work like animals in the field house.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="cougar14" post="1404786" timestamp="1368633348"]
Austin also weighed 176 lbs at the  Nike camp so he's about 30 lbs than his freshman year and will probably be over 180 when the season starts so he's not small anymore. Sproles played at about 185 at K-State, led the nation in rushing and won the Doak Walker. If Austin can get to Jaquizz Rodgers' size in college I think he could even get a few Sunday looks. The speed thing is a non-factor too, he'll run in the 4.4 range at close to 200 lbs in a few years. [b]The twins work like animals in the field house.[/b]
[/quote]

that is the kind of attitude that makes others around you work harder....

[quote name="cougar14" post="1403965" timestamp="1368373930"]
I've also been reading that Dakota Allen, (ILB) Summer Creek, was probably going to commit to TCU? Any truth to that?
[/quote]
TCU is one of his top four. He will start visiting schools within the next few weeks hopefully make his decision soon afterwards.

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1404776" timestamp="1368632194"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=109283.msg1404715#msg1404715 date=1368615565]
Raelon Singleton, (WR) Crosby, committed to the University of Utah yesterday. I would consider that a soft verbal though.

Jordan Feuerbacher, (TE) K. Park, got an in-house visit from Jeff Banks of the Texas A&M coaching staff. No offer yet but the A&M boards say he wants to really be an Aggie and I think his parents are alumni. I did read that from A&M posters so make of it what you may but he's probably close to an A&M offer.
[/quote]

[b]I don't think that's a soft verbal for Raelon[/b], I believe if Sharp don't commit to Baylor this weekend, he will commit to Utah....Ofcourse this is hear say
[/quote]Raelon is rated as one of the top 20 receivers in the state. The only reason I think he went ahead and committed was because Brian Johnson is the OC now. Brian is from Crosby and grew up around the corner from me in Section 10 so he has some pull over here, plus he's only 26 I think so he relates well. Much like Feuerbacher all him committing will do is go ahead and make the other teams who had you on their "next best" list go ahead and offer which is why I think Jordan will get the A&M offer. Teams don't stop offering scholarships when you commit. Raelon might start as a true freshman and get 500 career targets if he does sign with Utah so there's major upside there but its cold, you play in the high altitude(which you would eventually adjust to), and Utah is getting hammered in the Pac-12 right now. Raelon has 8 FBS offers right now but of those Utah is the only school that plays in a BCS conference so he's playing against USC, Oregon, Stanford, and UCLA instead of Memphis, Southern Miss., East Carolina and Central Florida. True the BCS goes away after this year but IMO that's going to be worse for those schools not in the Pac-12, Big 12, Big 10, SEC and ACC. I just think if he gets a good Big 12 or maybe even an SEC West offer he could decommit. Now that he's committed he probably won't do much camp work so he's free to play basketball which is actually his sport of choice and probably aided his decision. IJS, if he goes out and puts up 12 or 1300 yards which he is very capable of in our offense I doubt he goes to Utah.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1404839" timestamp="1368642360"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=109283.msg1404776#msg1404776 date=1368632194]
Raelon Singleton, (WR) Crosby, committed to the University of Utah yesterday. I would consider that a soft verbal though.

Jordan Feuerbacher, (TE) K. Park, got an in-house visit from Jeff Banks of the Texas A&M coaching staff. No offer yet but the A&M boards say he wants to really be an Aggie and I think his parents are alumni. I did read that from A&M posters so make of it what you may but he's probably close to an A&M offer.
[/quote]

[b]I don't think that's a soft verbal for Raelon[/b], I believe if Sharp don't commit to Baylor this weekend, he will commit to Utah....Ofcourse this is hear say
[/quote]Raelon is rated as one of the top 20 receivers in the state. The only reason I think he went ahead and committed was because Brian Johnson is the OC now. Brian is from Crosby and grew up around the corner from me in Section 10 so he has some pull over here, plus he's only 26 I think so he relates well. Much like Feuerbacher all him committing will do is go ahead and make the other teams who had you on their "next best" list go ahead and offer which is why I think Jordan will get the A&M offer. Teams don't stop offering scholarships when you commit. Raelon might start as a true freshman and get 500 career targets if he does sign with Utah so there's major upside there but its cold, you play in the high altitude(which you would eventually adjust to), and Utah is getting hammered in the Pac-12 right now. Raelon has 8 FBS offers right now but of those Utah is the only school that plays in a BCS conference so he's playing against USC, Oregon, Stanford, and UCLA instead of Memphis, Southern Miss., East Carolina and Central Florida. True the BCS goes away after this year but IMO that's going to be worse for those schools not in the Pac-12, Big 12, Big 10, SEC and ACC. I just think if he gets a good Big 12 or maybe even an SEC West offer he could decommit. Now that he's committed he probably won't do much camp work so he's free to play basketball which is actually his sport of choice and probably aided his decision. IJS, if he goes out and puts up 12 or 1300 yards which he is very capable of in our offense I doubt he goes to Utah.
[/quote]

I read an article from Rivals where Raelon say he's solid. He said he will not visit any more schools, and he also said Utah showing the most interest......but we will see....do you think the twins will stay at Rice?

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1404847" timestamp="1368643297"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=109283.msg1404839#msg1404839 date=1368642360]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=109283.msg1404776#msg1404776 date=1368632194]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]I read an article from Rivals where Raelon say he's solid[/b]. He said he will not visit any more schools, and he also said Utah showing the most interest......but we will see....do you think the twins will stay at Rice?
[/quote]Well, he's sure not going to commit and say "Nah, I might decommit.". Not taking anymore visits mean no more unofficials. He still has 5 official visits to take next year which a lot of recruits just do to fly around the country. He's never even seen the campus, he might change his mind when he touches down  for his visit in Salt Lake City in late December and it's 7 degrees. I think that's the third Utah offer for a Crosby kid since Chance Casey and the first commit. Another twin, Armanti Foreman, recently decommitted from OU after being a long time commit once he got a UT offer and will probably commit there. A lot can happen in a year. I think the twins are hard commits to Rice though. They're in the top of their class so education is important and it seems like they want to play where their family can still see them relatively easily, all things Rice provides. I also think they both have an opportunity for early playing time. Not to mention once Driphus Jackson gets under center I think Rice is playing for a C-USA title. The zone read between him and Austin with Aston in the slot could set the conference on fire. 

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1406499" timestamp="1369126705"]
Summer Creek Aaron Sharp  picks up an offer from Colorado
[/quote]I see he also got an SEC offer from Mississippi St. I wonder how he would do against Auburn, Alabama, Arkansas, Ole Miss, LSU, and Aggie every year? Throw in Florida, Georgia, Tennessee and South Carolina every other year and he could have all the questions answered 4 years from now. Miss St. isn't an elite SEC program simply because they'll never out recruit the others but Dan Mullen will have the Bulldogs competitive every year which is saying a lot. 

[quote name="cougar14" post="1406567" timestamp="1369147034"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=109283.msg1406499#msg1406499 date=1369126705]
[/quote]I see he also got an SEC offer from Mississippi St. I wonder how he would do against Auburn, Alabama, Arkansas, Ole Miss, LSU, and Aggie every year? Throw in Florida, Georgia, Tennessee and South Carolina every other year and he could have all the questions answered 4 years from now. Miss St. isn't an elite SEC program simply because they'll never out recruit the others but Dan Mullen will have the Bulldogs competitive every year which is saying a lot.
[/quote]

Are you saying Sharp cant play in SEC? I don't know if he Received an offer from Miss state, I will ask my sources. I did hear they came out to see him at practice yesterday....I heard Arizona st, Wake Forest are expected to offer as well....but we will see....him and Dakota Allen are not only good athletes, but they are good kids. Dakota can most likely get academic scholarships as well

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1406638" timestamp="1369158397"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=109283.msg1406567#msg1406567 date=1369147034]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=109283.msg1406499#msg1406499 date=1369126705]
[/quote]

Are you saying Sharp cant play in SEC? I don't know if he Received an offer from Miss state, I will ask my sources. I did hear they came out to see him at practice yesterday....I heard Arizona st, Wake Forest are expected to offer as well....but we will see....him and Dakota Allen are not only good athletes, but they are good kids. Dakota can most likely get [b]academic scholarships[/b] as well
[/quote]

That's a great Plus for the offering schools... because it helps their overall GPA at the school and getting quality athletes at the same time...

[quote name="cougar14" post="1406567" timestamp="1369147034"]
[/quote] He's better than the current Miss State QB, that guy was horrible every time i saw him play last season, then again: He was going against SEC defenses  ;D

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1406665" timestamp="1369160319"]
[/quote] He's better than the current Miss State QB, that guy was horrible every time i saw him play last season, then again:[b] He was going against SEC defenses [/b] ;D
[/quote]

TRUE

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1406638" timestamp="1369158397"]
[/quote]

[b]Are you saying Sharp cant play in SEC[/b]? I don't know if he Received an offer from Miss state, I will ask my sources. I did hear they came out to see him at practice yesterday....I heard Arizona st, Wake Forest are expected to offer as well....but we will see....him and Dakota Allen are not only good athletes, but they are good kids. Dakota can most likely get academic scholarships as well
[/quote]Nah, I'm saying if he plays well in the SEC there should be no questions. Even though the Big 12 has had the better qbs in my opinion. I'm saying the schedule is a heck of a lot harder in the SEC west than it is in the Big 12. They must like him out west because I see UCLA has him pretty high on their list and you said Arizona St. could offer. That's four potential PAC 12 offers with Colorado and Utah. Still hard to beat Baylor though.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1406804" timestamp="1369175396"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=109283.msg1406638#msg1406638 date=1369158397]
[/quote]

[b]Are you saying Sharp cant play in SEC[/b]? I don't know if he Received an offer from Miss state, I will ask my sources. I did hear they came out to see him at practice yesterday....I heard Arizona st, Wake Forest are expected to offer as well....but we will see....him and Dakota Allen are not only good athletes, but they are good kids. Dakota can most likely get academic scholarships as well
[/quote]Nah, I'm saying if he plays well in the SEC there should be no questions. Even though the Big 12 has had the better qbs in my opinion. I'm saying the schedule is a heck of a lot harder in the SEC west than it is in the Big 12. They must like him out west because I see UCLA has him pretty high on their list and you said Arizona St. could offer. That's four potential PAC 12 offers with Colorado and Utah. Still hard to beat Baylor though.
[/quote]

Yea I was just giving you a hard time...from my understanding, Baylor want him as a student athlete right now, they still have a chance to get Randall Cunningham and Brandon Harris, which are their first 2 picks

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1406818" timestamp="1369178965"]
[quote author=aschom78 link=topic=109283.msg1406815#msg1406815 date=1369178254]
I heard coach Wyatt from Texas paid Sharp a visit the other day. I guess they thought he'd make a good safety, lol.
[/quote]

Lol, I heard that too. I think they want him as a WR,
[/quote]
Its kind of a shame, call me crazy but I think Sharp would beat out Heard and Swoopes for the starting Qb position for the horns.

[quote name="aschom78" post="1406834" timestamp="1369184158"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=109283.msg1406818#msg1406818 date=1369178965]
I heard coach Wyatt from Texas paid Sharp a visit the other day. I guess they thought he'd make a good safety, lol.
[/quote]

[/quote]
Its kind of a shame, call me crazy but I think Sharp would beat out Heard and Swoopes for the starting Qb position for the horns.
[/quote] Beat out J. Heard? Yeah, you're crazy.  ;)  J. Heard (if Ash has a hell of a year and leaves early) will be the starter in 2014 IMO. I think he's a better dynamic at QB right now than Swoopes and Ash from UT.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1406842" timestamp="1369185588"]
[quote author=aschom78 link=topic=109283.msg1406834#msg1406834 date=1369184158]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=109283.msg1406818#msg1406818 date=1369178965]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote] Beat out J. Heard? Yeah, you're crazy.  ;)  J. Heard (if Ash has a hell of a year and leaves early) will be the starter in 2014 IMO. I think he's a better dynamic at QB right now than Swoopes and Ash from UT.
[/quote]

Nothing against Heard, but he's not like you think. Heard is a runner, I saw him at a camp. Right now the kid Brandon Harris is the best 2014 QB IMO

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1406842" timestamp="1369185588"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
I thought you might be skeptical, honestly it might just be rose colored glasses on my part. This coming from a dedicated Texas fan, Ash will start through 2014 because it is highly unlikely he would leave to the nfl after his junior year even if he put up impressive stats. Ash doesnt have the skill set that most nfl teams look at and even if he is really good I doubt he gets better than a 3rd round grade even after his senior year.

Both Sharp and Heard look about the same physically, about the same weight with the former about a half inch to an inch taller and have slender frames that they would both fill out. On the athleticism side, Heard is in the high 4.4's in the forty and Sharp is in the low 4.5's, though Heard is a more polished ball carrier. Where I think Sharp wins is his composure and patience in waiting for his receivers to get open down field, where Heard looks like he gives up on the play really quickly and takes off for the first down (Admittedly, he is really good at that, so I don't criticize that too much). Also, Heard benefited quite a bit in 2011 and 2012 from excellent blocking, which Sharp really hasn't had quite the same luxury, so I think Sharp has more experience in making something out of a broken play and with his arm more often than his legs. Additionally, Sharp's passes are noticeably more accurate than Heard's from what I've seen of both of them.

Look at it this way, in 2015, both Heard and Sharp are going into their RS freshman year and both go into spring practice on relatively equal standing, with Swoopes being the front runner after being Ash's backup the year before. There is a strong chance that Swoopes won't improve his arm enough by then, making Heard/Sharp a more attractive option after showing what they can do in the spring scrimmage. The coaching staff will probably call it a close race between the two for the start, but ultimately Sharp will prove that he is a better fit to run Applewhite's offense.

Again, I could be extremely biased here and just really want to see Sharp in burnt orange. Both those guys have really high potential, but I think if Sharp ties up the loose ends he will be untouchable.

[quote name="aschom78" post="1406862" timestamp="1369189468"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=109283.msg1406842#msg1406842 date=1369185588]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
I thought you might be skeptical, honestly it might just be rose colored glasses on my part. This coming from a dedicated Texas fan, Ash will start through 2014 because it is highly unlikely he would leave to the nfl after his junior year even if he put up impressive stats. Ash doesnt have the skill set that most nfl teams look at and even if he is really good I doubt he gets better than a 3rd round grade even after his senior year.

Both Sharp and Heard look about the same physically, about the same weight with the former about a half inch to an inch taller and have slender frames that they would both fill out. On the athleticism side, Heard is in the high 4.4's in the forty and Sharp is in the low 4.5's, though Heard is a more polished ball carrier. Where I think Sharp wins is his composure and patience in waiting for his receivers to get open down field, where Heard looks like he gives up on the play really quickly and takes off for the first down (Admittedly, he is really good at that, so I don't criticize that too much). Also, Heard benefited quite a bit in 2011 and 2012 from excellent blocking, which Sharp really hasn't had quite the same luxury, so I think Sharp has more experience in making something out of a broken play and with his arm more often than his legs. Additionally, Sharp's passes are noticeably more accurate than Heard's from what I've seen of both of them.

Look at it this way, in 2015, both Heard and Sharp are going into their RS freshman year and both go into spring practice on relatively equal standing, with Swoopes being the front runner after being Ash's backup the year before. There is a strong chance that Swoopes won't improve his arm enough by then, making Heard/Sharp a more attractive option after showing what they can do in the spring scrimmage. The coaching staff will probably call it a close race between the two for the start, but ultimately Sharp will prove that he is a better fit to run Applewhite's offense.

Again, I could be extremely biased here and just really want to see Sharp in burnt orange. Both those guys have really high potential, but I think if Sharp ties up the loose ends he will be untouchable.
[/quote]I could see that only if UT has a HC [u]not named[/u] Mack Brown.  ;) (you know what im getting at lol)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1406867" timestamp="1369190009"]
[quote author=aschom78 link=topic=109283.msg1406862#msg1406862 date=1369189468]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=109283.msg1406842#msg1406842 date=1369185588]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]I could see that only if UT has a HC [u]not named[/u] Mack Brown.  ;) (you know what im getting at lol)
[/quote]
Haha, even if they go 3-9 next year I bet Mack is still HC the year after.

[quote name="aschom78" post="1406873" timestamp="1369190559"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=109283.msg1406867#msg1406867 date=1369190009]
[quote author=aschom78 link=topic=109283.msg1406862#msg1406862 date=1369189468]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Haha, even if they go 3-9 next year I bet Mack is still HC the year after.
[/quote] If he has a bad year [b]without[/b] having key injuries he will be fired, which means more recruits for A&M, Baylor and Tech IMO.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder