Jessica Shores – Orangefield

Dyana Hampton – Anahuac

Cheyenne Craigen – Hamshire Fannett

Paige Roy – Orangefield

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, way to go Bobcats...surprised there was room for anyone else from other teams! :shock: :scratch

Elisha Smith had an awesome year too! Way to go Elisha! Good job B.J., Scott, Janae & Shantell. You represented WO-S well!

Doesn't look much different than last year! Hmmm....

Now see this is the problem I have with these all district picks. You have orangefield with 5 and WOS with four. Are you telling me that all five of orangefields girls are better than the other teams best two. Come on what a load of crap. BC should have at least one more up there. Look at the stats, not just who won district or came in second, and put the whole team up there. This system is so flawed, in every sport, not just basketball. :bss

Guest bleed orange

BigRed75, before you get all huffy and puffy you might want to know that they did not put the honorable mention all-district picks on this post. If you buy an Orange Leader you will see that the Angelle twins were on that list. As for as talent goes in the district yes OF and WOS did have a few more talented players then some of the other teams in the district .Their record proves that.

Your ridiculous, its the same junk that happens during football. The first two teams end up with a majority of the picks. Yeah they might be a better TEAM but we are honoring individual performances. NOT A TEAM, if you want to give the all district team award I will buy that other than that I am wont and never will. Well if we go by your argument then WOS should have more girls on the all district team then Orangefield right?? They won district did they not?? People think just because you make it to the playoffs your whole team is better than anyone else. Thats crazy, so I guess if a team wins state or finishes runner up then there whole team should be the only ones on the all state team huh??? Thats how ludicrous that sounds, that parallels the district choice craziness.

I still say...... :bss

I am not saying that they are not overall a better team. Of course they are they beat us. But not all 5 of one team is better than one or two of many teams not just BC. And yes one of the angelle girls should be on at least second team. I do not need to buy an orange leader I already know who is on it. I am not huffy and puffy, I just know crapolaaaaaaaaa when I smell it, and the whole district selection process is wrong no matter how you slice it. Coaches vote for who they want to vote for. If they dont like ya or your school your screwed and your kids are too. Thats just a fact. I have seen it first hand. So don't go telling me how right things are because they are not. Thats my opinion and I am sticking too it.....Your only arguing for it because OF kids got all five on first or second team. Still ludicrous...............................-

Now this may not come across right and I don't mean anything against any other team....I only see them play maybe once or twice if I am lucky in a season when we play them. But as far as the Bobcats go, those girls should have made all district. They are very talented as individuals. There will always be someone that didn't make the list but should have.

Guest bleed orange

Bigred75, I agree that some some all-distict picks are political. No system is perfect. But can you name someone that should have been on there to replace a girl or girls that is. There is always someone who will be left out. Kinda of like picking allstar teams in little league baseball or Little dribblers. The All district picks are supposed to be based on what a kid did in district play not on the whole year. Every kid that got something deserved it.

I am not going to name a kid that should be kicked off of the team, I am not about that sort of thing. If a kid got it good for the kid, I am just stating a fact in regards to the selection process, and how a whole starting team can make it. Absolute craziness.............And if you agree with the way this thing is done then you must be crazy too. Its a matter of fairness to all the kids, from all schools, not just the ones that are lucky enough to be on a winning team. If you have skills and you are a good perfomer and your stats show it, then you should be recognized for that, whether or not your "team was one of the best 16 teams in the state" what a crock that is. Like I said earlier, using your criteria for district selections, no player from WOS or OF or Timbuktoo for that matter should have a shot at being all state, but I am sure you people from those school will see that differently as well. Whats good for the goose should surely be good for that gander.

Your missing the point, and just making accusations about that happening. I am saying across the board that it is wrong when players or teams or coaches are treated unfairly. When the picking of players becomes personal vendettas (SP) against other teams/player/coaches it is wrong.

example: If I am from BC and I do not like OF for whatever reason, I should be professional enough to look past that and vote with my brain not my feelings. That does not happen in some cases. Also when your whole team is voted in there because you came in second in district that is wrong as well, because other players are overlooked from other schools. When no stats are there to compare the only thing is oh I like so an so as a player, lets put them on first or second team. Or I like the coach so lets put their players up there as well. That kind of crap is wrong, and it happens time and time again. That is just the plain ole truth. Like it or not, that happens.

First of all, all the players' stats are available when the vote is made. Secondly, I believe all of the district's coaches to be professional enough to make the correct call. It's not personal, it's just facts! And the bottom line FACT is that your girls' team went 3-7 in district. I think 3 representatives from that team being on a list that totals 20 players is more than adequate.

And, one final note, there's a reason you don't have a vote in this process--opinions are like some other things we all have . . . some people just show theirs more often!

Well I still aint buying it, and I am SURE there are not any coaches that are not professional enough to vote the right way, righttttttttt??? ALL coaches are professional...................... LOL.........Gimme a break buddy. Gimme some of that crack your smokin.............

Guest BobcatBeliever

BCJVMom,

Sounds like we have another classic case of jealousy. While you are corrent in the fact that the Angelle kids are excellent athletes, they are hardy the heart and soul of that basketball team. The child you are discrediting is a great kid and we ALL know, if we are honest, that she's an awesome athlete. Looking into the stands when she makes mistakes might be one of her weaknesses, but she's always looking for parental approval. Nobody works harder than she does. While you may say that the All District picks are political, and sometimes that is so, you have to remember that this same child was given the Class 3A ALL STATE CATCHER position as a sophomore. That means she was voted in by all the Class 3A softball coaches across the state of Texas. Let's go back and check BC's stats and tell me that she was undeserving of her 1st Team spot. Maybe some of the parents in BC should get to know her on a personal level and stop listening to other big mouth jealous parents who have nothing better to do but slam a great kid, just because their kid isn't as good an athlete as she is.

Bobcatbeliever,

Please accept my apology if I offended you. I will remove the post.

I just called it like I see it.

Yes, I know my child as you wrote is not that great of an athlete and does not play VARSITY but she spends lots of time on her ACADEMICS.

Guest bleed orange

Bigred75, I do get you point, i just dont agree with it in this instance. I do know that the system is not perfect. You are basically saying that WOS and OF should not of had that many repersentatives on the all-district team. If you go by position each player played, then the ones that did make it should have. I am not being bais because I am from Orangefield. I have watched alot of girls basketball in my life. A coach can only noninate their players, they cannot vote for them. So apparently the other coaches thought enough of these girls through watching them play. If you would have brought up the subject without bringing up the OF or WOS girls I would have been fine with that. But I disagree with you because I think the ones that made it should have. And thats ok, you have your opinion and I have mine.

Guest BobcatBeliever

BCJVMom,

I was not in any way referring to your child, nor questioning his/her athletic ability. While athletics are a good thing, they are most certainly over rated and some people have lost all perspective of reality. You are absolutely correct in that Academics are, and should always be, priority. I don't think there are many kids from this area whose athletic careers are taking them beyond High school sports. Although this particular childs only shot at college is through sports. My point was that I think many parents who don't know the pinpointed child have her grossly misunderstood and know nothing about her on a personal level. There is alot of jealousy there relative to her and it's quite unnecessary. She's very very competitive, hates to lose and I think her displayed behavior is sometimes misread by those who don't know her. I also know very well that there are a couple of parents who are extremely jealous of her. I was not referring to you as the big mouth jealous parent, I was saying that I think people should stop listening to the big mouth jealous parent who doesn't mind sitting at ballgames (basketball, softball or volleyball) slamming that little girl. My apologies to you as well.

Well, I happen to agree with the voting on these things...they are obviously opinions because there doesn't seem to be a real system to it.

WO-S was undefeated during district, but we still have less representation than OF. OF lost not only to WO-S, but to HJ. Why isn't HJ better represented? (This looks alot like last year's selections. The only thing missing is Coach of the Year: Ancelot) :roll:

And, just because a team doesn't make the playoffs does not mean that they don't have as many good players as playoff teams, nor does it mean that they should be less recognized for all-district honors. A MORE EVEN/FAIR DISTRIBUTION!! I think that is what most people want. You can't convince me that OF is deserving of all five starters being named. :thumbsdown

Also, this is an all-district honor...so it shouldn't matter who made it in the post-season. Take what was accomplished during the season and base recommendations on that. Just think...next year, this district is going to be TOUGH...I have a feeling that things will be shaken up and we won't be seeing entire teams named. :wink:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami