24-3A Girls All-District Team

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we have seemed to stray WAY off the subject at hand here. . .

And, by the by, six WO-S players are represented on this team of twenty (2 were Hon Mention).

Congrats to all who made it, to those who didn't--get back to work!

Guest bleed orange

Stang4life, let me enlighten you on some real facts. You have to count Honorable Mention All District. That is making all-District also. So here is the real count. WOS-6, OF-5, HJ-3, BC-3, HF-2 and Anahuac-1. So quit complaining about 5 from OF.

Guest bleed orange

WOW, bigred75 you have it all figured out. You must have superpowers. You know what these coaches are thinking, its like you are in the room with them. You must be superman! Too honestly think these coaches dont vote for a kid because they dont like them or their coach, thats way out there. Most teams win because they do have more talented kids. BC and WOS are a good example of that in football, And BC in baseball or softball. BC and WOS dominate the picks in Football and you dont hear us whine about that. I think maybe you smoked a little to much of something when you were young and it is not crack.

Guest bleed orange

Stang4life and BigRed75, I agree the system is flawed. There are some kids that dont make it that should in every sport. But we have no control over that. If you want to talk about that without bringing up kids from a certain school i am good with that. I never got on here and complained about kids from other schools making all-district, you did! Parents are not perfect, kids are not perfect don't expect these coaches to be perfect. People thrive on negative comments. Have you ever notice that when some one starts a positive thread and nobody responds. But you write something negative and everybody jumps on board. I am guilty also. Life is not fair and that is something some of these kids need to learn so it will make them stronger in the game of life and that is what really counts. The strong survive the weak do not.

Stang4life, where does your hatred for Orangefield come from? I have read all your post the last two years and you can tell that you can't stand us. What's the deal? I don't recall anyone disrespecting your Lady Stangs on this site or any other. But anytime you believe that your ladies have been treated unfairly you go off. Get Real!!!

Next, I saw WOS play 5-6 times this year and rarely did I see more than 6 girls even get to play...and your complaining that Orangefield had 5 players that made the 1st and 2nd team. Give me a break!!! Do you really believe that players 5 and 6 from WOS should have been on the 1st or 2nd team. They rode the coat tails of both Brittany's all year and in my opionion are very lucky to have even made hon. mention.

Then there is your hatred for our Coach, Coach Ancelot. Let me tell you this...If Coach Ancelot would have been coaching your team this year, they would have been cutting down the nets in Austin. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!!! And your precious Coach Orebo was coach of the year. Hell I could have coached that team and won as many games as she did. Oh well, these are just my opinions though!!!

I can actually remember when not everyone on the teams made all district.Plain truth 2 best players were named MVP the rest of the first and second teams were pretty close.I saw all these teams play and quite frankly B/C was not in the same class team wise or individually.If they had 3 dominant players they would have been better than 3-7,that is not a knock on the girls just a fact.They do have 1 girl that is a flat out hustler and a very good player the others have potential and if they are not seniors will definitely get better.W/O was about as good a 3A club this year as I have seen, I will take the coach of the year arguement 1 step further Ancelot or Sims would have put that group in the final 4.JMO :

My dearest BOBKAT:

I don't "hate" anyone, but it is my opinion that OF has been over-rated the last two years. I never said that I thought that 5-6 WO-S players should have been on the 1st and 2nd team....but, in comparison to OF, I think that if anyone should have that many it would be WO-S, not OF. :roll:

As for your accusation that the rest of the Lady Mustangs rode the coat tails of B.J. and B.Scott...review our season and you should find that even though they might be the leaders of the Lady Mustangs...every one of our players played a key part at some point in more than one game. Our two posts were forces this year...no one rode anything! :wink:

I spent eight years at OF and I don't hate Orangefield-ians (but I am thankful that I didn't finish there)...I simply state my opinions, just as everyone else does. WO-S is not perfect and I never said that anything about Orebo (positive or negative), but I don't know that Ancelot could have done any better. WO-S not winning in Huntsville was not all Orebo.

I do believe that for a variety of reasons, WO-S does not necessarily get the respect that they deserve. Our kids work just as hard (or harder) as everyone elses! And, I will voice my opinion about it (in your words "go off") because I can. Again, that is just my opinion! :wink: :wink:

Guest bleed orange

Stang4life, have you read any of the other post? WOS had six repersentives on the all dristrict teams. So again quit complaining about the 5 from OF. Apparently we were not overrated, the team that beat us won the state championship. We only lost to them by 1 pt. WOS lost to an unranked team. It should be about cheering both teams on. Both teams represented Orange County well in the playoffs. Also yall really backed those girls at regionals. WOS probbally had maybe 40 people there. I know the boys had a game too that night but come on. But thats ok we had plenty there and we cheered them on. Oh by the way I am glad you did not finish at Orangefield.

ALL teams "work hard" and put a lot into their seasons. WO-S had, probably, the best team this year that they have had since long, long ago--this team was even better than the 4A team that went to the regional tournament. The other teams in the district "worked hard", too. Props to everyone this season.

But as far as getting respect, that must be EARNED. And for this to be achieved, there will have to be some humility displayed, as well as a mutual respect for the opponent. With that being said, let's hope that everyone learned some valuable lessons this season, and good luck to all next season!

Trust me...you are no happier than I am. I am the better person for not finishing at OF! :wink: But, please understand that it is not a dislike of OF as a whole...just certain aspects, as my entire family completed at OF.

And, I am aware that two Lady Mustangs finished on the Honorable Mention list (thanks to your brilliant analysis that they got there by riding coat tails)!!

Here is my point: Okay, props to OF for being defeated by 1 point by the 3A state champs. :ch I am not saying that OF sucks and I have never said that. The Lady Bobcats had a good season, but please don't judge WO-S because we lost to an unranked team. We lost that game to the better team that night, but there were definitely some inconsistencies that night! Not an excuse because we got beat...but, anyone who has followed the Ladies know that that was not their usual style of play. Again, not an excuse because we just got outplayed. Neither Sims or Ancelot would have changed the outcome. :shock:

The Mustangs went undefeated in district. That equates to noone in district beat them. OF had at least three losses in district and yet their entire team makes 1st and 2nd team...just doesn't make sense to me. (By the way, I have never said that WO-S deserved their entire team on the list!) But, again...I understand that it is opinion-based...I just happen to disagree.

As for our fans...it is probably hard to understand how difficult it is to have to decide who to support in a situation like ours and YES, IT IS DIFFICULT! We all know that had the boys NOT been playing that night...we would have had many, many more people. So, you come on. When you find yourself in that type of situation....then judge!!

Guest bleed orange

I have been there and done that. Last year our boys and girls both had playoff games the same night. I also had a child playing in both. I stayed till half time of the girls and drove a hour and a half to get to the boys game. There were big crowds at both game. I know yall situation was a little different because huntsville is a little futher. As far as the 5 girls making all district. How many girls games did you watch? I went to everyone of them. The 5 girls deserve to make it. I am done with that subject because we will never agree on that one.

For the last 3-4 years OF and WOS have had some talent, a little more than some of the other teams in the district. Its not going to stay that way forever. HJ has some young talent coming up and dont count out HF. So lets say the talent starts to shift and all of a sudden HJ has 5 on the first and second team. Are you going to complain about that also.

Guest bleed orange

Also I don't believe i said anything about riding "COAT TAILS". I never judged WOS for losing to an unranked team. Hell to be honest with you they should have won state. They were better than the team that beat them. But you are the one that started it, when you poped off about us being over-rated.

I'll finish it like I started it...I believe that OF has been overrated the last two years. You are the one that mentioned that WO-S lost to an unranked team. As for fans, we had a girls' game that started in Huntsville @ 6:15, a boys' game that began @ 7:00 and a 2.5-3.0 driving distance between the two...we did the best we could (and apparently...our best wasn't good enough!) :wink: :wink:

Guest bleed orange

Well this over-rated team made it just as far as ya'll did in the play-offs the last two years. And "AGAIN" because I have to repeat myself to you, I would not have said anything about losing to a unranked team if you would not have opened your big mouth first. Maybe you should call yourself "Fang4Life". :lol:

Guest bleed orange

Stang4life, We will always disagree on somethings and that is ok. The comment I made about " Fang4life was a little harsh and I am sorry for that. But allways remember if you say something negative about Orangefield I will respond and I know you will too if it is reversed. But now It seems like there is a problem with the 24 3A picks for the boys. Nobody is ever happy. Will this ever end. Parents are the cause of this. And we wonder why our kids are the way they are. Kids reflect parents. Parents put way to much pressure on their kids today . Back in my day parent said nothing and let the coaches and teachers do their job. It is a different time I guess. Its sad! :cry:

Guest BobcatBeliever

That pretty much sums it up, Bleed Orange! The truth of it is, in every organized form of sports, there will always be some sort of politics. From Little League, Little Dribblers through High School. There will always be kids who should have made an all-star team, per say, or all district pick, or cheerleader or whatever you may have that didn't get there and those that are there that we all know should not be. It's all part of the growing and learning experience. Part of what SHOULD make kids better adults. Part of what teaches them to live with lifes ups and downs. The part of life that parents just can't seem to let them experience. I can assure all of you that none of this is nearly as important to those kids as it is the adults. As a matter of fact, as I type this, one of the 1st team All District picks sits here in my living room reading this and she just shakes her head! Not once have I heard her say one negative thing about anybody who made the All District Team. She simply thinks the adults are quite ridiculous with all this hoop lah. And I will finish this comment with the fact that she is NOT an OF kid.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder