Wo-s vs Lorena

Mustangs will be alright.  If this was our hiccup for the season, glad it was now and not later.  Defense did seem off last night, but they will be ready for Lorena.  These kids have done so well in focusing on one game at a time.  They are not worried about the 4th round.  We put a lot of effort into insuring that they stay focused on the here and now--on and off of the field.  Mustangs by at least 1 vs. Lorena.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first hings first got to say this to the kids over in WC and to there fans YOU played one heck of a game and i wish you all the luck to your SR  your hard work paid off you this year  and i feel sure for alot of you that football is not over becouse you will be going to collage and you will  do well i feel sure. #2 i would like to thank the support from PN-G ,VIDOR ,OCC ,BC  who was at the game it was good to see you whereing your teams colors  and jackets i for one like to thank you for your support. ok now back to football our mustangs look flat all night and it show in all 4qt  and watching coach thompson on the sidelines he and his coaching staff were not happy camperswe just did NOT PLAY 112% mustange football and that was very sad to see at this point in time. the one thing that stuck out the most was the secondary and now i am worried about them WOW it was not there most of the night . in closeing THANK you for the win agnest a very good WC football team that had a very good game plan and i feel you will come out  next week agnest lorena and show them 112% mustange football.PS the kid for wc was one of the biggest kids i have ever seen on a football team he was a hand full all night------------------sorry for the spelling

Who or what are we waiting for to bring out the "good stuff" and, once the "good stuff" is displayed how sure are we that it will be executed in a high pressure playoff game against a team they're unfamiliar with? It would stand to reason the "good stuff" should've been worked on the past few weeks....  Jmo

[quote name="venom33" post="1340695" timestamp="1353782014"]
Who or what are we waiting for to bring out the "good stuff" and, once the "good stuff" is displayed how sure are we that it will be executed in a high pressure playoff game against a team they're unfamiliar with? It would stand to reason the "good stuff" should've been worked on the past few weeks....  Jmo
[/quote]

Its all hog wash.... There may be one or two plays that havent been used by WOS, but thats not going to be enough to beat La marque or Navasota... Reguardless you will have to be more efficient this week and from here forth to have the honors of making your way to Dallas. Between these 3 teams i can see it going either way.

[quote name="cougar2011" post="1340708" timestamp="1353782676"]
[quote author=venom33 link=topic=106680.msg1340695#msg1340695 date=1353782014]
[/quote]

Its all hog wash.... There may be one or two plays that havent been used by WOS, but thats not going to be enough to beat La marque or Navasota... Reguardless you will have to be more efficient this week and from here forth to have the honors of making your way to Dallas. Between these 3 teams i can see it going either way.
[/quote]

At this point it has very little to do with PLAYS, but a lot to do with PLAY CALLING. Last night, the offense was able to get almost 5 yards per carry up the middle late in the game. You had some players for WC that were playing both ways. You were clearly wearing them down. Then you pass, the ball was intercepted and they get a field goal. Had they continued to run the ball and pick up chunks of yards, it would have been another shut out. Play calling is key down the stretch.

[quote name="skipper" post="1340772" timestamp="1353786773"]
why waller texas cant thay find someplace else to play
[/quote]

Because it a fair neutral site between Lorena and Orange and because they have a nice stadium with a turf field.  Check out the photos:

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=1289

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder