2012 PNG football

[quote name="magnus1on1" post="1338685" timestamp="1353529153"]
Interesting......

http://www.pngindians.com/sports/football/playoffhistory

I would say don't give up on those Indians they have a great history of winning and a great community to back them.. Looks to me like they just couldn't click on all cylinders this year.. I would almost guarantee that will definitely be different next year among many teams..
[/quote]

sure miss laughing with you up top in the Box Magnus

I volunteered my time and helped coach the Groves Middle School football team this year and in my opinion between Groves and Port Neches Middle Schools, there are 3 or 4 players that were beyond their level physically and mentally that could contribute on varsity next year if the coaches wanted to put them in that position. From what I saw at the 8th grade level, plus PNG's freshman and JV teams, they have a great mix of young talent on the rise. I'm not particularly worried, they'll be back where they belong in no time 8)

Don't judge me for crossing over to the dark side, fellow Nederlanders! I tried to volunteer at C.O. and Central, but failed due to some complications. Just so you know, my heart was in the right place ;D

The best coach PNG has ever had, Doug Ethridge, was the Head Coach AND O.C.  So, yes, it can be done.  But, when a coach is 100% sold on the spread, then he has to have a good QB EVERY year.  Now, can every head coach develop QB's every year?  No!  Or, can the HC ensure that he can have a top quality QB coach every year that can.
Sometimes you have to adjust your system to your personnel.  When some HC's are so embedded in their system they are unwilling to change.  I think this was PNG's problem this year.   

[quote name="bulldog1984" post="1338695" timestamp="1353530362"]
i say you are right about the head coach, all blame has to be placed on him. I would have never guessed that PNG would have had a season like this year. If you dont put kids in the right positions you dont get their full potential. Im not saying he is a bad coach but it does hurt when you are head coach and offensive cord. also. Coach Newman is head coach aand Monte Barrow is offensive cord. in Nederland and it shows. Hope things will change next year for yall.
[/quote]

In BH we bleed blue and know that we will make sure all the young kids dream of being on that field one day. We have autograph signing day where the elementary comes come to the high school. And tons of stuff like that. We don't lose many kids between junior high and high. Then also our TIFI little guys learn our offense from an early age. When they hit junior high they are ready.
I know PNG will return but you guys better spend some time making sure the ones coming up know they are playing for them, parents, school, community, and would do anything to win for all of that.

[quote name="NDNation" post="1338722" timestamp="1353533971"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106612.msg1338718#msg1338718 date=1353533215]
I definitely saw a loyal, passionate fan base when Summer Creek played PNG.  I'm from the Northeast and my take on Texas HS football is it must be tremendous pressure on the kids playing the game.  I've never seen anything like the stadiums and crowds found here in the Lone Star State.

I hate to see kids get cheated by poor coaching, but we need to keep this all in perspective too.  I'm taking my own advice here as well ...I've been a bit crazy in this forum.

I gotta believe PNG will be back strong.  Your district was very strong this year so I'm sure that added to the frustration.

Have a great Thanksgiving.
[/quote]

There was no poor coaching...Coach Faircloths first season with us in 2009 brought us an Undefeated season in district, went 2 rounds deep in Playoffs. His second year we went 3 rounds deep and was taken down by Manvel. 3rd year Dayton's kicker took us out the first round. We have had 3 good seasons with Faircloth...and many more to come.
[/quote]

I so love it when someone says it can't be bad coaching because the coach had some great years in the past.  My soph year we won 3 games.  Got a first time head coach my junior year.  Went 2 rounds into the playoffs.  Senior year semifinals.  Following year, another semifinal appearance.  3 great years for a first time head coach, must be great right.  Wrong, we arrived too two loaded classess.  The next year we won 2 games, and after 5 more years of losing we was gone.  Coaching is about getting the best you can with the kids you got.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1338755" timestamp="1353539175"]
Playoffs for PN-G next season, I guarantee it. It might be more than just that playoff berth also, MCM is gonna be interesting next season  ;) 8)
[/quote]

I won't be doubting you again,  unless you really blow a big one!  :)

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1339201" timestamp="1353633415"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=106612.msg1338755#msg1338755 date=1353539175]
Playoffs for PN-G next season, I guarantee it. It might be more than just that playoff berth also, MCM is gonna be interesting next season  ;) 8)
[/quote]

I won't be doubting you again,  unless you really blow a big one!  :)
[/quote] ;)

[quote name="smitty" post="1339015" timestamp="1353609293"]
The best coach PNG has ever had, Doug Ethridge, was the Head Coach AND O.C.  So, yes, it can be done.  But, when a coach is 100% sold on the spread, then he has to have a good QB EVERY year.  Now, can every head coach develop QB's every year?  No!  Or, can the HC ensure that he can have a top quality QB coach every year that can.
[b]Sometimes you have to adjust your system to your personnel.[/b]  When some HC's are so embedded in their system they are unwilling to change.  I think this was PNG's problem this year.   

[/quote]

Good post Smitty.  I see it as a system that Coach Faircloth KNOWS,  and that he probably wouldn't be effective with a system that he is unfamiliar with.  Just like Burnette trying the spread.  Didn't work for him.
I've heard from too many sources for it to be un-true,  that there were issues among the players this yr.,  and that alone will keep a team from playing as a team,  especially when you have no super stars.
Sometimes,  those type issues can't be coached.

I have 100% faith in BF and I certainly know that he loves those kids  and is teaching life lessons as well.  I like that.  And before a know-it-all says something like "Life lessons won't help him keep his job", ...  of course it won't.    We all know that. 

I agree that the defense is a big concern,  and has been since BF got here.  With a decent defense this yr.,  we make the playoffs.

My hope is that they will complete the puzzle soon and all of you guys will have to worry about us again.

Don't worry..................................it's coming.

[quote name="purpleeagle" post="1338824" timestamp="1353549857"]
To Coach indianchief 23, If you know more about coaching then coach Faircloth does, then apply to the school board for the job. I am sure you will have PN-G  in the state playoffs ever year.
[/quote]
I bet Chief would not run a QB sneak on 4th and 1 from the shotgun

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="1339269" timestamp="1353643363"]
[quote author=ram0524 link=topic=106612.msg1339149#msg1339149 date=1353626515]
PNG should be a little better team next year, still going to lose to Nederland. But 2014 and beyond PNG should be fairly dominant.
[/quote]
I do not see it happening in 2014
[/quote]
Possibly, Nederland made a run with mainly Juniors last year. PNG could possibly do the same.

[quote name="ram0524" post="1339272" timestamp="1353643816"]
[quote author=Bulldog8 link=topic=106612.msg1339269#msg1339269 date=1353643363]
[quote author=ram0524 link=topic=106612.msg1339149#msg1339149 date=1353626515]
PNG should be a little better team next year, still going to lose to Nederland. But 2014 and beyond PNG should be fairly dominant.
[/quote]
I do not see it happening in 2014
[/quote]
Possibly, Nederland made a run with mainly Juniors last year. PNG could possibly do the same.
[/quote]

True but those juniors had already made the playoffs the year before as sophomores. 

YEs PNG and SC play next season. OK Decent post to start. I think someone is digging and wanting some changes and are afraid to just come out and say it.
PNG had a down year. There were issues within the team. There were numerous returning starters who were injured most of the season. Faircloth moved numerous players from offense to defense to see if it would help. My feel is that the only issue I see is that they will not play players both ways. Sure PNG had talent this year, but I think some of the inside team issues brought alot of the players down. I can't say who or what the issues were but it was there.
After this season I will not have a very biased opinion about defending the NDN's. Last son this year as a senior. (Trying to convince the wife to let me adopt one of those big ol Samoan boys) LOL. Anyway our season is over and done with. Faircloth is a very talented coach. He is passionate about out program and is very involved in the players lives. I feel blessed to have a God Fearing man coach my son.  He would pray with the players and team. He has made a impact on my sons life that will help him throughout his life.
PNG will be in the mix next year. Probably 65% of this years team were all underclassmen starting on either side of the ball. So you will have lots of experience and talent coming back next season on top of all the talent from the JV and Freshmen players. PNG looks great for the next several years.

[quote name="ram0524" post="1339149" timestamp="1353626515"]
[/quote]

2014 would be Seay, Barton, Mayfield, Johnson... that senior class will be VERY good, can't see them getting dominated?

[quote name="Search" post="1339158" timestamp="1353628493"]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=106612.msg1338722#msg1338722 date=1353533971]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106612.msg1338718#msg1338718 date=1353533215]
I definitely saw a loyal, passionate fan base when Summer Creek played PNG.  I'm from the Northeast and my take on Texas HS football is it must be tremendous pressure on the kids playing the game.  I've never seen anything like the stadiums and crowds found here in the Lone Star State.

I hate to see kids get cheated by poor coaching, but we need to keep this all in perspective too.  I'm taking my own advice here as well ...I've been a bit crazy in this forum.

I gotta believe PNG will be back strong.  Your district was very strong this year so I'm sure that added to the frustration.

[/quote]

There was no poor coaching...Coach Faircloths first season with us in 2009 brought us an Undefeated season in district, went 2 rounds deep in Playoffs. His second year we went 3 rounds deep and was taken down by Manvel. 3rd year Dayton's kicker took us out the first round. We have had 3 good seasons with Faircloth...and many more to come.
[/quote]

I so love it when someone says it can't be bad coaching because the coach had some great years in the past.  My soph year we won 3 games.  Got a first time head coach my junior year.  Went 2 rounds into the playoffs.  Senior year semifinals.  Following year, another semifinal appearance.  3 great years for a first time head coach, must be great right.  Wrong, we arrived too two loaded classess.  The next year we won 2 games, and after 5 more years of losing we was gone.  Coaching is about getting the best you can with the kids you got.
[/quote]

He only has a 4 year history with us...and three of those are good. I don't think after one bad year we should label him a bad coach and send out the lynch mob. He was the OC at Odessa P and had a good record there.

[quote name="NDNation" post="1339323" timestamp="1353677863"]
[quote author=Search link=topic=106612.msg1339158#msg1339158 date=1353628493]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=106612.msg1338722#msg1338722 date=1353533971]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He only has a 4 year history with us...and three of those are good. I don't think after one bad year we should label him a bad coach and send out the lynch mob. [b]He was the OC at Odessa P and had a good record there.[/b]
[/quote]

It seems that what a number of people are suggesting, yet afraid to come out and say is that perhaps being a good offensive coach doesn't always necessarily make you a great head coach.
It would seem to me that a new defensive coach for next year should be a no brainer.  There are too many teams in 20-4A that focus on building strong defensive units year end and year out. You cant just focus on offense and score big points and expect to win. I think that was proven in the Central game. Faircloth is a relative young coach and still learning. I suspect things will turnaround for the tribe and this season will soon be forgotten.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder