Angleton vs Georgetown

ram0524

Its going to be close, but Angelton will win in the end by 2+ scores.

The Wing T is such a hard defense to defend when you play it for the first time.  Its also a rare offense in Texas. 

Angelton defense however is borderline terrible, and its play calling.  The DC for angelton needs to stop bringing blitzes, when his front 4 get enough pressure.  i will say this, if Angelton had played defense the way they did in the second half against Tomball....They would of scored upwards of 90 points and held tomball to 14-20pts.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Bulldogs2011" post="1342051" timestamp="1353821311"]
The defense was exactly the same in the 2nd half as it was the 1st half.  The difference was the kids doing the job that was asked of them.
[/quote]This is true. And our defense is much better than many believe if they just play to the best of thier abilities. For example, early in this season the Cats played what was likely thier toughest, most smashmouth game against an excellent Alief Taylor Lions (5A) Team (and the refs) in pre-district. Angleton had that game wrapped up 7-0, until the 00:19 sec mark when A.T. finally managed a TD and went for the 2pt conversion. An Angleton defender knocked the ball down in the end zone (never touching the reciever, mind you) for the 7-6  win...until the yellow flag flew out, and A.T. got ANOTHER try at the 2pt conversion which was successful. Therefore making the final score 8-7 with A.T. winning. If the Ang defense could have held for the final 2 min of that game, A.T. would have been shut out. Also as I said earlier, we had three defensive starters out against Tomball, but the starting lineup will be back in place next w/e tho so it should be all good.

[quote name="badndn" post="1342064" timestamp="1353822361"]
Wow, playing this one in GTowns back yard. Gupton is about 10-15 miles from Georgetown. Guessing Angleton lost a coin flip.
[/quote]
Yes, It sucks to be us.  ??? That is about a ~3.5 - 4 hr drive each way for Angleton to make. But I will be there, and I'm sure most Angleton fans will be also!!

[quote name="Bulldogs2011" post="1342051" timestamp="1353821311"]
The defense was exactly the same in the 2nd half as it was the 1st half.  The difference was the kids doing the job that was asked of them.
[/quote]

Which means, it wasn't exactly the same....  and no, at least half as many blitzes from saftey's.

[quote name="HUM398" post="1342169" timestamp="1353858710"]
[quote author=Bulldogs2011 link=topic=106711.msg1342051#msg1342051 date=1353821311]
[/quote]

Which means, it wasn't exactly the same....  and no, at least half as many blitzes from saftey's.
[/quote]

You're wrong buddy. The play calling didn't change at all and only 80 yards were given up in the 2nd half.  Plays and Personnel was exactly the same. 

[quote name="Bulldogs2011" post="1342182" timestamp="1353859730"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=106711.msg1342169#msg1342169 date=1353858710]
[quote author=Bulldogs2011 link=topic=106711.msg1342051#msg1342051 date=1353821311]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You're wrong buddy. The play calling didn't change at all and only 80 yards were given up in the 2nd half. Plays and [b]Personnel was exactly the same[/b].[/quote] Until about half way thru the 3rd qtr, when they started playing second and third string players! LOL!! ;D

[quote name="Bulldogs2011" post="1342182" timestamp="1353859730"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=106711.msg1342169#msg1342169 date=1353858710]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You're wrong buddy. The play calling didn't change at all and only 80 yards were given up in the 2nd half.  Plays and Personnel was exactly the same.
[/quote]

No im not.  Defensive adjustments were made.  Blitzes didn't start to "magically work against a team that could obviously find the soft spots in the defense.  They scored as many points as they did because Angelton was over agressive in the first half when they didn't have to be. 

Play calling was pulled back some, and they let the kids run with the cougars.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1342319" timestamp="1353877740"]
Angleton allowed s VERY weak Tomball team score on them w/ consistency in the 1st half. 5A GTown is going to slaughter them. They will be robbed.

Angleton wins because they are the only true 4A team in the game.
[/quote]

This makes absolutely no sense to me. You just contradicted yourself.

[quote name="baddog" post="1342324" timestamp="1353877975"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106711.msg1342319#msg1342319 date=1353877740]
Angleton allowed s VERY weak Tomball team score on them w/ consistency in the 1st half. 5A GTown is going to slaughter them. They will be robbed.

[/quote]

[/quote]LOL!! Maybe he meant ANGLETON LOSES? Like I have said before, 5A don't scare us... doesn't matter how many A's they have!  ::)

[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1342368" timestamp="1353882568"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=106711.msg1342324#msg1342324 date=1353877975]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106711.msg1342319#msg1342319 date=1353877740]

[/quote]

[/quote]LOL!! like I have said before, 5A don't scare us... doesn't matter how many A's they have!  ::)
[/quote]
He doesn't get that tough physical teams like Angleton and Nederland are not afraid of going up against some bigger schools. They would love to play them. When your team knows how to win when it comes down to crunch time they get it done. Angleton gladly accepts GT.

DumbDawgs, nobody understands this whining about GT, we've repeated several times... You are more a 5A team per the last redistricting, you are embarrassing yourself.  Yes, they may have players big enough to hang with 5a schools... but all you are crying is they're too good for us... and that would be true, but.it has nothing to do with enrollment.  Again you are embarrassing yourself

Guest papaparker1
This game is Saturday Dec 1 at 2:00pm at Gupton Stadium in Leander.  That is 10 miles from Georgetown.  Welcome to a HOME TOWN CROWD !  Georgetown has played in this stadium MANY times.  Enjoy the LOOOOONG ride and drive from Angleton.

[quote name="papaparker1" post="1342395" timestamp="1353886615"]
This game is Saturday Dec 1 at 2:00pm at Gupton Stadium in Leander.  That is 10 miles from Georgetown.  Welcome to a HOME TOWN CROWD !  Georgetown has played in this stadium MANY times.  Enjoy the LOOOOONG ride and drive from Angleton.
[/quote]Last season, when [color=red]we were playing in the quarterfinal game [/color] against Pearland Dawson, we played on thier home field (literally). Angleton fans filled the entire visitors stands, extra stands they had put at one end zone AND about 2/3 of the HOME side. The Dawson fans barely filled up one section of thier side. Moral: Don't be surprised if all of Angleton shows up at gupton next w/e! Hope y'all have plenty of room!!

[quote name="Bulldogs2011" post="1342285" timestamp="1353873303"]
No it wasn't.  Trust me...I'm on the sideline and in the lockeroom.  Not some know it all from the stands.
[/quote]

Oh so you are the team photographer? 

I played, i coached, and i have scouted.  I think i can tell when theirs an adjustment made.  The idea that the exact same thing was done and then it magically started working is A. Rejecting reasonable plausibility for unreasonable improbability  B. Not indicated by the results.

Defensive play and play calling was not very good in the first half.  Second half adjustments were made, and play improved...equals a better result.    If you are saying that the coaching staff didn't make ANY adjustments in the second half, i have some bad news for you....Angelton will lose big against GT. 

[quote name="HUM398" post="1342418" timestamp="1353889158"]
[quote author=Bulldogs2011 link=topic=106711.msg1342285#msg1342285 date=1353873303]
No it wasn't.  Trust me...I'm on the sideline and in the lockeroom.  Not some know it all from the stands.
[/quote]

Oh so you are the team photographer? 

I played, i coached, and i have scouted.  I think i can tell when theirs an adjustment made.  The idea that the exact same thing was done and then it magically started working is A. Rejecting reasonable plausibility for unreasonable improbability  B. Not indicated by the results.

Defensive play and play calling was not very good in the first half.  Second half adjustments were made, and play improved...equals a better result.    If you are saying that the coaching staff didn't make ANY adjustments in the second half, i have some bad news for you....Angelton will lose big against GT.
[/quote]

Congrats on being all of the above!  That just means you're old and rusty.  FYI...they don't let photographers in the lockeroom.  No adjustments were made during half time because it wasn't the scheme, it was execution.  The only thing done at half time was a little "heart to heart" with the defense.  But you knew that since you know everything else. Right, Mr. Football?

I think Angleton is the favorite going into this game due to their history as well as the lack of press Georgetown has been getting throughout the season. Its a bold prediction I know, but I have GTown winning this one by two scores. It will be quite a challenge for angleton to crack 30+ on GTown's D, but if anyone can do it its angleton. I was at college station yesterday to watch Georgetown dismantle SC's explosive offense, it was tough to watch as an alum.

[quote name="aschom78" post="1342467" timestamp="1353892753"]
I think Angleton is the favorite going into this game due to their history as well as the lack of press Georgetown has been getting throughout the season. Its a bold prediction I know, but I have GTown winning this one by two scores. It will be quite a challenge for angleton to crack 30+ on GTown's D, but if anyone can do it its angleton. I was at college station yesterday to watch Georgetown dismantle SC's explosive offense, it was tough to watch as an alum.
[/quote]
But Angleton and SC are two totally different offenses.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder