3A D-I Region 3 championship: Carthage (10-2) vs. Silsbee (10-2), 7:30pm Friday,

Who will win?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Silsbee
    • Carthage

[quote name="beechnut" post="1340604" timestamp="1353775109"]
Cats80 you cannot put stafford in any category with anyone bc c'mon their team look like the bad news bears. Only player they have is Seals and he was not one hundred percent bc he knee was jacked up. I like your team men but not so sure you can hang with the likes of the bulldogs.
[/quote]You were talking about Speed now you want to talk about ability thats a whole Different thing there . Speed wise Stafford is there they are fast. Ability not there. So what is it. Make up your mind

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever wins will most likely play El Campo.  I watched them play Somerset last night and they have a QB and RB that are good.  Not sure if QB can pass cause not much passing cause very high winds but he is not afraid to tuck it and run 100+ rush 1st half.  Their defense is sound and gets after the ball quick.

Yes I have also been looking at them and reading about them. But I still feel that the winner of Region 3 Will beat El Campo or whoever wins Region 4. Although it would not be a blowout by no means. But this game coming Carthage and Silsbee is going to be a battle. For all the marbles. And one step closer to jerryworld For whoever wins. I sure hope its Silsbee ;D

[quote name="CATS80" post="1341107" timestamp="1353795347"]
Yes I have also been looking at them and reading about them. But I still feel that the winner of Region 3 Will beat El Campo or whoever wins Region 4. Although it would not be a blowout by no means. But this game coming Carthage and Silsbee is going to be a battle. For all the marbles. And one step closer to jerryworld For whoever wins. I sure hope its Silsbee ;D
[/quote]

I'm with you Cat80! Wouldn't it be nice for the Tigers to beat Carthage and play yet another week.

Cats80, this may be the closest group of kids I've seen in a while. Watching them during warm ups yesterday and even on the sideline, these kids really get after each other to make plays. Silsbee needs to button down the hatches on the passing game with Carthage. The mix up the run and the pass very well. Stafford was run heavy but only threw one incomplete pass out of the 10 they threw. We need to defensive line to press their QB like never before and out DB's to make some big plays. On offense, I'd like to see Bryson, Scott, and Jackson get more carries outside the tackles. Silsbee's speed on the outside and Reed's passing game can lead us to victory. Hold on to the ball and force some turnovers is the key! Teams who have a decent offense have been able to put up points on Carthage. I'm not sure anyone outside of Whitehouse and Jacksonville they have played who had a great defense. Silsbee might be the best defense they have faced.

Carthage is good. But, they are not at the same strength as those championship teams. They have good coaching that finds a way to turn it up a few notches in the playoffs. I believe Silsbee's offense is stronger than Carthage's defense. If Silsbee's defensive secondary slows down Carthage's passing game (they can't completely shut it down and don't need to as long as the Silsbee offense does its job) AND limits Carthage's big runs, then Silsbee wins.

The only way silsbee will win is run out side on Carthage you will not beat them running up the middle or pass on them there weakest is run ing to the out side the the nose guard is huge he will be playing on Sundays if he has the motivation Carthage has 3 state titles in three years and the coaching staff is the beat I ever seen making adjustments so silsbee better be ready to play good luck to both teams I will be in the stands

[quote name="bulldogs1990" post="1342046" timestamp="1353820903"]
The only way silsbee will win is run out side on Carthage you will not beat them running up the middle or pass on them there weakest is run ing to the out side the the nose guard is huge he will be playing on Sundays if he has the motivation Carthage has 3 state titles in three years and the coaching staff is the beat I ever seen making adjustments so silsbee better be ready to play good luck to both teams I will be in the stands
[/quote]

I agree! Silsbee has the speed on outside and at WR!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1342111" timestamp="1353850884"]
[quote author=bulldogs1990 link=topic=106679.msg1342046#msg1342046 date=1353820903]
[/quote]

I agree! Silsbee has the speed on outside and at WR!
[/quote]

From the name, I take it that bulldogs is a proud Carthage graduate of 1990.  Too bad they didn't teach punctuation in Carthage back then.  And, of course, BS is going to throw his inane comments in there - (In my best Yul Brenner voice) "Let it be written, let it be done."  BS agrees and has decreed. ;D  Geeeez!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder