Newton vs Cameron Yoe in the semi finals

Eagles versus the Yoemen. Should be a game not to miss. Both teams have very good programs and a long history of playoff appearances facing each other. Some of the most exciting wins as well as heartbreaking losses have been a part of this series. Newton beat Cameron Yoe with a 37 yd field goal with just seconds left in 1974 to continue their march to their first state championship. In the early '80's, during Anthony Byerly's senior year, Cameron Yoe advanced when a tie on score went to penetrations which were tied and then to first downs which Cameron advanced on because they had 1 more during the last drive of the game. I think I got that right. Last year Cameron Yoe dominated Newton sending them exiting the playoffs. Can Newton return the favor this year?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="NewtonNation" post="1351890" timestamp="1354998558"]
http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=1151

Looks like a very nice place!
[/quote]

The stadium barely held Navasota on the home side (there were a few seats in the nose bleed section on the very end leftover), surely Newton and Yoe won't bring more than Navasota.  It is a nice stadium and should be a great atmosphere for this game.  Two great programs collide.

The Cameron faithful travel pretty well.  I would estimate we had around 4,000-5,000 Friday night, and that number should increase this week, as you would expect with any program as they move further into the playoffs. 

On top of that, I am expecting a lot of TXHSFB fans in general to be at this one.  This is THE Newton Eagles Vs. THE Cameron Yoemen.  These are 2 of 4 programs in 2A that most people should know about. 

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1352411" timestamp="1355058295"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=107274.msg1352281#msg1352281 date=1355024055]
i'll be in the building for this biggie!
[/quote] 

Mr. Buddy do you need me to bring you a purple shirt or hoodie or jacket or maybe a letterman jacket circa 1970? I only have like 50 different things that are purple!  ;) 8)
[/quote] nope, i'll be in Titan black&red.  8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder