Wo-s vs Lorena

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1343074" timestamp="1353980189"]
I thought their offensive line was their Achilles heel????
[/quote]

Not from what I saw against Jasper. Baker had all day to make his progressions and find the open receiver. 3 of the TD passes were to the 2nd or 3rd receiver, not primary target.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="skipper" post="1342980" timestamp="1353971252"]
is that the year thay won state
[/quote]  I believe they did go on to win state that year. I saw that game , as well as most other WOS games since the mid 80's. Wimberly had a great game plan , and executed it. WOS had a very large talent edge. But that talent will only get you so far.  Our OC during those tears did not utilize the talent that WOS had, just look at some other loses during those years, Giddings and Gilmer come to mind.
IMO WOS should have a few more Championship Troph's in the case.   

I don't think coach T will take Lorena lightly,  We have the talent, we just have to execute. We did not execute to our potential last week, could have been a shutout. Offense plan was good, "eat the clock" . 

I have'nt even looked at Navasota , that will start Late Friday night.

Good luck, WO-S.

The stadium at Waller is nice, but they will not open the ticket booth until 6:00 PM, even for a 7:00 PM game time.  So good luck to the fans to try to beat the Houston traffic but yet not be at the stadium too early.  The concession stands are large and quick, but they ran out of a lot of stuff by half-time at the EC game there last week.  I think they just underestimated the crowds that a "little 2A school" would bring.  And they do not allow fans on the field after the game, so it is very difficult to find a place for friends & family to visit with their player after the game.

Will take a good 2 1/2 hours. Traffic going out 290 will be a bear at that time.  I have a daughter that lives in cypress and have made that trip many times. Sometimes I take 610 North when I get into Houston, may be better at that time. If you stay I10 and if you have more than one person in the car you can take the 290 HOV , which will get you past alot of the traffic.  You can catch that just before you get to the wset side 610 North exit. 

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1343019" timestamp="1353976111"]
Navasota's O-Line is what sets them apart of all the other teams.
[/quote]

Navasota's O-Line is Huge, but slow... and will get worked by La marque's D-line just as coldspring oakhurst did.. Its one thing to Blitz the QB to try to get pressure, but when your D line is do dominant you can keep your LB's back in coverage and let your 4 down lineman rush... it only takes an off balanced throw or mistiming for our Defense to make a play. I love how once again, everyone has counted la marque out of the picture without giving them fair chance. From what i've seen on film, Navasota has about 4 REAL threats. 2 RB's that are big and shifty in open space, 1 WR that is long and can jump for the ball in air, and 1 safety that plays both ways on offensive and defense (which is an interception waiting to happen).... We've done the homework and are well aware of what we need to do to win this game. I just hope if la marque should win or even if la marque should lose in a close one, that you not only respect our past tradition but respect the fact that we can compete with anyone. We've been doing it 2 years straight with 3A numbers in a 4a district. These 44 - 14 score predictions are ridiculous.

[quote name="cougar2011" post="1343211" timestamp="1353989538"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=106680.msg1343019#msg1343019 date=1353976111]
[/quote]

Navasota's O-Line is Huge, but slow... and will get worked by La marque's D-line just as coldspring oakhurst did.. Its one thing to Blitz the QB to try to get pressure, but when your D line is do dominant you can keep your LB's back in coverage and let your 4 down lineman rush... it only takes an off balanced throw or mistiming for our Defense to make a play. I love how once again, everyone has counted la marque out of the picture without giving them fair chance. From what i've seen on film, Navasota has about 4 REAL threats. 2 RB's that are big and shifty in open space, 1 WR that is long and can jump for the ball in air, and 1 safety that plays both ways on offensive and defense (which is an interception waiting to happen).... We've done the homework and are well aware of what we need to do to win this game. I just hope if la marque should win or even if la marque should lose in a close one, that you not only respect our past tradition but respect the fact that we can compete with anyone. We've been doing it 2 years straight with 3A numbers in a 4a district. These 44 - 14 score predictions are ridiculous.
[/quote]I for one have always respected LaMarque's history and the talented well coached teams they have had thru the years. WOS was in a very similar situation in 4A, we were one of the smallest 4A schools in the state and still making deep playoff runs. There are many very good programs in this region it will always be a tough road to make it out . I don't count Lamarque out on Friday, good luck to the coog's and hopefully we can take care of business this week and see you next weekend.

[quote name="MMstangfan" post="1343109" timestamp="1353982272"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=106680.msg1342980#msg1342980 date=1353971252]
[/quote]  I believe they did go on to win state that year. I saw that game , as well as most other WOS games since the mid 80's. Wimberly had a great game plan , and executed it. [b]WOS had a very large talent edge.[/b] But that talent will only get you so far.  Our OC during those tears did not utilize the talent that WOS had, just look at some other loses during those years, Giddings and Gilmer come to mind.

I don't think coach T will take Lorena lightly,  We have the talent, we just have to execute. We did not execute to our potential last week, could have been a shutout. Offense plan was good, "eat the clock" . 

[/quote]

Wimberly did win state that year and they made a track meet out of our defense.  I don't think we had a large talent advantage because their RBs ran up and down on us.  I thought we could control the run but they ran on us.  The only reason for them winning the game is that they were better.  Our OC can only get us so far but as someone else said, they are the only team to put up 50+ on WOS. 

Giddings game....I agree.  The Gilmer game...well.....well.......

So that's what Wo-s lives from is their history. It's so funny seeing y'all compare 05's Wo-s team to my Navasota team now. Please get out of the past time has change people. Lets just focus on the present we all have great teams now. We will settle it all on the field and by the way I love the motto that Wo-s have. Just let y'all's  "Silver helmet do the talking".

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="1343243" timestamp="1353994393"]
[quote author=MMstangfan link=topic=106680.msg1343109#msg1343109 date=1353982272]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=106680.msg1342980#msg1342980 date=1353971252]
[/quote]  I believe they did go on to win state that year. I saw that game , as well as most other WOS games since the mid 80's. Wimberly had a great game plan , and executed it. [b]WOS had a very large talent edge.[/b] But that talent will only get you so far.  Our OC during those tears did not utilize the talent that WOS had, just look at some other loses during those years, Giddings and Gilmer come to mind.

[/quote]

Wimberly did win state that year and they made a track meet out of our defense.  I don't think we had a large talent advantage because their RBs ran up and down on us.  I thought we could control the run but they ran on us.  The only reason for them winning the game is that they were better.  Our OC can only get us so far but as someone else said, they are the only team to put up 50+ on WOS. 

Giddings game....I agree.  The Gilmer game...well.....well.......

[/quote]

Yes WOS had a huge talent advantage iver Whimberely that year. And Navasoto 's team this year doesn't have near the firepower that team had.

Deon Bealsey at QB - University of Texas Starting cornerback, now in the cfl
Earl Thomas at wideout and cornerback. University of Texas starting safety 1st round draft pick and pro bowler.
Jacoby Franks at wideout Texas Tech starting wideout two years.
Ladarious White at wideout UofH signee.

That's just the superstar names from that team they had 7 other guys who were either sophomores or juniors on that team that play college ball.

Navasota doesn't have one ki that can touch those 4 kids I named

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1343250" timestamp="1353996260"]
Yes WOS had a huge talent advantage iver Whimberely that year. And Navasoto 's team this year doesn't have near the firepower that team had.

Deon Bealsey at QB - University of Texas Starting cornerback, now in the cfl
Earl Thomas at wideout and cornerback. University of Texas starting safety 1st round draft pick and pro bowler.
Jacoby Franks at wideout Texas Tech starting wideout two years.
Ladarious White at wideout UofH signee.

That's just the superstar names from that team they had 7 other guys who were either sophomores or juniors on that team that play college ball.

Navasota doesn't have one ki that can touch those 4 kids I named
[/quote]

Wimberley was better than WO-S...hands down.  Naming players who got college scholarships from WO-S doesn't change the fact.  Wimberley was equally as good of a running team as they were a passing team.  We decided to put more defensive emphasis on stopping their passing game, and in response they did the smart thing.  They used their offensive line and tailback to bulldoze us.  That was an impressive OL.  We could not stop them.  At least two of their O-lineman signed scholarships, one to UT. 

The Giddings game in '06 was one we should have won.  It's one of those occassional moments where the better team lost.  Play selection had MUCH to do with losing that one. 

In the Gilmer game, I thought that was the best game our former OC called in all of his time at WO-S.  Play selection included a time-consuming drive to start the game, and aggressive calls the rest of the way.  The strategy was right for that one.  We had two dropped TD passes, and one slightly overthrown one.  Three potential TDs.  We had zero room for error in order to win that one.  Gilmer was better than us. 

I'm looking forward to a solid performance by our boys this Friday.  I know they're focussed.  Let's go beat the spots off those leopards. 

[quote name="cougar2011" post="1343211" timestamp="1353989538"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=106680.msg1343019#msg1343019 date=1353976111]
[/quote]

Navasota's O-Line is Huge, but slow... and will get worked by La marque's D-line just as coldspring oakhurst did.. Its one thing to Blitz the QB to try to get pressure, but when your D line is do dominant you can keep your LB's back in coverage and let your 4 down lineman rush... it only takes an off balanced throw or mistiming for our Defense to make a play. 
[color=red]ilove how once again, everyone has counted la marque out of the picture without giving them fair chance.[/color] From what i've seen on film, Navasota has about 4 REAL threats. 2 RB's that are big and shifty in open space, 1 WR that is long and can jump for the ball in air, and 1 safety that plays both ways on offensive and defense (which is an interception waiting to happen).... We've done the homework and are well aware of what we need to do to win this game. I just hope if la marque should win or even if la marque should lose in a close one, that you not only respect our past tradition but respect the fact that we can compete with anyone. We've been doing it 2 years straight with 3A numbers in a 4a district. These 44 - 14 score predictions are ridiculous.
[/quote]

Not counting La Marque out of this at all and whoever does doesn't know much about your program.If we get to round 4 it want be easy regardless of who makes it.Kind of like pick your poison.

[quote name="skipper" post="1342300" timestamp="1353874931"]
imo i belive this is going to be very close the mustangs got all banged up  in there game agnest wc.salter  looks like he has a bad foot are ankle #14 ribs  the rb bad leg and a few more  #41 looked he took a big hit  and went down but came back in like the others did. is there a ruleing saying you cant bring up a JV kid i dont keep up with thr rules.the reason i am asking wo-s has two outstanding rb on the jv  one has over a 1,ooo yards rushing with power and speed maybe some of you might know him saw him only play two games
[/quote]

Not sure where you got your info, but #14's ribs are fine as well as #41. 

[quote name="GUNHO" post="1343308" timestamp="1354026353"]
[quote author=cougar2011 link=topic=106680.msg1343211#msg1343211 date=1353989538]
[/quote]

Navasota's O-Line is Huge, but slow... and will get worked by La marque's D-line just as coldspring oakhurst did.. Its one thing to Blitz the QB to try to get pressure, but when your D line is do dominant you can keep your LB's back in coverage and let your 4 down lineman rush... it only takes an off balanced throw or mistiming for our Defense to make a play. 
[color=red]ilove how once again, everyone has counted la marque out of the picture without giving them fair chance.[/color] From what i've seen on film, Navasota has about 4 REAL threats. 2 RB's that are big and shifty in open space, 1 WR that is long and can jump for the ball in air, and 1 safety that plays both ways on offensive and defense (which is an interception waiting to happen).... We've done the homework and are well aware of what we need to do to win this game. I just hope if la marque should win or even if la marque should lose in a close one, that you not only respect our past tradition but respect the fact that we can compete with anyone. We've been doing it 2 years straight with 3A numbers in a 4a district. These 44 - 14 score predictions are ridiculous.
[/quote]

Not counting La Marque out of this at all and whoever does doesn't know much about your program.If we get to round 4 it want be easy regardless of who makes it.Kind of like pick your poison.
[/quote]

I gotta be honest... as a fan, i wasnt expecting to be in a 3 way race for the state title. I was almost sure that we would dominate our way to the playoffs . This years race has a lot of excitement to it, and i cant say im disappointed. Just surprised.

[quote name="cougar2011" post="1343333" timestamp="1354029927"]
[quote author=GUNHO link=topic=106680.msg1343308#msg1343308 date=1354026353]
[quote author=cougar2011 link=topic=106680.msg1343211#msg1343211 date=1353989538]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I gotta be honest... as a fan, i wasnt expecting to be in a 3 way race for the state title. I was almost sure that we would dominate our way to the playoffs . This years race has a lot of excitement to it, and i cant say im disappointed. Just surprised.
[/quote]

I know the felling.When we dropped to 3A I could see wo-s being crowned state champs...still trying to get there.They got some pretty good teams down here in little old 3A.

Just listened to the game. Mustangs roll in this one.

I was on Twitter lastnight and I loved what I saw. Navasota players tweeting aboht the stangs. A mustang responded we dont care about Navasota they are playing LaMarque we are playing Lorena we'll cross that bridge when we get there

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1343808" timestamp="1354105330"]
Just listened to the game. Mustangs roll in this one.

I was on Twitter lastnight and I loved what I saw. Navasota players tweeting aboht the stangs. A mustang responded we dont care about Navasota they are playing LaMarque we are playing Lorena we'll cross that bridge when we get there
[/quote]

Good! That's exactly the way our players should be handling the chatter.  Coach T drills the "one team at a time" mindset into the team.  It's especially important this time of year.  Championship teams are built this way.  Let the Navasota guys get carried away with that. 

Thanks for posting this. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder