Whats your take on the All District/All State picks

Raider88

Ok everyone I was reading the Beaumont Enterprise and have see articles where Tony Brown is HIGHLY recruited and lited in the top 3 picks on MAX prep. Yet he is 2nd team all district and gets honorable mention All State!! Sounds to me it seems like some of the voters do not have a CLUE as to what this guys talent is. Whats your take on this.

And FYI I am in NO WAY bashing the kid!! I am bashing the voters!!! Seems yall need to get on the same page.

Tony Brown is not a football player he's a camp guy. Put on the pads on he goes from all american drill and combine guy to 2nd team all district. He's all hype i said it at the start of the season and people got mad. Now that they have seen him play most agree. With that said he's a great kid from a great family.  Just not a great football player

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1357118" timestamp="1356014633"]
Tony Brown is not a football player he's a camp guy. Put on the pads on he goes from all american drill and combine guy to 2nd team all district. He's all hype i said it at the start of the season and people got mad. Now that they have seen him play most agree. With that said he's a great kid from a great family.  Just not a great football player
[/quote]
WOW again listening to some of you guys especially "jkbtc" tells me this site is more less for fans and not coaches and guys who actually played the game.... Tony Brown is ranked number in the top 5 in the nation as a DB and according to the 20 something BCS schools who are after him he play with the best of em' and they want him for his coverage skills and speed.. There isnt another player in the area who comes near his abilities in either pass coverage or speed.. He spent most of his season playing the saftey close to the line of scrimmage and teams seemed to always go opposite of him on the field so obviously the coaches who faced him saw something as well..

[quote name="ozens fastest@1906" post="1357435" timestamp="1356061282"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=107635.msg1357118#msg1357118 date=1356014633]
[/quote]
WOW again listening to some of you guys especially "jkbtc" tells me this site is more less for fans and not coaches and guys who actually played the game.... Tony Brown is ranked number in the top 5 in the nation as a DB and according to the 20 something BCS schools who are after him he play with the best of em' and they want him for his coverage skills and speed.. There isnt another player in the area who comes near his abilities in either pass coverage or speed.. He spent most of his season playing the saftey close to the line of scrimmage and teams seemed to always go opposite of him on the field so obviously the coaches who faced him saw something as well..
[/quote]

Man are you serious?  He played close to the line of scrimmage because he cant cover like people think he can when he has on pads. Teams dont throw at Edd Reed or Earl Thomas either but you dont see their teams moving them in the box. And please dont disrespect WOS dbs from this past year. Tony Brown would not have started for WOS in the secondary this year. He would have played rover for us. And fyi I played college ball. And just because guys have a lot of offers dont mean squat. Just like Ben Wells was ranked the #1 corner in the state a few years ago a lower ranked recruit named Earl Thomas went to UT outworked the over-rated beaumont guy and is enjoying BBC life in the NFL Tony brown is a good kid, just notb the football player blinded beaumont fans make him out to be. 

Ps is coaches respected him so much not to run his way and supposedly game plan against him then they would have had enough respect to vote him first team all district.  They know scouts look at that stuff and Tony has a rep to maintain.  So if his coaches in the district did that to him what does that tell you?

You cant go by recruiting services when it comes to seeing if kids are legit. Most of these so called experts never see the kid play and the coaches may come to one game a seasin other then that they see your highlight tape and you at a camp. If you memorize camp drills amd make a 20-35 play highlight tape (which when you play 10-16 games in highschool isn't hard) and you have the measuables of course teams will offer.

jkbtjc53 most of what you say is true but most all district kids or all district because they are in a little league,jr high and high school system for 6-10 years so they look good in area games also remember EARL and TONY has alot of the same talent speed and grades so if Tony picks the right school we've see, and remember it is better to say these kids or GOOD KIDS before they or GOOD ATHLETES,no one plays long.

I think the camp thing is great. College coaches can tell (most of the time) from a kids height, weight, speed and strength how much potential a kid really has. They are there to win at what ever cost necessary. All districts are high school coaches "favorites" alot of times. To me, thats the best way to take the "who you know and who your daddy is" aspect out of the equasion, and get your kid seen. Last year Joe Person from HJ didnt even make all district but got a full ride to Lamar University. Wonder how many full rides were given out to the kids that did make it from that district? Anyway, my point being, If I were Tony Brown or his dad, I would not put too much stock in the "All District" picks, if he gets a scholarship, what does it matter? It hurts, but they get over it.

One has to wonder why a kid with speed like Tony is not used as a receiver.He only had one interception on the year.Leads me to believe that he does not have very good hands.In the Ned. game I never saw him put a good hit on anyone.The only impressive thing I saw from him is when he ran Shaw down from behind.His catch- up speed is probably what accounts for his high forced fumble totals.Hitting from behind jars balls loose.As for as All-District and All-State votes go they mostly go on yardage totals and tackle totals that can be very misleading oh and touchdown totals and hype from camps.They do not worry about missed tackles and turnovers.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder