Kendrick Hopkins  Nederland
Montana Quirante  Vidor

Defense

Joe Lynch              West Orange-Stark
Korbin Stampley    Nederland
Cory Jenkins          Newton
Montana Quirante    Vidor

[quote name="EagleFan01" post="1366339" timestamp="1359036696"]
No way DJ Dean or Kevin Shorter from Newton are not finalist on Offense. You have to be kidding me.
[/quote]

I do not know to much about those players, but Hopkins Montana and Fisk all did great against much tougher competition. It is not always about stats.

Guest EagleFan01
[quote name="ram0524" post="1366448" timestamp="1359055359"]
[quote author=EagleFan01 link=topic=108526.msg1366339#msg1366339 date=1359036696]
No way DJ Dean or Kevin Shorter from Newton are not finalist on Offense. You have to be kidding me.
[/quote]

I do not know to much about those players, but Hopkins Montana and Fisk all did great against much tougher competition. It is not always about stats.
[/quote]

Didn't say it was about stats they can't help who they have to play but they showed up every friday and played and put up the numbers that deserve them the right to be finalist. If the coachs left Shorter in the game the whole time he would be mowing down records in the state of texas he only get about 12 carries a game and he still rushed for over 2000. He is better than Glen Roberts I will tell you that right now I have seen both play.

[quote name="EagleFan01" post="1366488" timestamp="1359061391"]
[quote author=ram0524 link=topic=108526.msg1366448#msg1366448 date=1359055359]
[quote author=EagleFan01 link=topic=108526.msg1366339#msg1366339 date=1359036696]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Didn't say it was about stats they can't help who they have to play but they showed up every friday and played and put up the numbers that deserve them the right to be finalist. If the coachs left Shorter in the game the whole time he would be mowing down records in the state of texas he only get about 12 carries a game and he still rushed for over 2000. He is better than Glen Roberts I will tell you that right now I have seen both play.
[/quote]
Well obviously someone disagrees with you

[quote name="EagleFan01" post="1366488" timestamp="1359061391"]
[quote author=ram0524 link=topic=108526.msg1366448#msg1366448 date=1359055359]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Didn't say it was about stats they can't help who they have to play but [b]they showed up every friday and played and put up the numbers that deserve them the right to be finalist.[/b] If the coachs left Shorter in the game the whole time he would be mowing down records in the state of texas he only get about 12 carries a game and he still rushed for over 2000. He is better than Glen Roberts I will tell you that right now I have seen both play.
[/quote]

Same argument for the three I mentioned, Hopkins even played most the season hurt.

Biggest question is will Montana Q win either award? He was the Most Valuable overall player this year because he played well both ways, but was he the best in the area on offense? Was he the best in the area on defense? Maybe not either? Maybe both? Tough call.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1366686" timestamp="1359132631"]
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Montana the only 20-4A guy to make it on the all state defense?
[/quote]
Incorrect.
Couron made 2nd team and Stampley made HM. So whats your point. We all know that All-State is so subjective. It is a great honor, but it's also voted on by folks who don't come down here and watch these kids.
I mean Dravanti Johnson was 4A All-State Defensive player of the year his senior year, yet he was second team All-District! The folks who saw him on a regular bases got it right. The folks who knew he was a 4 star UT recruit voted on that fact alone.

My personal oppinion is that Montana was a better defensive player than offensive and had he played only defense he would have put up huge numbers. That said his offensive accomplishments probably outshined his defensive accomplishments this season. Now did they outshine those of Mr. Fisk who I think is the main competition on the offensive side?

My best guess is he will win one of the two awards because the voters will not want his accomplishments to go without award.
If the WRS had an overall area MVP...Then it's hands down Montana Quirante.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1366251" timestamp="1358987207"]
The 7 finalists are:

Offense

Glenn Roberts      East Chambers
Ricky Fisk            Port Arthur Memorial
Kendrick Hopkins  Nederland
Montana Quirante  Vidor

Defense

Joe Lynch              West Orange-Stark
Korbin Stampley    Nederland
Cory Jenkins          Newton
Montana Quirante    Vidor
[/quote]It's good to see Glenn Roberts name on the list. I really enjoyed watching him play. Good Luck to all the kids moving to the next level.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86