West Orange-Stark vs Navasota Rattlers Game Thread/Navasota wins 38-7!

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1351846" timestamp="1354993162"]
I see WOS fans or delusional "Navasota was the better team tonight" they exposed every flaw in WOS's team last night...That weak schedule of WOS is the only reason they were even as hyped up as they were this year...I've said it once and I'll say it again WOS is known to choke in these situations and last night was a prime example it's no way yall were beating Navasota with that simple offense...WOS offense was terrible too simple not beating a good team being one dimensional like that
[/quote]

If your suggesting we trade our coaching staff for Ozens..i"ll pass. Take ours any day of the week. You can say we played a weak schedule all you want but we could have played Ozen 10 times and beat them every time this year. Ozen must choke at the opening whistle in the opening game.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1352182" timestamp="1355013594"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=107262.msg1351846#msg1351846 date=1354993162]
I see WOS fans or delusional "Navasota was the better team tonight" they exposed every flaw in WOS's team last night...That weak schedule of WOS is the only reason they were even as hyped up as they were this year...I've said it once and I'll say it again WOS is known to choke in these situations and last night was a prime example it's no way yall were beating Navasota with that simple offense...WOS offense was terrible too simple not beating a good team being one dimensional like that
[/quote]

If your suggesting we trade our coaching staff for Ozens..i"ll pass. Take ours any day of the week. You can say we played a weak schedule all you want but we could have played Ozen 10 times and beat them every time this year. Ozen must choke at the opening whistle in the opening game.
[/quote]Offense moved the ball pretty good just gave it away before they could score. The offensive stats werent that far apart just turnovers and most were well earned by Nav.

Hey we got beat by an outstanding team last night. I think the only team that can beat Navasota would be themselves. I don't think we played smart Mustang football like we HAD to. We will reload like we have done time and time again. We will be back. We have a good core group that will be back and should have an outstanding freshman team. See if we can't beat that door down next year.

As far as choking, no we didn't. Just ran into a better team. We are still an elite team and elite program. AS far as our QB, Jimmy Salter was not the problem, he has played outstanding the past three years. AS far as our offensive coordinator, he did what he thought was the best way to win. It just didn't work out. Now for those commenting about number 14 he is an outstanding young man and SMU is going to be getting a great ballplayer. He is not a cheap shot artist.

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1352201" timestamp="1355015075"]
Hey we got beat by an outstanding team last night. I think the only team that can beat Navasota would be themselves. I don't think we played smart Mustang football like we HAD to. We will reload like we have done time and time again. We will be back. We have a good core group that will be back and should have an outstanding freshman team. See if we can't beat that door down next year.

As far as choking, no we didn't. Just ran into a better team. We are still an elite team and elite program. AS far as our QB, Jimmy Salter was not the problem, he has played outstanding the past three years. AS far as our offensive coordinator, he did what he thought was the best way to win. It just didn't work out. Now for those commenting about number 14 he is an outstanding young man and SMU is going to be getting a great ballplayer. He is not a cheap shot artist.
[/quote]Elite teams/programs don't get blewout in the third round of the playoffs especially with the number one defense in the state...i guess you can say that #1 defense was very misleading huh? Cause I definitely didn't see a good defense out there not once last night...and if you don't call last night a choke then what do you call it?

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1352204" timestamp="1355015653"]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=107262.msg1352201#msg1352201 date=1355015075]

[/quote]Elite teams/programs don't get blewout in the third round of the playoffs especially with the number one defense in the state...i guess you can say that #1 defense was very misleading huh? Cause I definitely didn't see a good defense out there not once last night...and if you don't call last night a choke then what do you call it?
[/quote]

Go ask Ozen ,why they won't play WOS Please

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1352201" timestamp="1355015075"]

[/quote]

I was the one talking about #14.  I don't think he is a cheap shot artist, I was just surprised to resorted to that kind of stuff.  I can tell he is a great athlete, but you can't allow yourself to act like that under pressure.  Sometimes people learn the best lessons in defeat.  I sure he will go on to do great things at SMU.  I just wished he wouldn't have acted like that. 

[quote name="cbmurphy11" post="1352231" timestamp="1355018545"]

[/quote]

I was the one talking about #14.  I don't think he is a cheap shot artist, I was just surprised to resorted to that kind of stuff.  I can tell he is a great athlete, but you can't allow yourself to act like that under pressure.  Sometimes people learn the best lessons in defeat.  I sure he will go on to do great things at SMU.  I just wished he wouldn't have acted like that.
[/quote]

WO-S doesn't lose well, their fans or their players.  I mean that respectfully too.  They all are amped up about Mustang football.  It is a way of life over there.  They don't have the best winning percentage in the state by losing and being okay with.  The kid let his emotions get the better of him.  I would venture to say they hadn't been in that position of getting beat like that is his career.  SMU is getting a great athlete.

[quote name="FARVA" post="1352301" timestamp="1355024981"]
You say that about 14 but he has had a cheap shot on someone in every film I have watched. And that dates back to the central, png, silsbee and the three previous playoff games.  Film never lies
[/quote]Little cocky but he will be checked on that next yr with the big boys. They will get him lined out!

[quote name="FARVA" post="1352301" timestamp="1355024981"]
You say that about 14 but he has had a cheap shot on someone in every film I have watched. And that dates back to the central, png, silsbee and the three previous playoff games.  Film never lies
[/quote]

I saw those games and i never saw it myself or heard about it. Never heard central, png, or silsbee say anything either. I have not heard about him in any other game either giving a cheap shot. You would have to show me the tape ur watching because i do not believe u sir. He simply let his emotions control him last night.

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1352204" timestamp="1355015653"]
[glow=red,2,300][/glow]
[/quote]

I call it getting beat by a better team. If memory serves me right i think.lamarque lost to these guys too, you calling lamarque not an elite program..seems to me like they did some damage to ozen in more ways than one last year. You want to run our program down, bet you would love to play on a winner instead of Ozen. Come on admit it your envious. Even if i agreed that we choked (which i don't) the only ones that CAN choke would be teams good enough to get there. So far Ozen isn't even good enough to be ABLE to choke.

[quote name="FARVA" post="1352416" timestamp="1355061480"]
I will move on but I have this to say WOS would not have made it out of the second round if they would have been in the bottom side of the bracket. Coldspring and La Marque were a better team than WOS.
[/quote]

LOL... So now CS fans going to try and get their shots in? CS was a shadow of their former selves, they wouldn't have got past Lorena. LM and WOS would have been a good game.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1352419" timestamp="1355062877"]
[quote author=FARVA link=topic=107262.msg1352416#msg1352416 date=1355061480]
I will move on but I have this to say WOS would not have made it out of the second round if they would have been in the bottom side of the bracket. Coldspring and La Marque were a better team than WOS.
[/quote]

LOL... So now CS fans going to try and get their shots in? CS was a shadow of their former selves, they wouldn't have got past Lorena. LM and WOS would have been a good game.
[/quote]I agree, WO-S vs. LaMarque would be a good game.  I also think that Coldspring vs. LC-M II would be a good one.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1352419" timestamp="1355062877"]
[quote author=FARVA link=topic=107262.msg1352416#msg1352416 date=1355061480]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Sure, that is why they went to LaMarque and beat them on their home turf.  Coldspring was just as good this year as they have been the past two.  They played a much tougher schedule this year, and got beat up some.  Our first string could play with anyone in 3A.  Not to make excuses, because everyone has them and they all stink, but our problem lies in the size of our school.  We can play with anyone, but cannot replace any injuries.  Just don't have the number of kids to do it.  If a starter gets hurt, he has to be replaced with a backup that may be wouldn't even be on the varsity team of Navasota, Carthage, or any of the bigger schools.  In our playoff loss to LaMarque, our best receiver and Defensive back was out with a torn ACL and his replacement had been on JV until the playoffs.  Just not enough kids to fill in at key positions when someone goes down.  Not sure if it would have been enough to beat LaMarque, but would have definitely helped. 
Also, I don't know that we could have beat WOS again this year, would have been a good game to watch, but having LaMarque and Navasota dropped into the bracket is a killer. 
Oh, and by the way.  Since we are all making excuses, no offence to WOS they had a great season and beat everyone they went up against.  But, had the officials who treated WOS so badly according to some of your fans been still calling penalties against WOS after the score went to 38-0 on Friday, the Mustangs would not have scored in that game.  The pass attempt on 3rd down that made Navasota punt and have it blocked the Dback was dragging the receiver the entire way down the field.  If it would have been called it gave Navasota a 1st down and they didn't have the punt blocked. 
Also on a funny note, after the punt was blocked, the referee was in the way and the WOS kid couldn't get to the ball to pick it up and run it in.  He ended up having to fall on the ball instead of scooping it up and scoring.

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1352342" timestamp="1355027771"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=107262.msg1352204#msg1352204 date=1355015653]
[glow=red,2,300][/glow]
[/quote]

I call it getting beat by a better team. If memory serves me right i think.lamarque lost to these guys too, you calling lamarque not an elite program..seems to me like they did some damage to ozen in more ways than one last year. You want to run our program down, bet you would love to play on a winner instead of Ozen. Come on admit it your envious. Even if i agreed that we choked (which i don't) the only ones that CAN choke would be teams good enough to get there. So far Ozen isn't even good enough to be ABLE to choke.
[/quote]Its considered a choke when you have a defense who pitches 9 shutouts in a season and only gives up 42 points all year when playing no one then when faced against a formidable opponent nearly gets shuts out and almost gives up their season total in one game thats a choke in my book buddy

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1352566" timestamp="1355084423"]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=107262.msg1352342#msg1352342 date=1355027771]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=107262.msg1352204#msg1352204 date=1355015653]
[glow=red,2,300][/glow]
[/quote]

[/quote]Its considered a choke when you have a defense who pitches 9 shutouts in a season and only gives up 42 points all year when playing no one then when faced against a formidable opponent nearly gets shuts out and almost gives up their season total in one game thats a choke in my book buddy
[/quote]How can you possibly have any opinion on anything that happens after week 10 in football?  Just asking.

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1352566" timestamp="1355084423"]
[glow=red,2,300][/glow]
[/quote]

[/quote]

When Ozen gets a winning tradition then you will have a book, until then you have a envious opinion. Let me know next time Ozen makes it into the elite 8 two years in a row. I may be dead from old age. Do ya'll really have a 46-65 all time record?

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1352695" timestamp="1355095705"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=107262.msg1352566#msg1352566 date=1355084423]
[glow=red,2,300][/glow]
[/quote]

[/quote]

When Ozen gets a winning tradition then you will have a book, until then you have a envious opinion. Let me know next time Ozen makes it into the elite 8 two years in a row. I may be dead from old age. Do ya'll really have a 46-65 all time record?
[/quote]Its just facts stop bring up Ozen you never see me on here saying how great Ozen is in football unlike WOS fans i'm realistic

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    napeba
    Newest Member
    napeba