Kountze vs Silsbee / Kountze wins 84-64

BBfan061

[quote name="KingJames123" post="1340561" timestamp="1353772900"]
[quote author=bradyb link=topic=106666.msg1340529#msg1340529 date=1353771086]
This is the Kountze I was hoping to see this year... They played great. I hate they they beat my team, but I'm glad they got their stuff together. As far as Silsbee, honestly guys... Y'all know that was not Silsbee's team they will have lol. So calm down a bit. Silsbee had 3 Varsity players playing tonight lol. I watched Central and was EXTREMELY impressed. I don't see how the heck Silsbee beat them with the team silsbee has right now. But they did..
[/quote]
Kountze also had a starter not play last night.. and played a few players that were on jv against Lumberton..
[/quote]

There's no comparison. Would be very silly to try to make one.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1340570" timestamp="1353773231"]
[quote author=KingJames123 link=topic=106666.msg1340561#msg1340561 date=1353772900]
This is the Kountze I was hoping to see this year... They played great. I hate they they beat my team, but I'm glad they got their stuff together. As far as Silsbee, honestly guys... Y'all know that was not Silsbee's team they will have lol. So calm down a bit. Silsbee had 3 Varsity players playing tonight lol. I watched Central and was EXTREMELY impressed. I don't see how the heck Silsbee beat them with the team silsbee has right now. But they did..
[/quote]
Kountze also had a starter not play last night.. and played a few players that were on jv against Lumberton..
[/quote]

There's no comparison. Would be very silly to try to make one.
[/quote]
I wasn't making one:-) just stating a observation about the game:-)

[quote name="KingJames123" post="1340561" timestamp="1353772900"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Bird didn't play but he was there. That was the coaches decision.  That barely impacts y'all. Other than 3 kids for us, it was all JV. I'm not here to argue about silsbee/Kountze. Silsbee is my team, but Kountze is right there under Silsbee. I am just stating that Kountze should not look at this game and think that they did something special. I'm looking forward to seeing Kountze go to state this year. If Silsbee would have had Holmes, Elam, Reed, Scott, and Barnes... It's a complete different outcome. You know that as well as everyone on here does. Now, lets both be excited about a long playoff run for both teams!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1340587" timestamp="1353774264"]
Every knows if Silsbee had all their football guys, the score would have been Silsbee winning by at least 20.
[/quote]
But yall didn't... and it was kountze by 20.. so thats that...Didn't hear anything about missing players when yall beat Central... its over and done with.

[quote name="KingJames123" post="1340597" timestamp="1353774865"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=106666.msg1340587#msg1340587 date=1353774264]
Every knows if Silsbee had all their football guys, the score would have been Silsbee winning by at least 20.
[/quote]
But yall didn't... and it was kountze by 20.. so thats that...[b]Didn't hear anything about missing players when yall beat Central[/b]... its over and done with.
[/quote]

Because it really goes without saying. Everyone knows that Silsbee will be a much better team when they are at full strength. (football players back)

I was very shocked that Silsbee beat Central and I wasn't surprised at all that Kountze beat a 1/4 varsity, 3/4 JV Silsbee team. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1340608" timestamp="1353775317"]
[quote author=KingJames123 link=topic=106666.msg1340597#msg1340597 date=1353774865]
[/quote]
But yall didn't... and it was kountze by 20.. so thats that...[b]Didn't hear anything about missing players when yall beat Central[/b]... its over and done with.
[/quote]

Because it really goes without saying. Everyone knows that Silsbee will be a much better team when they are at full strength. (football players back)

I was very shocked that Silsbee beat Central and I wasn't surprised at all that Kountze beat a 1/4 varsity, 3/4 JV Silsbee team. ;)
[/quote]

Well everyone knows Silsbee full Strength is the better team in most matchup fortunately for us Tiger fans we have the luxury of playin ALL OUR SPORTS till the end of there season 3 round BABY!!!!

[quote name="KingJames123" post="1340597" timestamp="1353774865"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

That's because you must not have read the Silsbee/Central thread. It was all over it. Silsbee was ice cold in the first half. I was shocked that we where just 12 points down in the first half. In the third Silsbee heated up and took a lead in the game. The game really got out of hand when Willson fouled out with 5:11 left in the game. Kountze has size, speed and can shoot the ball. The player with the head band was popping it from three point range. Go Tigers!!!

[quote name="KHSAlum400" post="1340664" timestamp="1353779257"]
[/quote]

Right. It was a "lose-lose" situation all the way for Kountze.  ::)
[/quote]

No they won but if they had lost....well we all know how many comments would have been made about how everyone had way to high expectations...they are so young...refs were against us...why didnt coach..... and the list goes on.

[quote name="ST413" post="1340670" timestamp="1353779976"]
[quote author=KHSAlum400 link=topic=106666.msg1340664#msg1340664 date=1353779257]
[/quote]

Right. It was a "lose-lose" situation all the way for Kountze.  ::)
[/quote]

No they won but if they had lost....well we all know how many comments would have been made about how everyone had way to high expectations...they are so young...refs were against us...why didnt coach..... and the list goes on.
[/quote]

I just wished it would have been an even matchup. We'll never know now. Both teams will do well this season and have a good chance of representing this area in Austin in March.

[quote name="bbfan1955" post="1340744" timestamp="1353785485"]
There Were Fouls Call On Both Teams Kountze Just Had Alot More Players And [b]Kountze Played More JV Players Then Silsbee Did [/b] So Stop Crying Aggie Are We You Try To Put Down Kountze Ever Time The Game Is Over With Now So Move On
[/quote]

Really!!! Only three players played on varsity last year for Silsbee. And two played all year long. AAW not crying just stating the facts.

The facts were known well before this game even took place that's why I said it was a lose-lose situation for Kountze. I also said in another thread that I was hoping BOTH teams would be a full strength for this game but knew it was highly unlikely considering Silsbee's current playoff run in football.

We lose to Silsbee ---- We couldn't beat a 1/4 varsity, 3/4 varsity Silsbee team
We beat Silsbee --- We beat a team not missing 3/4 quarters of their team.

Lose-lose.

Glad it's over though.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1341270" timestamp="1353797886"]
Kountze has a good team this year. Maybe Silsbee and Kountze will play a playoff warmup vs each other this year. You will then see who has the better team at full strength.
[/quote]

That's a good idea BS! I wonder if someone else will think of that!

[quote name="KHSAlum400" post="1340797" timestamp="1353787632"]
The facts were known well before this game even took place that's why I said it was a lose-lose situation for Kountze. I also said in another thread that I was hoping BOTH teams would be a full strength for this game but knew it was highly unlikely considering Silsbee's current playoff run in football.

We lose to Silsbee ---- We couldn't beat a 1/4 varsity, 3/4 varsity Silsbee team
We beat Silsbee --- We beat a team not missing 3/4 quarters of their team.

Lose-lose.

Glad it's over though.
[/quote]This is a very good point and it will continue to be until the Silsbee football season is over (hopefully not for a few more weeks). Kountze played the team that was on the floor and played a very good game. The Kountze guards were impressive and should take them far this season. The younger Silsbee players are doing a good job stepping up.  Keep working hard and some of them may earn a permanent spot on Varsity.

Kountze and Silsbee will not play a warm-up game and i'm a die heart Kountze fan but both teams with all their players I would
go with Silsbee by 10 to 15...  Jordan Holmes and Chris Elam would be too much for Kountze. Only thing I disagree with is someone saying Marcus Williams wasn't much a factor IMO this kid is the best all around player on the Lion Squad

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin