Does HJ want a successful football team?

Guest Farmer Fran

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="no-look" post="1372523" timestamp="1360592374"]
Look at how many kids that are moving on to the next level. Does HJ have as many players as their opponents that go to college to play ball?
[/quote]

no-look they are not moving on because they are all at the wrong positions......remember!!!! ::) ::) ::)

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1372544" timestamp="1360596665"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=109132.msg1372523#msg1372523 date=1360592374]
Look at how many kids that are moving on to the next level. Does HJ have as many players as their opponents that go to college to play ball?
[/quote]

no-look they are not moving on because they are all at the wrong positions......remember!!!! ::) ::) ::)
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="no-look" post="1372523" timestamp="1360592374"]
[/quote]

Nope!

[quote name="bedelmon" post="1372287" timestamp="1360473333"]
Mytwocents, does your nose bleed every 28 days? You could stuff that tampon up your nose to stop the bleeding...
[/quote]
bedelmon you are one very immature, butt-hurt, sorry person. and for that i will pray for you and your two sons who should start on varsity.

[quote name="BlueOwl" post="1372724" timestamp="1360629271"]
Are you serious! What kind of question is this? What sports program doesn't want to be successful? If any program wants to lose they should've even be aloud to play!
[/quote]
BlueOwl, quite an interesting name. I'm going to guess you're a child.

Don't get me wrong I like a good sports discussion as well as the next fan, but to post a question such as this just to get a "rise" out of us HJ fans may seem fun, but there are some young athletes that it hurts. Sure we have had some down seasons but hey who is to say what next year will hold. I personally went to Vidor, I can remember days when we could not win a game even if the other team did not show up, yet look what they have accomplished in the past few years. I think the other post got to personal and then some wise arse decides to start this one because the other was losing interest....give me a break

Basketball will never rule over football. Remember that's why they got rid of the Football program at Lamar in 1989. As soon  as Lamar dropped it the basketball program faltered and the enrollment went down. Lamar spent the next 20 years trying to get football back.  So, the answer to your question is yes. HJ does want a good football program as well as a good basketball program.

[quote name="jenks" post="1372830" timestamp="1360649351"]
Basketball will never rule over football. Remember that's why they got rid of the Football program at Lamar in 1989. As soon  as Lamar dropped it the basketball program faltered and the enrollment went down. Lamar spent the next 20 years trying to get football back.  So, the answer to your question is yes. HF does want a good football program as well as a good basketball program.
[/quote]HF?

[quote name="Titletown2" post="1372960" timestamp="1360689641"]
Y'all do realize that starting next year 4 teams will make the playoffs in 3A next year. I don't see any reason HJ can't complete for a playoff spot with 4 teams now going from each district.
[/quote]
Totally agree. It's not like HJ didn't compete with other teams in their district. Surely they can play for a 4th spot to make playoffs

[quote name="undiscovered" post="1372725" timestamp="1360629319"]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=109132.msg1372287#msg1372287 date=1360473333]
Mytwocents, does your nose bleed every 28 days? You could stuff that tampon up your nose to stop the bleeding...
[/quote]
bedelmon you are one very immature, butt-hurt, sorry person. and for that i will pray for you and your two sons who should start on varsity.

[/quote]

I dont think you read all my post there podna, playing time of my boys has never been the issue, being a laughing stock and loosing is my issue with our program just like anyone of you if you were in our position. My son could play defensive end for any team in Southeast Texas no problem! Half the teams in our district got outside of him maybe twice per game? Some none... I only know of one football scholarship in the last 4 years at HJ and thats Joe Persohn. I guarantee you Martel had no hand in that. He told me point blank, "coaches dont get kids recruited these days, thats up to the parents"... So my answer to the question about HJ kids playing at the next level, the ones that could have havent really had any guidence or help from the one person on campus that could have helped them. Maybe I am butt hurt, but mark my words, HJ will be doing some "reaming" of their own this next year if we get a guy that has some passion and respect for the game. I cant wait to get on here in September... Yall will all have new user names by then...

[quote name="bedelmon" post="1373055" timestamp="1360695710"]
[quote author=undiscovered link=topic=109132.msg1372725#msg1372725 date=1360629319]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I dont think you read all my post there podna, playing time of my boys has never been the issue, being a laughing stock and loosing is my issue with our program just like anyone of you if you were in our position. My son could play defensive end for any team in Southeast Texas no problem! Half the teams in our district got outside of him maybe twice per game? Some none... I only know of one football scholarship in the last 4 years at HJ and thats Joe Persohn. I guarantee you Martel had no hand in that. He told me point blank, "coaches dont get kids recruited these days, thats up to the parents"... So my answer to the question about HJ kids playing at the next level, the ones that could have havent really had any guidence or help from the one person on campus that could have helped them. Maybe I am butt hurt, but mark my words, HJ will be doing some "reaming" of their own this next year if we get a guy that has some passion and respect for the game. [b]I cant wait to get on here in September... Yall will all have new user names by then...[/b]
[/quote]
Nice try but you ain't getting rid of me that easily kid.  8)

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="mytwocents" post="1373066" timestamp="1360697229"]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=109132.msg1373055#msg1373055 date=1360695710]
[quote author=undiscovered link=topic=109132.msg1372725#msg1372725 date=1360629319]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I dont think you read all my post there podna, playing time of my boys has never been the issue, being a laughing stock and loosing is my issue with our program just like anyone of you if you were in our position. My son could play defensive end for any team in Southeast Texas no problem! Half the teams in our district got outside of him maybe twice per game? Some none... I only know of one football scholarship in the last 4 years at HJ and thats Joe Persohn. I guarantee you Martel had no hand in that. He told me point blank, "coaches dont get kids recruited these days, thats up to the parents"... So my answer to the question about HJ kids playing at the next level, the ones that could have havent really had any guidence or help from the one person on campus that could have helped them. Maybe I am butt hurt, but mark my words, HJ will be doing some "reaming" of their own this next year if we get a guy that has some passion and respect for the game. [b]I cant wait to get on here in September... Yall will all have new user names by then...[/b]
[/quote]
Nice try but you ain't getting rid of me that easily kid.  8)
[/quote]

;D

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="football" post="1374088" timestamp="1360852360"]
In a previous post, bedelmon stated that his son would play for any team in southeast Texas
[/quote]

:-X ;)

Well I have to say yes. I realize its only "no talent" HJ, but my oldest started as a freshman on varsity last year and a sophmore this year. 6'4" 215 and he has great leverage. Great DE coach at HJ in Fogo. Yes, totally, come to a game next year, look him up in the program and see for yourself... We aint skeered....