Does HJ want a successful football team?

Guest Farmer Fran

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an outsider looking in (although my dad lives in Nome). I think HJ can contend for a playoff spot most years, but they'll have to beat the other schools with similar talent level. They will never compete with Silsbee and WOS talent wise. You have to accept that and battle the OF, HF, Buna, BC of the district. Most 4a's in the area can't compete with Silsbee and WOS, it's just the way it is. Hawks just shoot for a playoff spot. my .02 cents.

HJ= Basketball, baseball, golf, and then football. Hopefully they can motivate more kids to participate in football and light a fire in Hawk country with the right mindset.

The kids that play on the football team at HJ do want a successful football team.  Despite some HJ loyalist who believe there is not enough talent at this time to produce winning record, I said winning recolrd not winning district, there is enough talent to be abovve 500 and compete in all games. 

My name is blain padgett, I'm at sophomore at hj and I do want a successful program. I work out every day and I work towards a successful program. I know I can hang with anybody in my district or anybody around us. I was voted 1st team all district and many of my teammates work as hard as I do. Some people on this forum don't know a thing about some of the kids in our program.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Blain" post="1372179" timestamp="1360457402"]
My name is blain padgett, I'm at sophomore at hj and I do want a successful program. I work out every day and I work towards a successful program. I know I can hang with anybody in my district or anybody around us. I was voted 1st team all district and many of my teammates work as hard as I do. Some people on this forum don't know a thing about some of the kids in our program.
[/quote]

Congrats on being a all district selection. Hopefully y'all can turn it around, but HJ has tough sledding ahead of them in the district y'all are in.

Thank you very much for the guidance. I will take that into consideration. Should we even play football next year. Should we just not dress out in uniform next? What position do you play and what is your number because I will look for you next year.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Blain" post="1372205" timestamp="1360462264"]
Thank you very much for the guidance. I will take that into consideration. Should we even play football next year. Should we just not dress out in uniform next? What position do you play and what is your number because I will look for you next year.
[/quote]

Young man, my playing days have long been over. This is a public forum you have to have a tough skin, if you are going to post in here.

All I did was offer my congrats on your all district selection.
The truth hurts, at this point and time y'all do not have the athletes to compete with teams like Silsbee and WOS.
So you and your teammates hit the weight room and do your conditioning and quit paying attention to what is being said on message boards.

If you choose to stay and post you had better put your big boy pants on and learn to take the criticism and praise when it comes your way.

I ready for anything you have. I believe in my program. Shouldn't have silsbee beat us 50-0?? You're right, this is a public forum. You sound like you got your feelings hurt. How old are you. I can post my opinion just like you can. Why don't you put your big pants on. I am in the weight room. And I challenge any player from WOS or silsbee.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Blain" post="1372218" timestamp="1360464302"]
I ready for anything you have. I believe in my program. Shouldn't have silsbee beat us 50-0?? You're right, this is a public forum. [b]You sound like you got your feelings hurt. How old are you[/b]. I can post my opinion just like you can. Why don't you put your big pants on. I am in the weight room. And I challenge any player from WOS or silsbee.
[/quote]

Old enough and believe you did not hurt my feelings.
I have been call out a many of times but never for offering my congratulations. ???
Ease up message board tough guy ;D ;D ;D

I am not going to get in a pissing match with a kid. :-X

I apologize. Just read a few of your previous posts and was just wondering why you are so interested about hj football. Believe me. Your opinion of others doesn't affect me at all but it blows my mind that an adult man would spend so much time posting about kids sports. And starting threads about other hs other than your own. I don't take this serious. I think it's funny

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Blain" post="1372222" timestamp="1360465138"]
I apologize. Just read a few of your previous posts and was just wondering why you are so interested about hj football. Believe me. Your opinion of others doesn't affect me at all but it blows my mind that an adult man would spend so much time posting about kids sports. And starting threads about other hs other than your own. I don't take this serious. I think it's funny
[/quote]

Well us adults have to have something to talk about. This is Texas and we take our football very seriously. I know a lot of people in Sour Lake and I know the previous AD/HC at HJ.
If you think I am the only adult on this board than you are mistaken.
We may act like kids on here, but that is what keeps us young ;D ;D

[quote name="Blain" post="1372222" timestamp="1360465138"]
I apologize. Just read a few of your previous posts and was just wondering why you are so interested about hj football. Believe me. [b]Your opinion of others doesn't affect me at all but it blows my mind that an adult man would spend so much time posting about kids sports[/b]. And starting threads about other hs other than your own. I don't take this serious. I think it's funny
[/quote] This is a SPORTS BASED FORUM, thats why.  ;)

Well hello Farmer Fran... Finally pissed off some of the HJ players did ya? We we have plenty of talent. Your friend that used to be our AD /coach didnt judge talent very well. Did you see Dylan Mays on the court last night? You guys said on the last thread thzt our only athletes were basketball players in which Dylan did play football..... On the JV!!!! No judge of talent. Who ever gets this job will prove it against every team in the district... We may not win every game, but we will go to the playoff the next 2 or 3 years for sure... Then you can get on here next year with your jergins coated fingers and gripe about your coach because you wont beat HJ for the next 2 years podna!

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1372230" timestamp="1360467308"]
Well hello Farmer Fran... Finally pissed off some of the HJ players did ya? We we have plenty of talent. Your friend that used to be our AD /coach didnt judge talent very well. Did you see Dylan Mays on the court last night? You guys said on the last thread thzt our only athletes were basketball players in which Dylan did play football..... On the JV!!!! No judge of talent. Who ever gets this job will prove it against every team in the district... We may not win every game, but we will go to the playoff the next 2 or 3 years for sure... Then you can get on here next year with your jergins coated fingers and gripe about your coach because you wont beat HJ for the next 2 years podna!
[/quote]

You are out of your ever loving mind about beating Silsbee for the next 2 yrs.  ;D ;D
Read the topic bedelmon. I know you care about the football program, but you seem to be in the minority.
I will lay a 100 that you will not beat Silsbee.

[quote name="bedelmon" post="1372230" timestamp="1360467308"]
Well hello Farmer Fran... Finally pissed off some of the HJ players did ya? We we have plenty of talent. Your friend that used to be our AD /coach didnt judge talent very well. Did you see Dylan Mays on the court last night? You guys said on the last thread thzt our only athletes were basketball players in which Dylan did play football..... On the JV!!!! No judge of talent. Who ever gets this job will prove it against every team in the district... We may not win every game, but we will go to the playoff the next 2 or 3 years for sure... Then you can get on here next year with your jergins coated fingers and gripe about your coach [b]because you wont beat HJ for the next 2 years podna[/b]!
[/quote] So Silsbee will be beaten in football this year and next year by HJ......yeah if that happens i'll delete my account, no offense to HJ football program but that aint happening.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Allan" post="1372235" timestamp="1360467757"]
I think that when we get a new coach, IF he knows what he is doing, he will put the best talent on the feild, silsbee will be beat and you will finally stop talking and know that it isn't our talent.
[/quote]

little edelmon this topic is not about beating Silsbee.
READ THE TOPIC!!!

Hopefully when HJ hires a coach, he tells his players to stop posting in message boards. Makes them look foolish. Players play, us old guys worry about message board fodder.

Seems ol' Bedelmon has riled up the troops to get after my guy Farmer Fran. He even created a few extra screen names and got the wives and kids involved. HJ is and always be a basketball school. There's no shame in that, just know who you are.