Check out this dunk from high school player!!

This is why I don't watch basketball anymore, its all about the dunk and nothing about the countless hours of practicing the fundementals of the game. Take Blake Griffin, he can jump and dunk, but did you see his 3 point attempt the other night? Total joke that could cost his team a game by not being able to shoot a free throw. There are no more Larry Bird or Majic Johnsons in this league anymore. Its all about dunking.

[quote name="Richard Cranium" post="1360996" timestamp="1357319358"]
This is why I don't watch basketball anymore, its all about the dunk and nothing about the countless hours of practicing the fundementals of the game. Take Blake Griffin, he can jump and dunk, but did you see his 3 point attempt the other night? Total joke that could cost his team a game by not being able to shoot a free throw. There are no more [color=red][b]Larry Bird[/b][/color] or[b][color=green] Majic Johnsons[/color][/b] in this league anymore. Its all about dunking.
[/quote]

[color=red]Kevin Durant[/color]

[color=green]Lebron James[/color]

This is why I don't watch basketball anymore, its all about the dunk and nothing about the countless hours of practicing the fundementals of the game. Take Blake Griffin, he can jump and dunk, but did you see his 3 point attempt the other night? Total joke that could cost his team a game by not being able to shoot a free throw. There are no more Larry Bird or Majic Johnsons in this league anymore. Its all about dunking.
[/quote] LeBron, Kobe, and Durant can all shoot the 3 and hit free throws and are some of the NBA's best dunkers.  So, imho, that's  lame excuse of why you don't watch the NBA. 

AS WE WERE SAYING, nasty dunk in the video.  Would've been no shame in moving out of the way...

[quote name="Richard Cranium" post="1361027" timestamp="1357330093"]
They are still no Magic or Larry!!
[/quote]

I saw both Larry and Magic play and now have seen Durant and James. Those two remind me the most of Larry and Magic. However, I can tell that this is going to go nowhere.

[/quote]Amen! This is one of the problems you see among our young players. Basic fundamentals are at minimum. Bad footwork, bad hands, etc......

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1361032" timestamp="1357330700"]
[quote author=Richard Cranium link=topic=107889.msg1360996#msg1360996 date=1357319358]
[/quote]Amen! This is one of the problems you see among our young players. Basic fundamentals are at minimum. Bad footwork, bad hands, etc......
[/quote]

Big men are historically bad shooters. They grow up in the paint, not out on the perimeter. There is no higher percentage shot than the dunk. And that 3pt attempt was in the last 2 seconds of the possession and was more desperation than anything else.

I will agree with bluedove3 though. Fundamentals are at a minimum. Hard to watch kids dribble anymore with all the carrying going on.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder