beaumont athletes are not equalling team wins

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1363424" timestamp="1358191118"]
You can say the same thing about basketball as far as "coaching goes" when it comes to beaumont schools or at least a majority of them.  Beaumont basketball wins consistently in district with not so good coaching, why can't football be the same?
[/quote]

it's a lot easier to "out-athlete" folks on the court....

[quote name="dayton" post="1363432" timestamp="1358192683"]
[quote author=5gallonbucket link=topic=108211.msg1363424#msg1363424 date=1358191118]
You can say the same thing about basketball as far as "coaching goes" when it comes to beaumont schools or at least a majority of them.  Beaumont basketball wins consistently in district with not so good coaching, why can't football be the same?
[/quote]

[/quote]Yall don't have a basketball team, how would you know? ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1363510" timestamp="1358204253"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=108211.msg1363432#msg1363432 date=1358192683]
[quote author=5gallonbucket link=topic=108211.msg1363424#msg1363424 date=1358191118]
[/quote]

[/quote]Yall don't have a basketball team, how would you know? ;)
[/quote]

;D
I see our kids working hard daily and our coach knows what he's doing.... [b]Talent matters.[/b] Dayton will be stronger next year.... Lots of youth this year.

[quote name="badndn" post="1363591" timestamp="1358260646"]
Yep...It's easier to win when you only have to put 5 guys out on the court and one of them can just out athlete everyone else no matter what the other 4 do. This doesn't fly with 11 kids on a the field going in different directions.
[/quote]I think its easier in football. Doesn't take much to run after a kid and tackle him. Doesn't take much to run with a ball (in your grasp)and try and dodge your opponent ::)

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1363357" timestamp="1358178317"]
Why does beaumont with the athletes they have that go div 1, div 2, juco aren't consistent winners in district races?
[/quote] can you give me a number of D1, D2 and Juco kids that will sign this year from each school? 

[quote name="hitman009" post="1363672" timestamp="1358274296"]
[quote author=5gallonbucket link=topic=108211.msg1363357#msg1363357 date=1358178317]
Why does beaumont with the athletes they have that go div 1, div 2, juco aren't consistent winners in district races?
[/quote] can you give me a number of D1, D2 and Juco kids that will sign this year from each school?
[/quote]

No i can't but im sure someone can.....

[quote name="hitman009" post="1363672" timestamp="1358274296"]
[quote author=5gallonbucket link=topic=108211.msg1363357#msg1363357 date=1358178317]
[/quote]
Man, if you want to know all that info get off your duff and look it up.  Each school?  What, each school in the state of Texas?  I really miss any point that you are trying to make in your request.

His point is that there are not the same athletes running through beaumont right now. In football and basketball there is only 1 kid receiving FBS or Div1
offers (Tony Brown) and some people question if he is deserving or not. I have a friend that is a college coach that I grew up with. I asked him why arent colleges coming through beaumont any more. His words and I quote, "There arent athletes there anymore plain and simple, and the ones that are still there have major attitude problems"
Beaumont isnt what it once was people wake up and live in reality.

[quote name="HIGHpoint96" post="1363692" timestamp="1358276574"]
His point is that there are not the same athletes running through beaumont right now. In football and basketball there is only 1 kid receiving FBS or Div1
offers (Tony Brown) and some people question if he is deserving or not. I have a friend that is a college coach that I grew up with. I asked him why arent colleges coming through beaumont any more. His words and I quote, "There arent athletes there anymore plain and simple, and the ones that are still there have major attitude problems"
Beaumont isnt what it once was people wake up and live in reality.
[/quote]ok, for one, attitude can go both ways. Could be a problem with the kid, could be the coach. I'd say a lot of times in Beaumont as of late, it's been the coaching.
Now, athletes come and go. Every team has drop offs, rebuilding years, but with my jags for example, Robert Mitchell is a prime example. I really think this kids decline of progression was coaching. He showed so much potential as a freshman, and soph. His junior and senior year clearly signified something was wrong. He had no confidence, and the coaches consistently kept him in difficult positions. Hard for a college or professional player to over come let lone a high school kid.
This problem does exist. A good coach can take a not as talented team, instill discipline in the kids and compete at a competitive level. It really depends on the coaches, and the kids buying into the system. And of course it helps to have a few good athletes, beaumont still has plenty.
It starts with coaching, he has total control and dictates the success of the program and a lot of times a kids collegic future.

Thats the problem with people these days they always blame coaching when they have no clue what it takes. Maybe he did do a bad job but it didnt cost the kid a scholarship cause he signed with Lamar. If you have the talent, work ethic, and attitude for college ball, like Mitchell does, they will find you. Galveston Ball went 0-10 and Johhny Evans just started every game for Texas A&M as a freshman, his coaches didn't hold him back despite not winning a game. If a kid doesnt get recruited to play college ball it just means that kid isn't good enough to play college ball, plain and simple. Coaches dont get kids scholarships; talent, hard work, and effort gets kids scholarships. I'm just telling you what a college coach that recruits this area told me point blank, but I'm sure you know more than he does right. You are alot more qualified because you have a setxsports profile and post a comment.

[quote name="HIGHpoint96" post="1364097" timestamp="1358350968"]
Thats the problem with people these days they always blame coaching when they have no clue what it takes. Maybe he did do a bad job but it didnt cost the kid a scholarship cause he signed with Lamar. If you have the talent, work ethic, and attitude for college ball, like Mitchell does, they will find you. Galveston Ball went 0-10 and Johhny Evans just started every game for Texas A&M as a freshman, his coaches didn't hold him back despite not winning a game. If a kid doesnt get recruited to play college ball it just means that kid isn't good enough to play college ball, plain and simple. Coaches dont get kids scholarships; talent, hard work, and effort gets kids scholarships. I'm just telling you what a college coach that recruits this area told me point blank, but I'm sure you know more than he does right. You are alot more qualified because you have a setxsports profile and post a comment.
[/quote]

This may be the best post that I have ever read on this forum!!!  Here's a little positive Karma for you, Highpoint96.  :)

[quote name="Ty Cobb" post="1364100" timestamp="1358351785"]
[quote author=HIGHpoint96 link=topic=108211.msg1364097#msg1364097 date=1358350968]
[/quote]

This may be the best post that I have ever read on this forum!!!  Here's a little positive Karma for you, Highpoint96.  :)
[/quote]Karma dap from me too!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder