Dawson Coach Eric Wells post game comment:

Guest ECBucFan

I guess since Lake Travis has been ending their season and going on to win state he ranked his team higher than what they really were.... and now this little SETexas team comes in to Town and kicks the ever loving SNOT out of them.... yeah i am sure his insecurities went way up.....

Congrats to the BULLDOGS!!!! This ole Pirate is pulling for ya!!!!!

Now get ready for Georgetown/Angleton... I am not sure about Georgetown but From what I seen of Angleton last year they play that intimidation football also... if they can't beat you outright they will try to get in your head..... stay disciplined and you will take care of business...

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="HubTx" post="1346444" timestamp="1354350536"]
Maybe I'm the only one, but I don't really care about being the best team, I care about being the winning team....
[/quote]

Agreed. The team with the better athletes doesn't always win - maybe that's really what he was referring to (???). It's the team with the better game play, best conditioning, and the most heart. Obviously, that was Nederland and that's what truly makes the "better team". I'm sure you can all remember losing to a team where you were thinking afterwards how it happened because on paper, "you were the better team".

[quote name="JB94" post="1346538" timestamp="1354373824"]
[quote author=HubTx link=topic=106966.msg1346444#msg1346444 date=1354350536]
Maybe I'm the only one, but I don't really care about being the best team, I care about being the winning team....
[/quote]

Agreed. The team with the better athletes doesn't always win - maybe that's really what he was referring to (???). It's the team with the better game play, best conditioning, and the most heart. Obviously, that was Nederland and that's what truly makes the "better team". [b]I'm sure you can all remember losing to a team where you were thinking afterwards how it happened because on paper, "you were the better team".[/b][/quote]

But when you are the head coach you can think it all day, you just DON'T say it to a newspaper reporter.

Congrats again Dogs, this Pirate is proud of you. Keep rolling and showing the doubters what you are made of.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1346308" timestamp="1354342696"]
[i]"As long as I've been coaching, this is the toughest one because [size=14pt]I think we're better than this team we played tonight[/size]," Wells said. "[size=14pt]I don't think the better team won.[/size]"[/i]

What a piece of work!
[/quote]

And that is the way he is. I have seen him say and do much wors. face it coach - way overated. After they barely beat FW and Texas City - no way this team was number one and going all the way. Good luck dogs.

[quote name="ATX31" post="1346420" timestamp="1354348039"]
At least number 9 in the state because come sunday there will be only 8 in the state  ;)
[/quote]
Actually there will be 16 teams left in 4A come Sunday (DI and DII). So PD at best is the 17th ranked team!

Maybe someone will point out to Wells that Coaches are "Part of the Team". Great Job Nederland TEAM.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="1346580" timestamp="1354377064"]
[quote author=Mr. Happy link=topic=106966.msg1346321#msg1346321 date=1354343127]
Stay classy, Pearland!
[/quote]

Not possible for Wells.
[/quote]

he will now have several months to contemplate it...

[quote name="Pirate88" post="1346544" timestamp="1354374259"]
[quote author=JB94 link=topic=106966.msg1346538#msg1346538 date=1354373824]
[quote author=HubTx link=topic=106966.msg1346444#msg1346444 date=1354350536]
[/quote]

Agreed. The team with the better athletes doesn't always win - maybe that's really what he was referring to (???). It's the team with the better game play, best conditioning, and the most heart. Obviously, that was Nederland and that's what truly makes the "better team". [b]I'm sure you can all remember losing to a team where you were thinking afterwards how it happened because on paper, "you were the better team".[/b][/quote]

But when you are the head coach you can think it all day, you just DON'T say it to a newspaper reporter.

Congrats again Dogs, this Pirate is proud of you. Keep rolling and showing the doubters what you are made of.
[/quote]

I don't ever remember Coach Wells being blamed for his intelligence and gentlemanly behaviour. ::)

Last fool I heard make that idiotic statement was L7 Matt Leinert of USC after losing to Vince Young and UT in the National Chamionship game...

It is a REALLY stupid thing to say, it's something you can believe but you keep that stuff to yourself for a million reasons. Mostly because of the arrogance and narcissism it breeds in the kids.

Sorry guy, you let your emotions get the best of you and you look like a fool. Learn from it and this loss and use it for good and not evil oh about 8 months from now. :)

[quote name="ThatDude" post="1346605" timestamp="1354379005"]
He didn't lie.. The better team didn't win.. Y'all are fools to think Nederland was the better team, they got lucky.
[/quote]Seems to me the fool would be the team that got beat calling itself Better.......TAKE IT LIKE A MAN!!!!!

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1346619" timestamp="1354379508"]
seems to me like Dawson coaches should have focused more time on fundamentals and discipline and less on the 30 different formations they used last night on offense.
[/quote]

Nope, not their style.  Dawson is mostly smoke and mirrors . . . and a lot of trash talk. 8)

[quote name="ThatDude" post="1346625" timestamp="1354379768"]
Y'all were lucky to play on the same field as Dawson.
[/quote]

Really, playing at Reliant is special. We are 2-1 there. Oh, you mean we shouldn't breathe the same air? Dude, who are you trying to kid? You can tell you are from Dawson.....probably a player.

22-19

[quote name="baddog" post="1346634" timestamp="1354380209"]
[quote author=ThatDude link=topic=106966.msg1346625#msg1346625 date=1354379768]
[/quote]

Really, playing at Reliant is special. We are 2-1 there. Oh, you mean we shouldn't breathe the same air? Dude, who are you trying to kid? You can tell you are from Dawson.....probably a player.

22-19
[/quote]

May be coach Wells...

[quote name="baddog" post="1346634" timestamp="1354380209"]
[/quote]

22-19
[/quote]
Son your team got lucky.. Leave it at that.. Have fun losing next week.. I might bring you some tissues for your tears.

[quote name="ThatDude" post="1346605" timestamp="1354379005"]
He didn't lie.. The better team didn't win.. Y'all are fools to think Nederland was the better team, they got lucky.
[/quote]

Lucky?  I think the lucky team here is dawson.  Undisciplined disrespectful poorly coached team at this level is lucky to have the athletes to make up the difference.  150 yards in penalties.. ..spike the ball on 4th down after a timeout?  Come on man!  The problem tonite at least was obvious and it had nothing to do with luck!  This one is on the coaches tab and he needs to step up and admit it!

[quote name="ThatDude" post="1346643" timestamp="1354380512"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=106966.msg1346634#msg1346634 date=1354380209]
[/quote]

22-19
[/quote]
Son your team got lucky.. Leave it at that.. Have fun losing next week.. I might bring you some tissues for your tears.
[/quote]
Do we need to bring you tissue paper? All you are doing is trying to sink a team down to your level. We won fair and square, now take the loss and move on.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder