3A D-I Region 3 championship: Carthage (10-2) vs. Silsbee (10-2), 7:30pm Friday,

Who will win?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Silsbee
    • Carthage

[quote name="Bev" post="1344602" timestamp="1354219429"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=106679.msg1344571#msg1344571 date=1354217239]
special teams will be the difference *hint*  ;)
[/quote]

Are you referring to the fact that the Carthage kicker (who has kicked 40 yard FG) has a stronger leg than the Silsbee kicker (whose 35 yard FG last week hit the crossbar)?
[/quote]if i was making a reference i would have posted it.  ;) ::)

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1344632" timestamp="1354221309"]
watch the Punt Returns as far as Silsbee goes, gut feeling they take a couple to the house.
[/quote]
Defense has to force a punt for that to happen. And when Carthage has to punt I'm sure they have a plan to stop that from happen. We all have heard that silsbee is dangerous on kickoff/punt return.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1344685" timestamp="1354226425"]
[b]Carthage people are cocky[/b]! I guess those 3 state championships will make you that way! Let's go send them back to off season Tigers! Let's play our best game of the season Tigers!
Silsbee wins this 39-34! wasn't Carthage favored the last time these teams played?
[/quote]

They are very cocky, but most East TX fans are.
They think there is not any team outside of East TX with speed.
On Smoaky, one fan said they were better than West Orange Stark and he did not know they were still in playoffs.

Silsbee will beat Carthage by at least 10.

Prediction:

If both teams play well: Carthage 48
                                        Silsbee  31

If Carthage plays good & Silsbee has a poor game

Carthage 54
                                      Silsbee    24

If Silsbee plays good & Carthage has a poor game

Carthage 34
                                      Silsbee 32

I'm sure it will be a good one and I hope everyone travels safe to Lufkin. Good luck to both teams.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="jeffcoat" post="1344718" timestamp="1354228913"]
Prediction:

If both teams play well: Carthage 48
                                        Silsbee  31

If Carthage plays good & Silsbee has a poor game

Carthage 54
                                      Silsbee    24

If Silsbee plays good & Carthage has a poor game

Carthage 34
                                      Silsbee 32

I'm sure it will be a good one and I hope everyone travels safe to Lufkin. Good luck to both teams.
[/quote]

::) ::)

You have no clue of how good Silsbee really is

I saw someone ask about the Carhage team, I gave information.  Immediately Silsbee fans started talking trash that most of them don't know!  I expect fans to support their team.  I really do.  I can tell you that I'm, as a fan, not looking past Silsbee, and you better believe that the coaches in Carthage have the team focused upon this all star no mistake team they are about to play.  Reminds me of Brownwood when Carthage played, and we know what happened then.  Different Carthage team though.  Looking forward to the game.  Hoping Carthage wins, even it is just by 1.  Good luck to all fans travelling.  I pray you all have have a safe trip to the game and back.......

[quote name="rawrpower" post="1344631" timestamp="1354221201"]
That Silsbee kicker also had back spasms while kicking that 35 yard field goal.
[/quote]

Very impressive!

There has been a lot written about Silsbee's return game.  How many TDs have they scored on kick returns this season?  Other info available (e.g., # of KO & punt returns & associated yardage for each)?  Is Hamilton doing all of the damage?

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1344685" timestamp="1354226425"]
Carthage people are cocky! I guess those 3 state championships will make you that way! Let's go send them back to off season Tigers! Let's play our best game of the season Tigers!
Silsbee wins this 39-34! wasn't Carthage favored the last time these teams played?
[/quote]

Lmao, no. Y'all have basically given Carthage no credit whatsoever. Acting like we may as well not even show up. So yeah, we're gonna make our way on this message board and talk back. But don't ever think that Carthage isn't ready, or is looking past you. Coach Surratt and co will have them ready. And yeah, 3 state championships would make fans a little cocky.

They were favored when? Didn't they play in like 99 or something? Wayyyyy different. So what's your point?

I hope the Bulldogs win. And if we play to our potential, we should.

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1344700" timestamp="1354227830"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=106679.msg1344685#msg1344685 date=1354226425]
[b]Carthage people are cocky[/b]! I guess those 3 state championships will make you that way! Let's go send them back to off season Tigers! Let's play our best game of the season Tigers!
[/quote]

They are very cocky, but most East TX fans are.
They think there is not any team outside of East TX with speed.
[b]On Smoaky, one fan said they were better than West Orange Stark and he did not know they were still in playoffs.[/b]

Silsbee will beat Carthage by at least 10.
[/quote]smh, you would think they have no access to social media and live in the boonies

Maybe all the people of Carthage are using the same public library computer.  Who knows! I know for a fact Carthage has a great not good team this year. You guys have speed, size, and fantastic coaching. All I'm saying is, some of you think Silsbee played a weak schedule and doesn't have speed. Let it all play out on the field. Carthage has to be the favorite. You guys are state ranked in the top 10. Silsbee isnt! Carthage has a very strong passing game and top notch RB. The defense is scary good. We will see of lil OL Silsbee is up for the challenge tomorrow night!

[quote name="CLASSof2010" post="1344764" timestamp="1354234092"]
Carthage people are cocky! I guess those 3 state championships will make you that way! Let's go send them back to off season Tigers! Let's play our best game of the season Tigers!
[/quote]

Lmao, no. Y'all have basically given Carthage no credit whatsoever. Acting like we may as well not even show up. So yeah, we're gonna make our way on this message board and talk back. But don't ever think that Carthage isn't ready, or is looking past you. Coach Surratt and co will have them ready. And yeah, 3 state championships would make fans a little cocky.

They were favored when? Didn't they play in like 99 or something? Wayyyyy different. So what's your point?

I hope the Bulldogs win. [b]And if [/b] we play to our potential, we should.
[/quote]I've read a lot if's from the Carthage fans, what's up with that? Don't come into the game with excuses, at this point if you have excuses, you don't deserve to be here playing at this round. 

[quote name="Trocket" post="1344789" timestamp="1354236488"]
[quote author=CLASSof2010 link=topic=106679.msg1344764#msg1344764 date=1354234092]
[/quote]

[/quote]I've read a lot if's from the Carthage fans, what's up with that? Don't come into the game with excuses, at this point if you have excuses, you don't deserve to be here playing at this round.
[/quote]

We weren't favored to win over Brownwood when shipley was there, or against Graham when they had McCoy. We haven't always been favorites either.

Well, I myself am not a Coach, or player. So what I say or do doesn't effect the team.

And no where in that comment did I make an excuse, I said if we play like I know we can, we will win. That's not an excuse. It's a fact. But Carthage deserves to be in this round of the playoffs just as much as anyone else.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="CLASSof2010" post="1344808" timestamp="1354237536"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=106679.msg1344789#msg1344789 date=1354236488]
[quote author=CLASSof2010 link=topic=106679.msg1344764#msg1344764 date=1354234092]
[/quote]

[/quote]

We weren't favored to win over Brownwood when shipley was there, or against Graham when they had McCoy. We haven't always been favorites either.

Well, I myself am not a Coach, or player. So what I say or do doesn't effect the team.

And no where in that comment did I make an excuse, I said if we play like I know we can, we will win. That's not an excuse. It's a fact. But Carthage deserves to be in this round of the playoffs just as much as anyone else.
[/quote]

No one is doubting Carthage deserves to be here, but there sure is a lot of Carthage fans on that E TX site saying they will blow Silsbee out.
If Silsbee plays to their potential they will beat Carthage..Not opinion thats a fact!!

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1344815" timestamp="1354238415"]
[quote author=CLASSof2010 link=topic=106679.msg1344808#msg1344808 date=1354237536]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No one is doubting Carthage deserves to be here, but there sure is a lot of Carthage fans on that E TX site saying they will blow Silsbee out.
If Silsbee plays to their potential they will beat Carthage..Not opinion thats a fact!!
[/quote] i heard the same thing 2 years ago when they were suppose to blow out Brownwood. Game will be played tomorrow, we'll see.

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1344815" timestamp="1354238415"]
[quote author=CLASSof2010 link=topic=106679.msg1344808#msg1344808 date=1354237536]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol okay. Agree to disagree. I have faith in the bulldogs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder