Not Enough Seating for the Nederland vs Georgetown Game

godawggo

plenty of room..trust me.
Live next to Berry Center...will be PLENTY of room...trust me...seen it "Sold out" 3 times..Cy-fair vs Cy-falls when Mcguffie was there...Katy vs Cy-Fair and Katy vs Cy-woods. "Seats" are in the reserved areas...you can squeeze a lot of people on the benches, the walkways, the platform in the endzone....

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="pe2009" post="1349263" timestamp="1354663174"]
plenty of room..trust me.
Live next to Berry Center...will be PLENTY of room...trust me...seen it "Sold out" 3 times..Cy-fair vs Cy-falls when Mcguffie was there...Katy vs Cy-Fair and Katy vs Cy-woods. "Seats" are in the reserved areas...you can squeeze a lot of people on the benches, the walkways, the platform in the endzone....
[/quote]

Check out the crowed at Reliant. If they all showed up we could pack it out.

[quote name="freelancer1-1" post="1348979" timestamp="1354644568"]
My understanding is that Rice and Reliant are booked for this weekend which are the only two large venues GT's coach was willing to use. He wants to play on turf from what I hear. Big or small, I am confident that Nederland fans (and surrounding supporters!) will make it a hostile environment! GO DOGS!!!!!
[/quote]

turf, grass, dirt, asphalt, cement, sand...whatever.  It won't matter to the DOGS...This Bulldog team will be playing with so much heart and intensity, imo the field surface and venue will be irrelative. 

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1349025" timestamp="1354647357"]
[quote author=DOGS1988 link=topic=107117.msg1349021#msg1349021 date=1354647214]
Nederland fans will grab every remaining seat there is I'm sure....ha ha ha, the rest will support from outside the gate.  I promise you, [b]Georgetown will have never seen a supporting fan base like ours before.[/b]
[/quote]

Uh, you must remember that Gtown just dropped down from 5A. They have seen large followings before. Nothing new to them.
[/quote]

Pearland has a 5A and a 4A school in it if I'm correct?  They had less than half the crowd as SE TX brought to Reliant.  And I mean SE TX, cause there was more there than just Nederland.  I realize Georgetown played in big bad 5A, but I will say that SE TX bring the business from a crowd standpoint like few in this region.  Maybe MOJO and some of the Dallas area schools travel like this, but just my opinion, few others do.  Maybe I'm wrong, I'm sure Ags will correct me if I am... or smite the bejeezers out of me, either way.  By the way, I'm at -20 ish at 8:00 pm on 12/4/12, for the record.

[quote name="3bsports" post="1349364" timestamp="1354671512"]
Tickets will sell out tomorrow.  ONLY 750 general admission and 150 student.  If you want a ticket, go in the morning.  Once they are gone...that's it.  We can't get more.  There will be 1000 tickets sold at the gate.
[/quote]

Where did you hear that there will be 1000 sold at the gate?

[quote name="ISparkleBlackNGold" post="1349437" timestamp="1354675194"]
[quote author=3bsports link=topic=107117.msg1349364#msg1349364 date=1354671512]
Tickets will sell out tomorrow.  ONLY 750 general admission and 150 student.  If you want a ticket, go in the morning.  Once they are gone...that's it.  We can't get more.  There will be 1000 tickets sold at the gate.
[/quote]

[/quote]

One of the principals at NHS...just going by what I was told...also, told there would be a lot of people standing...I'm sure we all figured that!

[quote name="3bsports" post="1349459" timestamp="1354676321"]
[quote author=ISparkleBlackNGold link=topic=107117.msg1349437#msg1349437 date=1354675194]
[quote author=3bsports link=topic=107117.msg1349364#msg1349364 date=1354671512]
[/quote]

[/quote]

One of the principals at NHS...just going by what I was told...also, told there would be a lot of people standing...I'm sure we all figured that!
[/quote]

Awesome, I'm hoping that I will be able to get tix at the gate then.  And I'm sure there will be some for sale on the Georgetown side too.  A lot standing...they have standing room at the stadium?

To all Nederland fans...

I'm a lifelong WO-S fan who is wholeheartedly behind you guys.  I would love to see you bring home the 4A trophy.  Go win the next one, and keep winning until you get there.   

After watching "the play", I got chill bumps.  When you consider all the elements and pageantry of this game...playing at Reliant Stadium, against the #1 ranked team, being the underdog, getting slighted as not one of the big-city schools, playing a "vanilla" brand of football, losing the momentum late in the game, going to overtime and winning it with a BIG TIME CLUTCH play like THAT...I was cheering hard for you guys and celebrating when you won the dang thing.  Regardless of school affiliation, the Golden Triangle as a whole should be proud of your team and accomplishments.  There is an electricity in setx and among fans that is shared just like the years when people would attend state championship games for PNG, WO-S, TJ, and West Brook.  Our opposing teams will have plenty of future battles against each other, but it's a good feeling when we can have each other's back and root for one another like this. 

That defense of yours (#90 especially is ferocious), the steady play on offense, and Neumann's coaching has been outstanding.  Now go win that 4A title and we'll do our best to bring home the 3A trophy. 

Dare I say it...GO NEDERLAND! 

[quote name="griff" post="1349480" timestamp="1354677750"]
To all Nederland fans...

I'm a lifelong WO-S fan who is wholeheartedly behind you guys.  I would love to see you bring home the 4A trophy.  Go win the next one, and keep winning until you get there.   

After watching "the play", I got chill bumps.  When you consider all the elements and pageantry of this game...playing at Reliant Stadium, against the #1 ranked team, being the underdog, getting slighted as not one of the big-city schools, playing a "vanilla" brand of football, losing the momentum late in the game, going to overtime and winning it with a BIG TIME CLUTCH play like THAT...I was cheering hard for you guys and celebrating when you won the dang thing.  Regardless of school affiliation, the Golden Triangle as a whole should be proud of your team and accomplishments.  There is an electricity in setx and among fans that is shared just like the years when people would attend state championship games for PNG, WO-S, TJ, and West Brook.  Our opposing teams will have plenty of future battles against each other, but it's a good feeling when we can have each other's back and root for one another like this. 

That defense of yours (#90 especially is ferocious), the steady play on offense, and Neumann's coaching has been outstanding.  Now go win that 4A title and we'll do our best to bring home the 3A trophy. 

[/quote]

Class

To all Nederland fans...

[/quote]

+1 sir, go WOS!!

To all Nederland fans...

[/quote]

Love it!  Go Dogs!

This far in the playoffs, we have to play with heart. I believe they will, and i know that front 4 will get through that offensive line in a heart beat. After beating Dawson that gives the players alot of drive and i know pumps them up. I think its going to be close but i think the dogs are gonna pull this one out! Also, alot of class around here from nederlands opponents. I like it.

Also, WO-S fans appreciate the nice things some of you from Nederland and PNG have said on our threads. 

I really hope your team breaks through and wins it all.  Keep making believers out of those non-Golden Triangle metropolitan folks.  The success you've gained this year has been well-earned.

[quote name="Razor" post="1349495" timestamp="1354678795"]
I would love to see the following:

4A State Champs - Nederland
3A State Champs - WOS
2A State Champs - Newton

Best of luck to all of our local teams still competing and making SE Texas proud!
[/quote]

Amen to that!
I'm a Newton alumni, my dad is a Nederland alumni and I've always enjoyed the WOS vs Newton games. Nothing but respect for all three programs. Good luck to all!

[quote name="Razor" post="1349495" timestamp="1354678795"]
I would love to see the following:

4A State Champs - Nederland
3A State Champs - WOS
2A State Champs - Newton

Best of luck to all of our local teams still competing and making SE Texas proud!
[/quote]

Good post Razor.

As a West Orange alumni, growing up with Cornel and a 35 year resident of Nederland.......going to be a great weekend.

[quote name="C O Wilson Bullpups" post="1349604" timestamp="1354716664"]
[quote author=griff link=topic=107117.msg1349589#msg1349589 date=1354713472]
I think Reliant stands to make more revenue from college basketball than HS football.  At least it would seem to be the case.
[/quote]

Not if Nederland plays... Also depends what colleges are playing... Don't see many people going to watch Lamar lose...
[/quote]

I was thinking about multiple game tourneys and games that would insure big crowds like UT, etc.  Reliant would stand to benefit from those, but don't get me wrong.  As a fan, I hope HS teams will get to use it more often.  'Just think they might be more interested in booking college basketball tourneys if the two conflict on the schedule. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin