Georgetown vs. Nederland Predictions

Trolli13

Couple of statements about Georgetown.  They have played 5A ball for about the last 15 years and ask lake travis about the differnce in 5A vs 4A.  So far nobady has really tested this team 14-0 speaks for itself.  Historicaly, GT has been scrappy but undersized and less athletc compared to the Wacos, Pflugervilles, and Stoney Points of the world.  However, since the drop to 4A now they are the big, fast ones.  Their uptempo offence stresses defences and you better have at least 4 DBs that are great athletes in space or you will get exposed! Unload the box they will sit back and make your dbs defend the whole field, bring pressure like Angleton tried and they pick you apart with hots. Qb is very good and these kids are not soft, they will get after you. There oline is very good and the scheme is designed to counter a d-line pass rush.  Guys this is not the fairly straight forward attack you faced against dawson.  I can speak to dawson and gtown i have seen them both in person.  I dont know much abot Nederland last time I saw them was when they played Dayton in like '07 or '08.  That being said their aren't many easy wins in this part of the playoffs.  I feel like the bulldogs will need at least 40 to beat the Eagles.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="GigemDoc" post="1350226" timestamp="1354808839"]
Couple of statements about Georgetown.  They have played 5A ball for about the last 15 years and ask lake travis about the differnce in 5A vs 4A.  So far nobady has really tested this team 14-0 speaks for itself.  Historicaly, GT has been scrappy but undersized and less athletc compared to the Wacos, Pflugervilles, and Stoney Points of the world.  However, since the drop to 4A now they are the big, fast ones.  Their uptempo offence stresses defences and you better have at least 4 DBs that are great athletes in space or you will get exposed! Unload the box they will sit back and make your dbs defend the whole field, bring pressure like Angleton tried and they pick you apart with hots. Qb is very good and these kids are not soft, they will get after you. There oline is very good and the scheme is designed to counter a d-line pass rush.  Guys this is not the fairly straight forward attack you faced against dawson.  I can speak to dawson and gtown i have seen them both in person.  I dont know much abot Nederland last time I saw them was when they played Dayton in like '07 or '08.  That being said their aren't many easy wins in this part of the playoffs.  I feel like the bulldogs will need at least 40 to beat the Eagles.
[/quote]

Yeah, and we were supposed to score that many to beat Dawson. Every team we have faced has always claimed to be something we have not seen. Our defensive reads are spot on. Those hot receivers, designed for pass rushing defenses, can easily be pick 6s if thrown slightly off time.

I actually love how we get no credit for where we are. These guys are on a mission. What is said negatively about them means nothing. It's just talk and an attempt at intimidation. We shall see who is the intimidator.

Ned - 21
GT - 17

[quote name="GigemDoc" post="1350226" timestamp="1354808839"]
[/quote]
I guess we'll see if Nederland can disguise their coverages and when they blitz, these where the same things being said about Friendswood when we beat them( in 01, they had it all including a QB and yet somehow we confused their QB and shut down their offense.

I think Nederland has the best 4A defense in the state. They've shutdown or managed some of the best offenses in the state including ours. They play offense just good enough to put up three scores....20 or so points against good teams. Defense wins championships and this defense is good enough to win the Dawgs a Texas championship.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1350656" timestamp="1354847566"]
I think Nederland has the best 4A defense in the state. They've shutdown or managed some of the best offenses in the state including ours. They play offense just good enough to put up three scores....20 or so points against good teams. Defense wins championships and [b]this defense is good enough to win the Dawgs a Texas championship.[/b]
[/quote]
ABSOLUTELY! GO DOGS!!!!!!!!!

No Way Nederland needs 40 points to win. They will hold on to the ball and keep the game close.  Ned always jumps out to an early lead. I watched Georgetown D and I am not impressed. They gave up 40 points last week and their strength is definitely with the offense.  I do not think the G-town QB will be able to bust the zone keep on Nederland the way he has on the other teams because they are so strong upfront. Nobody respects Nederland but I think the game will be close.Pearland also averaged 40pts a game. I see Georgetown as well coached with a great QB, but he gave up 3 picks last week. Ned may have lost to Angleton early in the year but the game could have gone either way, and they held them to far less yardage than G-Town did. Throw the records out at this point !! Ned has a legitimate chance to win this if they can hold onto the ball and keep it out of G-Towns hands. Ned has the advantage in the kicking game also with a kicker that can easily kick 40yr field goals. I am going with the dogs in a close game by 3 pts. Lets Go DOGS !!!

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1347756" timestamp="1354484048"]
[quote author=ram0524 link=topic=106995.msg1347608#msg1347608 date=1354465191]
[quote author=Georgetown/rowdy link=topic=106995.msg1347259#msg1347259 date=1354412364]
Georgetown will win this one smooth! i live in Georgetown and use to live in Lumberton and have watched Nederland play several times this year. Georgetown just has a better overall balanced team. ok, Nedarland played Pflugerville connally and won 17-10.. Good Game.. ha Georgetown SMASHED Pflugerville Connally 34-0... they doubled nederlands score and held them to 0! i went to that game and Georgetown Just hammered them! i know thats just one game but that just shows that georgetown has a [b]better offense and defense[/b].. dnt get me wrong, Nederland aint bad. i just dnt think they have what it takes to compete with Georgetown!!

GT-42 Nederland-17
[/quote]
Offense probably. but if you watched that game you would know that PC only TD came on a kick off return. So we didnt let up any offensive TD's either. And who else in the state could hold PD to just 19 (including OT).
[/quote]
Should have only been 13 points. The 3 at the end of regulation shouldn't have counted which by default would negate the 3 in OT. And in my opinion, their second touchdown is questionable. There was that bogus hands to the face call on 4th and a mile which gave them an automatic first down. But even if you grant the the second TD, that's 13 points. Holding a team to 13 when they average 40+ is quite an accomplishment. I think GT is going to be in for a rude awakening offensively..
[/quote]

The hand to the face was not bogus.... I won't mention the name of the player but I saw it on the replay. He was double teamed and he got his hand up under the PD players mask and knocked his helmet off....

[quote name="Michael" post="1350893" timestamp="1354893935"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=106995.msg1347756#msg1347756 date=1354484048]
[quote author=ram0524 link=topic=106995.msg1347608#msg1347608 date=1354465191]
[quote author=Georgetown/rowdy link=topic=106995.msg1347259#msg1347259 date=1354412364]
Georgetown will win this one smooth! i live in Georgetown and use to live in Lumberton and have watched Nederland play several times this year. Georgetown just has a better overall balanced team. ok, Nedarland played Pflugerville connally and won 17-10.. Good Game.. ha Georgetown SMASHED Pflugerville Connally 34-0... they doubled nederlands score and held them to 0! i went to that game and Georgetown Just hammered them! i know thats just one game but that just shows that georgetown has a [b]better offense and defense[/b].. dnt get me wrong, Nederland aint bad. i just dnt think they have what it takes to compete with Georgetown!!

GT-42 Nederland-17
[/quote]
Offense probably. but if you watched that game you would know that PC only TD came on a kick off return. So we didnt let up any offensive TD's either. And who else in the state could hold PD to just 19 (including OT).
[/quote]
Should have only been 13 points. The 3 at the end of regulation shouldn't have counted which by default would negate the 3 in OT. And in my opinion, their second touchdown is questionable. There was that bogus hands to the face call on 4th and a mile which gave them an automatic first down. But even if you grant the the second TD, that's 13 points. Holding a team to 13 when they average 40+ is quite an accomplishment. I think GT is going to be in for a rude awakening offensively..
[/quote]

The hand to the face was not bogus.... I won't mention the name of the player but I saw it on the replay. He was double teamed and he got his hand up under the PD players mask and knocked his helmet off....
[/quote]
I saw it also and it's unfortunate but was sort of incidental, but when the helmet came off I think they had to call it, but now it's a side note in a victory.    Next.

Wow!?  I didn't expect such an "easy game".  I don't know what to say at this point. I thought it would be closer than this.  Yes, the game isn't over but.....isn't it ?  Good season to Nederland but......Eagle Fight Never Dies!!!!

Georgetown Defense is #1
Told ya

Welcome to Central Texas Football!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin