Boys 9th Grade Game 5:00 @ Silsbee
Boys JV Game 6:30 @ Silsbee

Tuesday, Jan. 15th---
[b]Girls JV Game 5:00 @ Ford Park
Girls Varsity Game 6:00 @ Ford Park[/b]
Boys Varsity Game 7:30 @ Ford Park
[/quote]

I was afraid of that. :(

I just don't understand the change. It was scheduled one way and then someone gets upset so the schedule gets changed...now even more people are upset. What problem did this solve? If I remember right, the underclass boys' games have been pretty competitive the past few years as well which leads to the rivalry game between the Varsity teams.

It is my understanding that the next time the teams meet all boys teams will be played. I would like for the schools to compare the attendance and the money brought in on the two different nights. I would bet people will not get there as early for the girls' game as lower level boys. Not because it is girls, but because the games won't be as competitive. The girls' games have been blowouts in recent years.

[quote name="snooker" post="1362369" timestamp="1357831385"]
i missed it -- why are they playing at ford park? are they getting the arena for free or something?
[/quote]

Both schools admins and coaches agreed to play at neutral site. Both schools were tired of the chaos that surrounded hosting the games. When you have to close the doors before the freshmen game starts, that's a problem. Some parents of the players were not able to get into the games and that should never be the case.

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="1362421" timestamp="1357846717"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=108084.msg1362268#msg1362268 date=1357772213]
I agree.  There is nothing exciting about a blowout in the Girls Varsity game.
[/quote]

It's going to be very boring.
[/quote] Equal Opportunity. Obviously it's not about the few 10% and their influence  ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1362435" timestamp="1357853102"]
[quote author=Bobcat05 link=topic=108084.msg1362421#msg1362421 date=1357846717]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=108084.msg1362268#msg1362268 date=1357772213]
I agree.  There is nothing exciting about a blowout in the Girls Varsity game.
[/quote]

It's going to be very boring.
[/quote] Equal Opportunity. Obviously it's not about the few 10% and their influence  ;D
[/quote]

How equal is that opportunity in reality.?  If a fan wants to see a boys contest at all three levels as has always been the case, why should it be different now?  If the boys/girls arrangement is the better arrangement, then why shouldnt this "equal opportunity" be mandated by the state for all games at all levels, thereby making the "equal opportunity" the grandest of equal opportunities?  If you believe that only 10% of the Silsbee - HJ fan bases prefer the girls/boys arrangements, you are certainly out of touch with reality by a long stretch.

[quote name="bwbiddle" post="1362468" timestamp="1357864531"]
SILSBEE will destroy H.J. watch and then ever one will know who is the real state rank team for a reason...!!!  ;) Madison - kennedale"- yates - Silsbee ...That's your final 4..
[/quote]
Silsbee and Yates can't be in the final 4. One of them will beat the other team to advance to regionals.

[quote name="Stephen A Smith" post="1362502" timestamp="1357875041"]
Girls oaches complained about not gettin any exposure is the reason for the girls var playing before the boys
[/quote]

Silsbee girls haven't won a district game, highly doubt they want to play before the guys games in a packed gym against HJ girls who are ranked in state and undefeated in district.  ::)

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="1362523" timestamp="1357881764"]
[quote author=Stephen A Smith link=topic=108084.msg1362502#msg1362502 date=1357875041]
Girls oaches complained about not gettin any exposure is the reason for the girls var playing before the boys
[/quote]

Silsbee girls haven't won a district game, highly doubt they want to play before the guys games in a packed gym against HJ girls who are ranked in state and undefeated in district.  ::)
[/quote]

We'll they get there wish but the Girls coach may get a heck of lot more than he bargained for

[quote name="Team Game" post="1362553" timestamp="1357916626"]
So now parents of underclassmen get to pay twice to support the Boy's Program. Talk about getting your money's worth. Oh but it is all about being fair, right?
[/quote] It could be worse. I hope they won't charge you with a fee to come back in if you leave and come back  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder