3A D-I Region 3 championship: Carthage (10-2) vs. Silsbee (10-2), 7:30pm Friday,

Who will win?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Silsbee
    • Carthage

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carthage, IMO, gave Silsbee 2 TD.  I didn't like the fact that they were pooch kicking it and not covering the kick correctly.  No. 6 showed a lot of speed.  Officiating, from Waco, was h o r r i b l e, and Carthage still won.  Tough to beat a decent football team and officials too.  Looked to several of us that this game was way to big for that group.  Anyway, i was pretty impressed by the qb.  Good arm and legs.  When I was leaving he was down on the ground on the Carthage side of the field.  I hope he wasn't too hurt.  I didn't like some of the cockiness I saw, but in today's football, I guess that's expected.  Carthage played okay.  We've got to stop turning the ball over.  4 turnovers is 4 too many.  Even though 1 of them was for sure a botched call at the 1 yard like when Carthage's forward progress had stopped, knee was down and back was stripped and the LJ immediately gave the ball to Silsbee.  Didn't matter though, Carthage did't allow them to score.  I was really impressed with how Silsbees coach said that "Carthage won't run against us."  I guess he wished he didn't say those words now.  Congrats to Silsbee on a good season.  Your kids having nothing to hang their heads about.  Any team at this level earned the right to be there, and unfortunately someone has to lose.  Good luck in the rest of your year in other sports.  I'm sure we may see ya'll again next year in the playoffs.  Carthage is just juniors right now.  Now on to El Campo.  GO DAWGS!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder