SE Texas now that the 2013 class has signed Who's next ?

mypooh

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="cougar14" post="1386585" timestamp="1363696277"]
Walter twins got an offer from Rice over the wknd. Aston Walter (qb) also picked up an offer from Yale University. If Austin (rb) went to the Ivy league with his brother they could possibly dominate those future neurosurgeons.
[/quote]

Those neurosurgeons would just laugh at the simple game that so many people get excited over, and then go on to make millions, while only working 2-3 hours a day. Meanwhile, the high school football fanatics would be still reminiscing about their high school football days, while slogging out life, with only 8 fingers, on a oil field/platform.

[quote name="SCHumbledawgs" post="1386655" timestamp="1363710966"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=109283.msg1386585#msg1386585 date=1363696277]
Walter twins got an offer from Rice over the wknd. Aston Walter (qb) also picked up an offer from Yale University. If Austin (rb) went to the Ivy league with his brother they could possibly dominate those future neurosurgeons.
[/quote]

Those neurosurgeons would just laugh at the simple game that so many people get excited over, and then go on to make millions, while only working 2-3 hours a day. Meanwhile, the high school football fanatics would be still reminiscing about their high school football days, while slogging out life, with only 8 fingers, on a oil field/platform.
[/quote]. . . and once they graduated with a petrochemical engineering degree from an Ivy League institution they would go out on those platforms and trade stories with the hands while those neurosurgeons figured out how to pay back that nearly million dollars medical school and undergrad cost them. Maybe they could trade stories about how they got first runner-up at their high school science fair though. Either way, the twins would scorch the Ivy League.

Potential Sharp to Singleton hook up in Salt Lake City? Aaron Sharp just picked up an offer to Utah. Raelon Singleton already has an offer to play for the Utes. 19-4a rivals to Pac 12 teammates?

*Congrats to Jordan Feuerbacher (TE) of KP, now has offers from Texas State, UTSA, Illinois, and Oregon State.

*Walter twins now have dual offer to Rice University and Yale University
(Ivy League does not offer athletic scholarships)

[quote name="cougar14" post="1387771" timestamp="1363928115"]
Potential Sharp to Singleton hook up in Salt Lake City? [b]Aaron Sharp just picked up an offer to Utah[/b]. Raelon Singleton already has an offer to play for the Utes. 19-4a rivals to Pac 12 teammates?

*Congrats to Jordan Feuerbacher (TE) of KP, now has offers from Texas State, UTSA, Illinois, and Oregon State.

*Walter twins now have dual offer to Rice University and Yale University
(Ivy League does not offer athletic scholarships)
[/quote]
Awesome! I've been wondering when Sharp would get an offer from a BCS-AQ school, I feel he is a bit underrated by a lot of scouts. It would be a steal if the utes got both Sharp and Singleton.

Can someone from Summer Creek confirm or deny that Aaron Sharp just picked up an offer from University of Houston? If so that's his best offer to date but I only got one source saying that's the case. Very hard to get a big time FBS offer at quarterback in the state this year. Unlike last class this one is loaded, could be another like Stafford, Snead, Dalton, Ponder, and McElroy. That's 4 qbs that started an nfl game last year from one high school class in Texas. 

[quote name="cougar14" post="1388592" timestamp="1364221386"]
Can someone from Summer Creek confirm or deny that Aaron Sharp just picked up an offer from University of Houston? If so that's his best offer to date but I only got one source saying that's the case. Very hard to get a big time FBS offer at quarterback in the state this year. Unlike last class this one is loaded, could be another like Stafford, Snead, Dalton, Ponder, and McElroy. That's 4 qbs that started an nfl game last year from one high school class in Texas.
[/quote]
Yes he did...

[quote name="cougar14" post="1388592" timestamp="1364221386"]
Can someone from Summer Creek confirm or deny that Aaron Sharp just picked up an offer from University of Houston? If so that's his [b]best offer[/b] to date but I only got one source saying that's the case. Very hard to get a big time FBS offer at quarterback in the state this year. Unlike last class this one is loaded, could be another like Stafford, Snead, Dalton, Ponder, and McElroy. That's 4 qbs that started an nfl game last year from one high school class in Texas.
[/quote]

COugar14, why are you saying that's his best offer? Are you a Crosby COUGAR or Houston COUGAR  :D

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1388661" timestamp="1364231213"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=109283.msg1388592#msg1388592 date=1364221386]
Can someone from Summer Creek confirm or deny that Aaron Sharp just picked up an offer from University of Houston? If so that's his [b]best offer[/b] to date but I only got one source saying that's the case. Very hard to get a big time FBS offer at quarterback in the state this year. Unlike last class this one is loaded, could be another like Stafford, Snead, Dalton, Ponder, and McElroy. That's 4 qbs that started an nfl game last year from one high school class in Texas.
[/quote]

COugar14, why are you saying that's his best offer? Are you a Crosby COUGAR or Houston COUGAR  :D
[/quote]because utah and colorado are cellar dwellers in the pac 12. at houston he would actually be able to compete for conference championships and play in a good bowl game. utah is going to be lucky to play in a bowl game in the next few years. sharp does remind me of the old utah qb brian johnson from crosby who transfered and played a year at lee before going to utah and being the sugar bowl mvp after he sliced up alabama. sharp should a few more good offers before the season starts but the upper level programs in the state can pick and choose this year 'cause of the qb depth in this class. plus i think with sharp recruiters are saying he has to play in a finesse spread-style offense like he does at sc due to the fact he has average arm strength at best. i also think he's scaring some people with that awkward throwing motion, if you type in ''aaron sharp 247'' they have some pictures of him throwing and you can see what i'm saying. he should be releasing the ball way higher than he does, looks like it hurts his elbow. hard to argue with his production on the field though so he'll still end up with probably 7-10 offers. one other great thing about sharp is he doesn't turn the ball over either.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1388730" timestamp="1364245078"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=109283.msg1388661#msg1388661 date=1364231213]
[/quote]

[/quote]because utah and colorado are cellar dwellers in the pac 12. at houston he would actually be able to compete for conference championships and play in a good bowl game. utah is going to be lucky to play in a bowl game in the next few years. sharp does remind me of the old utah qb brian johnson from crosby who transfered and played a year at lee before going to utah and being the sugar bowl mvp after he sliced up alabama. sharp should a few more good offers before the season starts but the upper level programs in the state can pick and choose this year 'cause of the qb depth in this class. plus i think with sharp recruiters are saying he has to play in a finesse spread-style offense like he does at sc due to the fact he has average arm strength at best. i also think he's scaring some people with that awkward throwing motion, if you type in ''aaron sharp 247'' they have some pictures of him throwing and you can see what i'm saying. he should be releasing the ball way higher than he does, looks like it hurts his elbow. hard to argue with his production on the field though so he'll still end up with probably 7-10 offers. one other great thing about sharp is he doesn't turn the ball over either.
[/quote]

I agree with throwing motion, but I believe his parents pays a QB trainer to help correct some things. As far as arm strength, because he holds the ball low that takes some velocity off the ball. You have a lot of QBs all with different throwing motion, just as long as he's not side arming like Vince Young lol. Sharp wont go and win QB MVP at a camp, I believe his strengths are field vision, accuracy and taking care of the ball for the most part. Now I have seen him make a few bone headed plays lol. Your predicting 7-10, that would be great for him and his parents. It's always good to have options....I heard he liked UH, but how long will Levine be there is the question

[quote name="cougar14" post="1388730" timestamp="1364245078"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=109283.msg1388661#msg1388661 date=1364231213]
[/quote]

[/quote]because utah and colorado are cellar dwellers in the pac 12. at houston he would actually be able to compete for conference championships and play in a good bowl game. utah is going to be lucky to play in a bowl game in the next few years. sharp does remind me of the old utah qb brian johnson from crosby who transfered and played a year at lee before going to utah and being the sugar bowl mvp after he sliced up alabama. sharp should a few more good offers before the season starts but the upper level programs in the state can pick and choose this year 'cause of the qb depth in this class. plus i think with sharp recruiters are saying he has to play in a finesse spread-style offense like he does at sc due to the fact he has [b]average arm strength at best[/b]. i also think he's scaring some people with that awkward throwing motion, if you type in ''aaron sharp 247'' they have some pictures of him throwing and you can see what i'm saying. he should be releasing the ball way higher than he does, looks like it hurts his elbow. hard to argue with his production on the field though so he'll still end up with probably 7-10 offers. one other great thing about sharp is he doesn't turn the ball over either.
[/quote]
I'm not sure what is average at the college level, but I once saw Sharp chuck the ball from the 35 yard line at one end of the field into the endzone on the other side of the field in practice. And that was when he was a freshman.

[quote name="aschom78" post="1389003" timestamp="1364328559"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=109283.msg1388730#msg1388730 date=1364245078]
[/quote]

[/quote]because utah and colorado are cellar dwellers in the pac 12. at houston he would actually be able to compete for conference championships and play in a good bowl game. utah is going to be lucky to play in a bowl game in the next few years. sharp does remind me of the old utah qb brian johnson from crosby who transfered and played a year at lee before going to utah and being the sugar bowl mvp after he sliced up alabama. sharp should a few more good offers before the season starts but the upper level programs in the state can pick and choose this year 'cause of the qb depth in this class. plus i think with sharp recruiters are saying he has to play in a finesse spread-style offense like he does at sc due to the fact he has [b]average arm strength at best[/b]. i also think he's scaring some people with that awkward throwing motion, if you type in ''aaron sharp 247'' they have some pictures of him throwing and you can see what i'm saying. he should be releasing the ball way higher than he does, looks like it hurts his elbow. hard to argue with his production on the field though so he'll still end up with probably 7-10 offers. one other great thing about sharp is he doesn't turn the ball over either.
[/quote]
I'm not sure what is average at the college level, but I once saw Sharp chuck the ball from the 35 yard line at one end of the field into the endzone on the other side of the field in practice. And that was when he was a freshman.
[/quote]That would have been pretty cool to see a little freshman throw the varsity ball over 65 yards, most varsity qbs can't do that when their freshman in college. Arm strength is a five step drop throwing a 15 yards out from the opposite hash mark with a corner breaking on it. Sharp is a UH, Texas Tech, Baylor, West Virginia type spread qb who's going to beat you at the line of scrimmage with his head, timing and experience. He doesn't spin it like Stafford, Luck, Dalton, Ponder, Foles or Mallet. He's more Case Keenum, Nick Florence, or Kliff Kingsburry than RG3 and Geno Smith. Maybe he's Colt McCoy or Matt Lienhart though, two successful big time college qbs that had average at best arms. Sharp is strictly a spread guy who I think could put up ridiculous numbers at a place like UH or La Tech. Just hard to get an offer to one of the Texas Big 12 schools or SEC with the qb talent in the state but I see he is in consideration for a Tech and Baylor offer. He's still got to be on some other C-USA, WAC, Sun Belt team type radars too.

Crosby wr Raelon Singleton just picked up another offer from Colorado State. He already has offers from Utah and San Diego State. There's going to be a good bit of talent on display in 19-4a this fall and now that AJ Jeffery has transferred to Summer Creek he should get some serious looks from FBS schools as an athlete.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1389544" timestamp="1364440138"]
Crosby wr Raelon Singleton just picked up another offer from Colorado State. He already has offers from Utah and San Diego State. There's going to be a good bit of talent on display in 19-4a this fall and now that AJ Jeffery has transferred to Summer Creek he should get some serious looks from FBS schools as an athlete.
[/quote]

Good Job Raelon!

[quote name="cougar14" post="1389490" timestamp="1364416424"]
[quote author=aschom78 link=topic=109283.msg1389003#msg1389003 date=1364328559]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]That would have been pretty cool to see a little freshman throw the varsity ball over 65 yards, most varsity qbs can't do that when their freshman in college. Arm strength is a five step drop throwing a 15 yards out from the opposite hash mark with a corner breaking on it. Sharp is a UH, Texas Tech, Baylor, West Virginia type spread qb who's going to beat you at the line of scrimmage with his head, timing and experience. He doesn't spin it like Stafford, Luck, Dalton, Ponder, Foles or Mallet. He's more Case Keenum, Nick Florence, or Kliff Kingsburry than RG3 and Geno Smith. Maybe he's Colt McCoy or Matt Lienhart though, two successful big time college qbs that had average at best arms. Sharp is strictly a spread guy who I think could put up ridiculous numbers at a place like UH or La Tech. Just hard to get an offer to one of the Texas Big 12 schools or SEC with the qb talent in the state but I see he is in consideration for a Tech and Baylor offer. He's still got to be on some other C-USA, WAC, Sun Belt team type radars too.
[/quote]
Oh ok thanks for clarifying, I wasn't sure what you meant by average arm. But yeah in that case I think you are right, but I wouldn't write him off as a system qb too soon. I've been impressed with how well he executes play-action out of SC's pro-style package, so I think if he can correct the mechanical flaws he could be pretty solid in just about any system, but I guess that's still to early to tell.

[quote name="aschom78" post="1389712" timestamp="1364505724"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=109283.msg1389490#msg1389490 date=1364416424]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Oh ok thanks for clarifying, I wasn't sure what you meant by average arm. But yeah in that case I think you are right, but I wouldn't write him off as a [b]system qb[/b] too soon. I've been impressed with how well he executes play-action out of SC's pro-style package, so I think if he can correct the mechanical flaws he could be pretty solid in just about any system, but I guess that's still to early to tell.
[/quote]

is that what Cougar14 is trying to say?? a system kid is a kid who is doing well only because of the system he is in....the system he is in is first of all not finesse, although Ford let him throw just about every pass, I honestly believe we have players and especially our backs are spread guys. sharp does well in the pro style formation as well, but the plays are easy to read in that formation....yes he still need to work mechanics, but as a Freshman his mechanics were horrible. He has shown tremendous improvement compared to Freshman season...I think with a decent line, Sharp can play in Shotgun, under center, etc....he just has to keep working like EVERY Qb does

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1389920" timestamp="1364527778"]
[quote author=aschom78 link=topic=109283.msg1389712#msg1389712 date=1364505724]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=109283.msg1389490#msg1389490 date=1364416424]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Oh ok thanks for clarifying, I wasn't sure what you meant by average arm. But yeah in that case I think you are right, but I wouldn't write him off as a [b]system qb[/b] too soon. I've been impressed with how well he executes play-action out of SC's pro-style package, so I think if he can correct the mechanical flaws he could be pretty solid in just about any system, but I guess that's still to early to tell.
[/quote]

is that what Cougar14 is trying to say?? a system kid is a kid who is doing well only because of the system he is in....the system he is in is first of all not finesse, although Ford let him throw just about every pass, I honestly believe we have players and especially our backs are spread guys. sharp does well in the pro style formation as well, but the plays are easy to read in that formation....yes he still need to work mechanics, but as a Freshman his mechanics were horrible. He has shown tremendous improvement compared to Freshman season...I think with a decent line, Sharp can play in Shotgun, under center, etc....he just has to keep working like EVERY Qb does
[/quote]
Couldn't have said it better myself. I think he said Sharp is a spread qb comparatively to a Case Keenum/Graham Harrell type, but yeah I think that Sharp would look good in any system.

i'm not saying he's good just because of the system he's in but i am saying a spread is what he needs to play in in college. sharp would have good high school numbers anywhere because of his athleticism and accuracy. most non-sec teams rum some type of spread anyway though. having to take a drop from under center, read and sometime reset could expose his deficiencies. you also have to throw over the offensive line more from in a pro system which isn't good for his current trajectory. i'm just saying there's a timmy chang, zac robinson type feel about sharp where he needs to be in a situation that benefits his skill set or he could find his self down the the depth chart behind a kid more accustomed to what they're running.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder