How will your district finish in 2013?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1371212" timestamp="1360282107"]
im gonna laugh when aschom78 has come back and eat his words... I think he is chummy with cougar14 AKA coug8broncos whatever his alias was/is
[/quote]
I would have no issues eating my words, anything can happen in an offseason.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1371230" timestamp="1360285046"]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=108809.msg1371212#msg1371212 date=1360282107]
im gonna laugh when aschom78 has come back and eat his words... I think he is chummy with cougar14 AKA coug8broncos whatever his alias was/is
[/quote]
Please don't say that name again. It might bring him back. Please octfeb lol.
[/quote]Never left, just been checking on here the last couple of days to see where the kids are going to school. I'm not going to pick with you now because there will be plenty to say with y'all falling back into mediocrity. I'm expecting the usual 4 or 5 wins for the Pirates next year. Look at it this way Pennies, at least you won't have to get your teeth kicked in by those Humble boys again. We're tyring to win a 19-4a title in basketball right now and potentially be 29-1 the last two years in the district so football is secondary for the time being. Since you football team averages more than you hoop squad I'm sure you wouldn't know anything about that. Good luck with no Quirante, if you district is decent this year y'alls season should be over by October.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1371230" timestamp="1360285046"]
[/quote]
[/quote]I'm on turnaround right now April and half the trailer is from Dayton. Besides the usual Bronco bravado they're not too excited about this season. They don't think they have the right coaching staff in place to put it lightly.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1371239" timestamp="1360286994"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=108809.msg1371230#msg1371230 date=1360285046]
[/quote]
[/quote]I'm on turnaround right now April and half the trailer is from Dayton. Besides the usual Bronco bravado they're not too excited about this season. They don't think they have the right coaching staff in place to put it lightly.
[/quote] LOL they just jacking with ya. They know how you are.. don't wanna get them stats rolling out of ya.... So they are just keeping everything on the down low.. til your turn around is over...

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1371248" timestamp="1360288592"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=108809.msg1371239#msg1371239 date=1360286994]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=108809.msg1371230#msg1371230 date=1360285046]
[/quote]
[/quote]I'm on turnaround right now [b]April[/b] and half the trailer is from Dayton. Besides the usual Bronco bravado they're not too excited about this season. They don't think they have the right coaching staff in place to put it lightly.
[/quote] LOL they just jacking with ya. They know how you are.. don't wanna get them stats rolling out of ya.... So they are just keeping everything on the down low.. til your turn around is over...
[/quote]

;D ;D

[quote name="aschom78" post="1371194" timestamp="1360278623"]
A few of you made some good points about the teams in 19-4a, so I'm going to refine my previous prediction for next season.

#1: Summer Creek (believe it or not, they will be even better next year. They will likely start around 20 seniors, many of which are 3+ year varsity players including the 4 guys who were on the team as freshmen. [b]It will be tough for the WR corp to replace[/b] Hogan and Ruffin, so expect Torrey Johnson to get the majority of Sharp's passes. 4 starters return on the O-line, which were a bit soft last year, so hopefully the offseason treats them well. Much of last years depth at LB will compete for starting spots and will be a very strong part of the defense)

#2: Crosby (going to be much more competitive than most expect, should have one of the most explosive offenses in the state. They are the only team I expect to challenge SC in the regular season and could potentially upset them and might have a shot at the 4a-d2 state championship. Only question mark is defense, which is something they definately have to improve in the offseason)

#3: Kingwood Park (yeah, considering how most of their impact players will return for them and how solid their coaching staff is, they should improve dramatically this offseason)

#4: Barbers Hill (a bit of uncertainty here, but with thier 3 leading rushers and a few solid defensive players returning for them I like them a little more than dayton to make the playoffs)

#5: Dayton (I am by no means trying to insult dayton fans here, dayton will still have a good team, it just wont be as dominant as it has been in recent years. Most programs would be lucky to say 6-4 is a down year, especially in such a talented district. With that being said, they will have a few young players that will, if not already, make a name for themselves)

#6: C.E. King (I still think they will be better than everyone else expects them to be, but having a few good skill players won't get them to the post-season. Its kind of a shame they have such a good RB that they can't effectively use)

#7: Porter (Its a natural reaction to laugh when someone ranks porter over humble, but in 2013 I think it makes sense. When their class of 2014 were freshmen, they dominated all other district freshmen teams. Going into the 2013 season more than half of the startering squad will be third year varsity starters from this class, as well as a few additional returning starters. Sounds like a pretty good group of athletes to me, but there is just one problem. Their coaches dont seem to know how to appropriately develop talent, and thats why this talented team will be wasted on another losing season. At least they will probably beat humble)

#8: Humble (Humble has gone down hill, as much as it pains me to say that. Sure, they will return some good players in 2013, but this entire program is still in the rebuilding phase, and that includes their coaches and their overall attitude. I see good things for them in the future, but it wont be until 2014)

#9: New Caney (Maybe they should just play JV for a while)
[/quote]

Everybody is gonna be so Suprised when y'all see our receiver crew this year, I'm not saying it will be at the beginning of the season, but keep y'all eyes open 8)

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1371643" timestamp="1360357677"]
[quote author=aschom78 link=topic=108809.msg1371194#msg1371194 date=1360278623]
A few of you made some good points about the teams in 19-4a, so I'm going to refine my previous prediction for next season.

#1: Summer Creek (believe it or not, they will be even better next year. They will likely start around 20 seniors, many of which are 3+ year varsity players including the 4 guys who were on the team as freshmen. [b]It will be tough for the WR corp to replace[/b] Hogan and Ruffin, so expect Torrey Johnson to get the majority of Sharp's passes. 4 starters return on the O-line, which were a bit soft last year, so hopefully the offseason treats them well. Much of last years depth at LB will compete for starting spots and will be a very strong part of the defense)

#2: Crosby (going to be much more competitive than most expect, should have one of the most explosive offenses in the state. They are the only team I expect to challenge SC in the regular season and could potentially upset them and might have a shot at the 4a-d2 state championship. Only question mark is defense, which is something they definately have to improve in the offseason)

#3: Kingwood Park (yeah, considering how most of their impact players will return for them and how solid their coaching staff is, they should improve dramatically this offseason)

#4: Barbers Hill (a bit of uncertainty here, but with thier 3 leading rushers and a few solid defensive players returning for them I like them a little more than dayton to make the playoffs)

#5: Dayton (I am by no means trying to insult dayton fans here, dayton will still have a good team, it just wont be as dominant as it has been in recent years. Most programs would be lucky to say 6-4 is a down year, especially in such a talented district. With that being said, they will have a few young players that will, if not already, make a name for themselves)

#6: C.E. King (I still think they will be better than everyone else expects them to be, but having a few good skill players won't get them to the post-season. Its kind of a shame they have such a good RB that they can't effectively use)

#7: Porter (Its a natural reaction to laugh when someone ranks porter over humble, but in 2013 I think it makes sense. When their class of 2014 were freshmen, they dominated all other district freshmen teams. Going into the 2013 season more than half of the startering squad will be third year varsity starters from this class, as well as a few additional returning starters. Sounds like a pretty good group of athletes to me, but there is just one problem. Their coaches dont seem to know how to appropriately develop talent, and thats why this talented team will be wasted on another losing season. At least they will probably beat humble)

#8: Humble (Humble has gone down hill, as much as it pains me to say that. Sure, they will return some good players in 2013, but this entire program is still in the rebuilding phase, and that includes their coaches and their overall attitude. I see good things for them in the future, but it wont be until 2014)

[/quote]

Everybody is gonna be so Suprised when y'all see our receiver crew this year, I'm not saying it will be at the beginning of the season, but keep y'all eyes open 8)
[/quote]
I definately agree, we will get to see what the rest of the recievers can do early in the season. We definately have depth at the position, I was just saying it will be tough to match what Hogan and Ruffin have done for this team the past 3 years.

[quote name="aschom78" post="1371645" timestamp="1360358108"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=108809.msg1371643#msg1371643 date=1360357677]
[quote author=aschom78 link=topic=108809.msg1371194#msg1371194 date=1360278623]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I definately agree, we will get to see what the rest of the recievers can do early in the season. We definately have depth at the position, I was just saying it will be tough to match what Hogan and Ruffin have done for this team the past 3 years.
[/quote]

Yes you are correct. We will miss that experience at that position, but the wrs this year works harder than the ones we lost.....I expect 4 rounds plus next season!

[quote name="RaiderGirl92" post="1371676" timestamp="1360364948"]
[b]1.Nederland
[b][u]2.LUMBERTON[/u][/b]
3PNG
4.Vidor
5.Ozen
6.LCM
7.Livingston
8.[u]Central[/u]
[/b]
I hope my boys get it going in 2013. Everyone isn't thinking much of them so it's those RAIDERS time :)
[/quote] if THAT happens imma retire from this board.  :o

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1371678" timestamp="1360365116"]
[quote author=RaiderGirl92 link=topic=108809.msg1371676#msg1371676 date=1360364948]
[b]1.Nederland
[b][u]2.LUMBERTON[/u][/b]
3PNG
4.Vidor
5.Ozen
6.LCM
7.Livingston
8.[u]Central[/u]
[/b]
I hope my boys get it going in 2013. Everyone isn't thinking much of them so it's those RAIDERS time :)
[/quote] if THAT happens imma retire from this board.  :o
[/quote]

Hey things last season happened the way I said they would when no one else thought they woudl :)
Just pulling for my boys

1.Nederland
[b]2.LUMBERTON[/b]
3PNG
4.Vidor
5.Ozen
6.LCM
7.Livingston
8.Central

[/quote]

Just wondering, why do you have Central so low?

[quote name="ram0524" post="1371683" timestamp="1360365934"]
[quote author=RaiderGirl92 link=topic=108809.msg1371676#msg1371676 date=1360364948]
1.Nederland
[b]2.LUMBERTON[/b]
3PNG
4.Vidor
5.Ozen
6.LCM
7.Livingston
8.Central

[/quote]

Just wondering, why do you have Central so low?
[/quote]

I should have put 5-8 is a toss up to me.

1.Nederland
[b]2.LUMBERTON[/b]
3PNG
4.Vidor
5.Ozen
6.LCM
7.Livingston
8.Central

[/quote]
Somebody pinch her so she wakes up and Lumberton is back t the bottom looking up at everyone... Lol  ;D

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1372042" timestamp="1360434202"]
1.Nederland
[b]2.LUMBERTON[/b]
3PNG
4.Vidor
5.Ozen
6.LCM
7.Livingston
8.Central

[/quote]
Somebody pinch her so she wakes up and Lumberton is back t the bottom looking up at everyone... Lol  ;D
[/quote] awww that wasn't nice.... just for that Lumber ton is gonna beat the snot out of your team if they play... who's your team anyway?

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1372044" timestamp="1360435066"]
[quote author=Yeoj link=topic=108809.msg1372042#msg1372042 date=1360434202]
1.Nederland
[b]2.LUMBERTON[/b]
3PNG
4.Vidor
5.Ozen
6.LCM
7.Livingston
8.Central

[/quote]
[/quote] awww that wasn't nice.... [b]just for that Lumber ton is gonna beat the snot out of your team if they play... who's your team anyway?[/b]
[/quote] West Brook, I mean Weak Brooke. That would be a close game.  ;)

[quote name="cougar14" post="1371235" timestamp="1360286078"]
[/quote]
[/quote]Never left, just been checking on here the last couple of days to see where the kids are going to school. I'm not going to pick with you now because there will be plenty to say with y'all falling back into mediocrity. I'm expecting the usual 4 or 5 wins for the Pirates next year. Look at it this way Pennies, at least you won't have to get your teeth kicked in by those Humble boys again. We're tyring to win a [b]19-4a title in basketball[/b] right now and potentially be 29-1 the last two years in the district so football is secondary for the time being. Since you football team averages more than you hoop squad I'm sure you wouldn't know anything about that. Good luck with no Quirante, if you district is decent this year y'alls season should be over by October.
[/quote]

Whoaa, y'all still have SummerCreek on Tuesday 8)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1372046" timestamp="1360435544"]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=108809.msg1372044#msg1372044 date=1360435066]
1.Nederland
[b]2.LUMBERTON[/b]
3PNG
4.Vidor
5.Ozen
6.LCM
7.Livingston
8.Central

[/quote]
[/quote] awww that wasn't nice.... [b]just for that Lumber ton is gonna beat the snot out of your team if they play... who's your team anyway?[/b]
[/quote]
Lol, good one scooter! Which one of your many teams will do well next season?  ;D

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1372140" timestamp="1360450641"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=108809.msg1372046#msg1372046 date=1360435544]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=108809.msg1372044#msg1372044 date=1360435066]
1.Nederland
[b]2.LUMBERTON[/b]
3PNG
4.Vidor
5.Ozen
6.LCM
7.Livingston
8.Central

[/quote]
[/quote]
Lol, good one scooter! Which one of your many teams will do well next season?  ;D
[/quote] ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder