SE Texas now that the 2013 class has signed Who's next ?

mypooh

[quote name="cougar14" post="1390088" timestamp="1364586958"]
i'm not saying he's good just because of the system he's in but i am saying a spread is what he needs to play in in college. sharp would have good high school numbers anywhere because of his athleticism and accuracy. most non-sec teams rum some type of spread anyway though. having to take a drop from under center, read and sometime reset could expose his deficiencies. you also have to throw over the offensive line more from in a pro system which isn't good for his current trajectory. i'm just saying there's a timmy chang, zac robinson type feel about sharp where he needs to be in a situation that benefits his skill set or he could find hisself down the the depth chart behind a kid more accustomed to what they're running.
[/quote]

He can find himself down the dept chart at any school, he just have to keep working hard. I've seen some of the best QBs ride the bench, remember only one QB on field....Cougar14, you do know majority of the time the ball is thrown between the Lineman not over them? So what college you think would best fit Sharp, in your opinion? I read where Boise St is recruiting him, what do you think of them? And is it true Raelon is leaning toward Utes?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1390118" timestamp="1364598826"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=109283.msg1390088#msg1390088 date=1364586958]
i'm not saying he's good just because of the system he's in but i am saying a spread is what he needs to play in in college. sharp would have good high school numbers anywhere because of his athleticism and accuracy. most non-sec teams rum some type of spread anyway though. having to take a drop from under center, read and sometime reset could expose his deficiencies. you also have to throw over the offensive line more from in a pro system which isn't good for his current trajectory. i'm just saying there's a timmy chang, zac robinson type feel about sharp where he needs to be in a situation that benefits his skill set or he could find hisself down the the depth chart behind a kid more accustomed to what they're running.
[/quote]

He can find himself down the dept chart at any school, he just have to keep working hard. I've seen some of the best QBs ride the bench, remember only one QB on field....Cougar14, you do know majority of the time the ball is thrown between the Lineman not over them? So what college you think would best fit Sharp, in your opinion? I read where Boise St is recruiting him, what do you think of them? And is it true Raelon is leaning toward Utes?
[/quote]First off, when I say over the linemen I mean anywhere between the tackles or tight end and tackle. In other words anywhere a ball can be batted at the line of scrimmage. Second, if  you're the best qb on the team you don't ride the bench and if you do that means you aren't the best qb on the team. Maybe you've seen kids with good high school numbers ride the bench but they weren't the best qb on the team. I didn't see him on Boise St.'s boards but he's got an invite to UCLA's camp and I see he's in consideration for offers from Baylor, Texas Tech, and TCU. I think Boise St. would be perfect for his skill set though because he's a lot like Kellen Moore with better wheels, he's even a southpaw like Moore. So far as the schools that offered though I think UH is the best fit with the style offense they run. I think the dream scenario for Sharp would be Texas Tech (who has a soft verbal from DJ Gillen) or Louisana Tech.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1390189" timestamp="1364664129"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=109283.msg1390118#msg1390118 date=1364598826]
[/quote]

[/quote]First off, when I say over the linemen I mean anywhere between the tackles or tight end and tackle. In other words anywhere a ball can be batted at the line of scrimmage. Second, if  you're the best qb on the team you don't ride the bench and if you do that means you aren't the best qb on the team. Maybe you've seen kids with good high school numbers ride the bench but they weren't the best qb on the team. I didn't see him on Boise St.'s boards but he's got an invite to UCLA's camp and I see he's in consideration for offers from Baylor, Texas Tech, and TCU. I think Boise St. would be perfect for his skill set though because he's a lot like Kellen Moore with better wheels, he's even a southpaw like Moore. So far as the schools that offered though I think UH is the best fit with the style offense they run. I think the dream scenario for Sharp would be Texas Tech (who has a soft verbal from DJ Gillen) or Louisana Tech.
[/quote]

Yea I know what you mean, but they have Qbs whose ball are batted down anyway, regardless of the formation. And yes they have really good Qbs on the bench in college. Not because they only did well in HS, but they were good in college, but had their spot take end due to an injury and wasn't able to get it back. That just like Alex Smith in the NFL, he got hurt but because Kap did so well when he got a shot, it's his job. That is what I'm talking about. You have some of the best QBs on the bench because only 1 is on the field.
And you never answered about Raelon. Where is he leaning, along with the twins?

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1390227" timestamp="1364680835"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=109283.msg1390189#msg1390189 date=1364664129]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=109283.msg1390118#msg1390118 date=1364598826]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yea I know what you mean, but they have Qbs whose ball are batted down anyway, regardless of the formation. And yes they have really good Qbs on the bench in college. Not because they only did well in HS, but they were good in college, but had their spot take end due to an injury and wasn't able to get it back. That just like Alex Smith in the NFL, he got hurt but because Kap did so well when he got a shot, it's his job. That is what I'm talking about. You have some of the best QBs on the bench because only 1 is on the field.
[/quote]Austin was saying he is getting ready to make decision and they are intent on going to the same school so I would think Rice for the twins even though they hold dual offers from Yale. It's a perfect offense for Austin, I think he can what McGuffie was supposed to. Only issue is I think as more kids commit over the Spring and Summer Austin could pick up 4 or 5 more ULL or WAC conference type offers and if he can measure at the 5'7" or higher mark some point during the offseason he's going to get serious consideration from the Big 12. As far as I know Singleton is still taking offers but this was a kid we were talking about couldn't catch at the beginning of the year. He already has offers from Colorado St., Utah, San Diego St., and UH but I think once he hits the camp circuit this offseason and shows his improved catching prowess he's going to get some Big 12 offers so I don't expect him to commit anytime soon.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1390237" timestamp="1364685288"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=109283.msg1390227#msg1390227 date=1364680835]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Austin was saying he is getting ready to make decision and they are intent on going to the same school so I would think Rice for the twins even though they hold dual offers from Yale. It's a perfect offense for Austin, I think he can what McGuffie was supposed to. Only issue is I think as more kids commit over the Spring and Summer Austin could pick up 4 or 5 more ULL or WAC conference type offers and if he can measure at the 5'7" or higher mark some point during the offseason he's going to get serious consideration from the Big 12. As far as I know Singleton is still taking offers but this was a kid we were talking about couldn't catch at the beginning of the year. He already has offers from Colorado St., Utah, San Diego St., and UH but I think once he hits the camp circuit this offseason and shows his improved catching prowess he's going to get some Big 12 offers so I don't expect him to commit anytime soon.
[/quote]

I'm sure the twins will choose Yale huh. Rice is just too close to home. Sometimes you can't wait to choose a college during your senior year, especially as a QB...if Aston gonna play Qb in college, which I heard that is what he's looking to do, he will have to commit soon. They just don't wait around anymore, those offers leave fast for QBs...can Raelon catch now? I know colleges like tall wrs and he's 6'5.....

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1390255" timestamp="1364692608"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=109283.msg1390237#msg1390237 date=1364685288]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=109283.msg1390227#msg1390227 date=1364680835]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm sure the twins will choose Yale huh. Rice is just too close to home. Sometimes you can't wait to choose a college during your senior year, especially as a QB...if Aston gonna play Qb in college, which I heard that is what he's looking to do, he will have to commit soon. They just don't wait around anymore, those offers leave fast for QBs...can Raelon catch now? I know colleges like tall wrs and he's 6'5.....
[/quote]
Well Yale doesn't offer athletic scholarships so they would have to pick up some academic scholarships (which I'm sure they would, I've heard they are really smart) but I could see them doing well at Rice as well.

[quote name="aschom78" post="1390330" timestamp="1364763719"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=109283.msg1390255#msg1390255 date=1364692608]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Well Yale doesn't offer athletic scholarships so they would have to pick up some academic scholarships (which I'm sure they would, I've heard they are really smart) but I could see them doing well at Rice as well.
[/quote]

Yes they are very smart, but the twin QB wants to play QB in college, and Rice is not offering Qb position, only Yale...they already have an offer from Yale

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1390348" timestamp="1364771732"]
[quote author=aschom78 link=topic=109283.msg1390330#msg1390330 date=1364763719]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=109283.msg1390255#msg1390255 date=1364692608]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Yes they are very smart, but the twin QB wants to play QB in college, and Rice is not offering Qb position, only Yale...they already have an offer from Yale
[/quote]

Firstly, I don't know.  But someone is mistaken about Yale.  One says they have been offered, the other says Yale doesn't do athletic scholarships - so what is it?  I don't have a dog in this fight but I would like to know the REAL situation.  Maybe Yale has extended an invitation and is going to help out someway, academically, with the tuition, etc.  Anybody have the REAL story?

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1390379" timestamp="1364777890"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=109283.msg1390348#msg1390348 date=1364771732]
[quote author=aschom78 link=topic=109283.msg1390330#msg1390330 date=1364763719]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Firstly, I don't know.  But someone is mistaken about Yale.  One says they have been offered, the other says Yale doesn't do athletic scholarships - so what is it?  I don't have a dog in this fight but I would like to know the REAL situation.  Maybe Yale has extended an invitation and is going to help out someway, academically, with the tuition, etc.  Anybody have the REAL story?
[/quote]
On rivals it shows one of the twins being offered by Yale but it can't be solely an athletic scholarship because that would be against ivy league policy, so he was probably offered a spot on the team and maybe an academic scholarship or two. I don't have the actual story so I'm just guessing that is what it is.

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1390255" timestamp="1364692608"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]I don't really think they would choose Yale because the Ivy League is actually FCS (D1-AA) and I think they only play ten games a year with no bowls. I don't know if they're that intent on being away from home. Believe it or not I think they could both play as true freshman. Rice runs a spread-option attack just like Crosby does now except they work from the pistol sometime and Rice is recruiting Aston as a qb even though he's probably a better position player than his brother. You're getting a great education at both schools which I know they value but you get a lot more football value at Rice who's coming off their best season in a while. The Ivy League doesn't offer any scholarships for academic or athletic abilities. Financial aide is based strictly on family need at Yale. There is some gray area in Ivy League recruiting though because it says a student can receive a "private scholarship" which is not from the school. I would assume the athletic programs are supported strictly by private donors like alumni. I know someone's son who played football at Yale so I'll ask him and get back.   

[quote name="cougar14" post="1390237" timestamp="1364685288"]
[/quote]

[/quote]First off, when I say over the linemen I mean anywhere between the tackles or tight end and tackle. In other words anywhere a ball can be batted at the line of scrimmage. Second, if  you're the best qb on the team you don't ride the bench and if you do that means you aren't the best qb on the team. Maybe you've seen kids with good high school numbers ride the bench but they weren't the best qb on the team. I didn't see him on Boise St.'s boards but he's got an invite to UCLA's camp and I see he's in consideration for offers from Baylor, Texas Tech, and TCU. I think Boise St. would be perfect for his skill set though because he's a lot like Kellen Moore with better wheels, he's even a southpaw like Moore. So far as the schools that offered though I think UH is the best fit with the style offense they run. I think the dream scenario for Sharp would be Texas Tech (who has a soft verbal from DJ Gillen) or[b] Louisiana Tech.[/b]
[/quote]

[/quote]Austin was saying he is getting ready to make decision and they are intent on going to the same school so I would think Rice for the twins even though they hold dual offers from Yale. It's a perfect offense for Austin, I think he can what McGuffie was supposed to.[b] Only issue is I think as more kids commit over the Spring and Summer Austin could pick up 4 or 5 more ULL or WAC conference type offers[/b] and if he can measure at the 5'7" or higher mark some point during the offseason he's going to get serious consideration from the Big 12. As far as I know Singleton is still taking offers but this was a kid we were talking about couldn't catch at the beginning of the year. He already has offers from Colorado St., Utah, San Diego St., and UH but I think once he hits the camp circuit this offseason and shows his improved catching prowess he's going to get some Big 12 offers so I don't expect him to commit anytime soon.
[/quote]. . . as I was saying. Louisiana Tech offered Crosby rb Austin Walter yesterday. Raelon Singleton was also offered by Louisiana Tech and University of Toledo. La Tech put 57 on A&M last year so that tells you what kind of offense they play.
        On another note Summer Creek qb Aaron Sharp also picked up an offer from Toledo. Kingwood Park te Jordan Feuerbacher is visiting A&M and Baylor over the weekend and seeing as he's rated one of the top 20 tight ends in the country on every recruiting service I'm expecting him to pick up another offer from one of the two to go with the 5 he already has.

I figured even though he was small it was going to be hard to argue with the numbers Austin Walter is putting up and where he's doing it so he's rightly getting his due. Teams are making a mistake by overlooking Aston, the qb twin. I've watched these kids play at least 20 varsity games and believe Aston is the better football player. I actually think playing qb is hurting him right now but it's helping the team dearly. If Aston could play in the slot he would dominate the district in receiving yards the way his brother does in rushing yards. 

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1392806" timestamp="1365536259"]
I'm hearing Jordan Feubacher from KP received an offer from Baylor, can someone confirm?
[/quote]he got an offer from baylor when he visited this wknd. i'm surprised the aggies didn't offer this wknd also when he visited. he's the top rated player in our district. 200 career receiving yards in over 20 games on 15 catches. from what i read he does very well at camps and on his visits.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1393325" timestamp="1365627043"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=109283.msg1392806#msg1392806 date=1365536259]
I'm hearing Jordan Feubacher from KP received an offer from Baylor, can someone confirm?
[/quote]he got an offer from baylor when he visited this wknd. i'm surprised the aggies didn't offer this wknd also when he visited.[b] he's the top rated player in our district. [/b]200 career receiving yards in over 20 games on 15 catches. from what i read he does very well at camps and on his visits.
[/quote]

Well not that we are competing, but Dakota Allen may be highest rated soon.

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1393328" timestamp="1365627274"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=109283.msg1393325#msg1393325 date=1365627043]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=109283.msg1392806#msg1392806 date=1365536259]
[/quote]he got an offer from baylor when he visited this wknd. i'm surprised the aggies didn't offer this wknd also when he visited.[b] he's the top rated player in our district. [/b]200 career receiving yards in over 20 games on 15 catches. from what i read he does very well at camps and on his visits.
[/quote]

[/quote]Dakota only has 2 stars right now. If he balls hard during the spring and summer he can get a third star. Aston, Austin, Raelon, Sharp, and JF already have three stars. Feuerbacher would have four stars but he's a tight end and they aren't as valuable as receivers, offensive tackles, or dbs. Dakota has a couple problems though. One, he doesn't have great tackle numbers for a dominant middle lb in high school which could be due to SC blowing people out and their opponents having to throw a lot. Second and more pressing is that at barely over 6ft he doesn't have very much top end speed which limits his 3rd down ability on the next level. I think he'll play at that 245 range in college and if he can get a little faster with that he has a chance to be a very good FBS linebacker because he scrapes, fights off blocks and fills very well.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1393341" timestamp="1365629489"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=109283.msg1393328#msg1393328 date=1365627274]
[/quote]

[/quote]Dakota only has 2 stars right now. If he balls hard during the spring and summer he can get a third star. Aston, Austin, and Raelon already have three stars. Feuerbacher would have four stars but he's a tight end and they aren't as valuable as receivers, offensive tackles, or dbs. Dakota has a couple problems though. one, he doesn't have great tackle numbers for a dominant middle lb in high school which could be due to SC blowing people out and their opponents having to throw a lot. second and more pressing is that at barely over 6ft he doesn't have very much top end speed which limits his 3rd down ability on the next level. i think he'll play at that 245 range in college and if he can get a little faster with that he has a chance to be a very good FBS linebacker because he scrapes, fights off blocks and fills very well.
[/quote]

I believe Jordan Feuerbacher would commit to Texas AM if offered, his parents went to school there.

Now Cougar14, we don't mind the constructive criticism you give about the kids, but you have yet to say the weaknesses of Crosby players. You told us about Aaron Sharp throwing motion and Dakota Allen lack of size and speed, but never said what Raelon, and twins lacking....I like the feedback but let us hear your opinion on Constructive criticism on Crosby too....IJS 

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1393384" timestamp="1365647331"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=109283.msg1393341#msg1393341 date=1365629489]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=109283.msg1393328#msg1393328 date=1365627274]
[/quote]

[/quote]Dakota only has 2 stars right now. If he balls hard during the spring and summer he can get a third star. Aston, Austin, and Raelon already have three stars. Feuerbacher would have four stars but he's a tight end and they aren't as valuable as receivers, offensive tackles, or dbs. Dakota has a couple problems though. one, he doesn't have great tackle numbers for a dominant middle lb in high school which could be due to SC blowing people out and their opponents having to throw a lot. second and more pressing is that at barely over 6ft he doesn't have very much top end speed which limits his 3rd down ability on the next level. i think he'll play at that 245 range in college and if he can get a little faster with that he has a chance to be a very good FBS linebacker because he scrapes, fights off blocks and fills very well.
[/quote]

I believe Jordan Feuerbacher would commit to Texas AM if offered, his parents went to school there.

Now Cougar14, we don't mind the constructive criticism you give about the kids, but you have yet to say the weaknesses of Crosby players. You told us about Aaron Sharp throwing motion and Dakota Allen lack of size and speed, but never said what Raelon, and twins lacking....I like the feedback but let us hear your opinion on Constructive criticism on Crosby too....IJS
[/quote]I think we have 4 kids on the offensive side of the football that can play at the FBS level for sure next year. The twins of course, or big receiver and a kid named Josh Blackburn next year who was honorable all state as a junior in 2012. Blackburn issue is he's too small to play on the o-line at the next level but he's not being showcased anywhere else because he's helping the team, much like Aston. Josh is in that 6'3"-6'4" range and will probably play at about 225-235. Our other wide receiver is a kid named Cullen Lee (88) who started last year too. He was listed at 6'3" and 190 last year but he's probably a little under that but should be heavier by the fall. He's not what I would call athletic and he'll struggle at a FCS type school to get separation from defenders, in some cases even good high school defenders. I think just because of how good we'll be next year that he's going to get a scholarship though. As for our 3 star kids it's obvious. The twins' production speaks for itself, but so does their height. Over 2300 yards from scrimmage last year for Austin, over 2000 passing with 700 plus rushing for Aston. Aston is actually the better football player in my opinion but Austin is in the right position. They're also a year early in school, they just turned 16 in February. They're still barely 5'7" and that's killing them both, either way they still have 8 combined offers. Raelon could be one of the best receivers in the state if he just focuses on football but he loves the hardwood. His issue is catching the ball, PERIOD. If you were at the SC vs Crosby game last year you saw what happened. More than once he abused the SC defender that was manned up on him and dropped the ball on what should be a routine catch from a player with 6 offers already. His route running needs improvement and while he had issues catching the ball wide open last year he catches it extremely well in traffic. Over 6'4" and and probably fills out at 215-220 in college. If he catches the ball well on the camp circuit could end up with over 10 offers by the fall. If this is the first time you heard me evaluate Crosby's players you haven't been up on my handy work. I also only talk about player I KNOW are good enough to play at the next level. I think it's better to hear it on a message board rather than at the end of you senior season.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1393392" timestamp="1365649834"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=109283.msg1393384#msg1393384 date=1365647331]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=109283.msg1393341#msg1393341 date=1365629489]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]I think we have 4 kids on the offensive side of the football that can play at the FBS level for sure next year. The twins of course, or big receiver and a kid named Josh Blackburn next year who was honorable all state as a junior in 2012. Blackburn issue is he's too small to play on the o-line at the next level but he's not being showcased anywhere else because he's helping the team, much like Aston. Josh is in that 6'3"-6'4" range and will probably play at about 225-235. Our other wide receiver is a kid named Cullen Lee (88) who started last year too. He was listed at 6'3" and 190 last year but he's probably a little under that but should be heavier by the fall. He's not what I would call athletic and he'll struggle at a FCS type school to get separation from defenders, in some cases even good high school defenders. I think just because of how good we'll be next year that he's going to get a scholarship though. As for our 3 star kids it's obvious. The twins' production speaks for itself, but so does their height. Over 2300 yards from scrimmage last year for Austin, over 2000 passing with 700 plus rushing for Aston. Aston is actually the better football player in my opinion but Austin is in the right position. They're also a year early in school, they just turned 16 in February. They're still barely 5'7" and that's killing them both, either way they still have 8 combined offers. Raelon could be one of the best receivers in the state if he just focuses on football but he loves the hardwood. His issue is catching the ball, PERIOD. If you were at the SC vs Crosby game last year you saw what happened. More than once he abused the SC defender that was manned up on him and dropped the ball on what should be a routine catch from a player with 6 offers already. His route running needs improvement and while he had issues catching the ball wide open last year he catches it extremely well in traffic. Over 6'4" and and probably fills out at 215-220 in college. If he catches the ball well on the camp circuit could end up with over 10 offers by the fall.[b] If this is the first time you heard me evaluate Crosby's players[/b] you haven't been up on my handy work. I also only talk about player I KNOW are good enough to play at the next level. I think it's better to hear it on a message board rather than at the end of you senior season.
[/quote]

This isn't first time we heard you talk about Crosby players, but to tell what their weakness are, it is. and it's nothing wrong with constructive criticism , and telling their weakness. One thing I do have to say is, you also say tell their strengths too, and that's positive :)

I see Dakota Allen getting some love on the recruiting scene. He must of looked good at the NFTC in Dallas. Here's what the offers I can find in district 19-4a look like right now.

Jordan Feuerbacher, TE, Kingwood Park - 8 offers. He has 13 career receptions in two years but he blocks well on film and undoubtedly catches the ball well in camps. I read somewhere he wants to go to A&M though and they could use him after Griffin didn't sign last year or they don't land Koda Martin. http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jordan-Feuerbacher-23108/RecruitInterests

Dakota Allen, ILB, Summer Creek - 7 offers. Plays the game like a high school London Fletcher and given the fact that he'll probably weigh around 240 not long after he arrives on campus he could contend early for playing time in the right system and close his career with over 30 starts. I think he's perfect for the Big 10 and their power run games. http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Dakota-Allen-138238

Raelon Singleton , WR, Crosby - 6 offers. (I hear he has 8 offers but I can't confirm). Very, very raw but unlike Feuerbacher there's production to go with his potential. He had 125 receiving in Dayton and 157 more against a Manor team in the playoffs who I thought was the second best team we played all year behind SC. He had over 600 receiving yards last year in his first year back playing football and could have over 1000 this year with Justin Walter at Henderson St. His offers could double by the fall if he catches the ball well on the camp circuit. http://247sports.com/Player/Raelon-Singleton-24682

Austin Walter, RB, Crosby - 5 offers. (Doesn't show Rice). 10 ypc and 24 yards shy of 2000 last year to go with over 4000 total yards from scrimmage the first two years he's been in the backfield. I've watched the film on all the top backs in the state and country and think Joe Mixon is the best back in the country, Donald Catalon the best back in the state. Only thing stopping him from being a four star is the tape measure 'cause everything else is elite. http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Austin-Walter-135246e. 
*Filthiest film in the SETX - http://www.hudl.com/athlete/618456/highlights/34008378

Aaron Sharp, QB, Summer Creek - 4 offers. 6,749 yards 66tds with just 16 ints in pretty much two years of work. (Threw for 1,122 as a freshman). 24th rated dual-threat qb in the country by rivals even though I believe he's just a mobile pro-style qb. QBs and kickers do their work at camps but he's on the verge of getting a few big time offers also. http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Aaron-Sharp-138237

Aston Walter, QB, Crosby - 2 offers. (Committed to Rice). Playing out of position, would dominate if he got an opportunity to play the position Justin Walter did last year. Same size and stature as Phillip Beck who is in the state record books for his 2200 yards receiving season at Crosby but a heck of a lot better natural athlete. 
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Aston-Walter-135247

* I'm going to do another one for the next tier of kids that don't have offers but will probably play in college somewhere, I just can't find consistent sizes.

Aston and Austin Walter committed to Rice University. I think Austin (rb) can compete for immediate playing time unless he would want to redshirt with his brother. These kids have a chance to become stars in Houston as well as Conference USA. It's only 30 miles from Cougar Stadium to Rice Stadium so I'll be there to catch a bunch of their games.

I really thought Tony Brown was going to be the first ESPN 5 star recruit from SETX. ESPN is more production oriented as far as non-qbs go, instead of camp and combine like Rivals. Brown is still a 5 star on rivals and 247 though. According to ESPN Hoza Scott of La Porte High School is the #1 OLB in the United States and number 28 overall. Tony Brown is the 5th rated corner in the country and number 27 overall. DeShawn Washington is a very respectable 16th rated DT in the country. 

Initial ESPN 150 - http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder