Are the coaches of today too easy on kids??

Are they coaches of the kids these days too easy on them??  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Are they coaches of the kids these days too easy on them??

• Yes
    • No

Heard some people complaining of how coach jacks of Vidor deals with his girls. Me personally I think we need more coaches like him. He is a "put up with nothing" kind of coach. And it's working very well in Vidor. I haven't been around a lot of programs but these girls from Vidor put to shame the work ethic of anyone. Off season and everything. I have never seen girls work so hard and have respect for there coach as much as visor players have respect for coach jacks. I was just looking for other people's opinions.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1338567" timestamp="1353515925"]
Heard some people complaining of how coach jacks of Vidor deals with his girls. Me personally I think we need more coaches like him. He is a "put up with nothing" kind of coach. And it's working very well in Vidor. I haven't been around a lot of programs but these girls from Vidor put to shame the work ethic of anyone. Off season and everything. I have never seen girls work so hard and have respect for there coach as much as visor players have respect for coach jacks. I was just looking for other people's opinions.
[/quote]I'd prefer the coach allow my kids one hour of practice, no weights, no running and an X-Box on the team bus  ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1338578" timestamp="1353517112"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=106610.msg1338567#msg1338567 date=1353515925]
[/quote]I'd prefer the coach allow my kids one hour of practice, no weights, no running and an X-Box on the team bus  ;D
[/quote]
Lmao  ;D

[quote name="3Falcons" post="1338600" timestamp="1353520831"]
I haven't seen this guy but I did see a number of post showing opinions of how he degrades the girls. Those post went missing and now I see a post calling for more coaches like him. Censorship at its best.
[/quote]

Forum rule:

18 ) The bashing of any particular coach, player, referee, etc will not be tolerated. This includes issues involving their personal lives, coaching/playing style or performance, past experiences, etc.

I think the way he turned that program completely around (which is a huge understatement) speaks for itself. He coaches the way he coaches with success, granted officials dont like him and apparently other daddy's and momma's dont appreciate it but all I can say is worry about your own program because he has done a fantastic job with his and I can tell you for a fact he takes very good care of them young ladies. Life is not a cake walk and all the babying of kids these days is making it harder and harder once they get into the real world. I appreciate his coaching style and I pray that one day my kids have a coach who loves and coaches half as hard as that man does. oh and btw Vidor will make the playoffs for the 3rd year in a row after a freaking o win season 4 years ago. ENOUGH SAID

[quote name="HFfan5" post="1338614" timestamp="1353522118"]
I think the way he turned that program completely around (which is a huge understatement) speaks for itself. He coaches the way he coaches with success, granted officials dont like him and apparently other daddy's and momma's dont appreciate it but all I can say is worry about your own program because he has done a fantastic job with his and I can tell you for a fact he takes very good care of them young ladies. Life is not a cake walk and all the babying of kids these days is making it harder and harder once they get into the real world. I appreciate his coaching style and I pray that one day my kids have a coach who loves and coaches half as hard as that man does. oh and btw Vidor will make the playoffs for the 3rd year in a row after a freaking o win season 4 years ago. ENOUGH SAID
[/quote]
You hit the nail on the head. Great post right here!!!! +1

I don't have a problem with coach Jacks. We need more coaches like him. The problem with this world today is kids are not made accountable for their actions. Just think most coaches 30 years ago could not coach in this day and time. I would not have a problem with my kid playing for coach Jacks and I don't even know the man. Kids need to learn that life is not fair sometimes, that you are not given something for nothing and hard work is how you obtain a goal or strive to get better. I applaud this man. If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1338645" timestamp="1353525292"]
[quote author=forum link=topic=106610.msg1338639#msg1338639 date=1353524630]
Maybe he should think twice about how he treats the girls. Would he treat his own daughter the same way? Oh that's right...
[/quote]
Think twice about what?
[/quote]
Read the rest of the post, and try to keep up. You're a fan, you know what I'm talking about.

[quote name="forum" post="1338650" timestamp="1353525533"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=106610.msg1338645#msg1338645 date=1353525292]
Maybe he should think twice about how he treats the girls. Would he treat his own daughter the same way? Oh that's right...
[/quote]
Think twice about what?
[/quote]
Read the rest of the post, and try to keep up. You're a fan, you know what I'm talking about.
[/quote]

I was told that 2 of his daughters are on team.  Is this correct?

[quote name="forum" post="1338639" timestamp="1353524630"]
[/quote]

I don't know where you are from, and I sure hope you aren't from Vidor, but as a parent of one of these girls I think Coach Jacks is a wonderful man, coach, and to some of these girls a father figure!  I wouldn't want anyone else coaching them. 

Sometimes those on the outside do not see the entire picture and don't know the entire situation and choose to post things through this forum that hurt individuals and team members.  I know what you saw, I was there; but, that doesn't give you the right to tear down someone.  Kids are on here and when you tear down their coach, you tear down their spirit.  These girls love Coach Jacks and they love his style of coaching!

[quote name="Lady Pirate" post="1338668" timestamp="1353526925"]
[/quote]

I don't know where you are from, and I sure hope you aren't from Vidor, but as a parent of one of these girls I think Coach Jacks is a wonderful man, coach, and to some of these girls a father figure!  I wouldn't want anyone else coaching them. 

Sometimes those on the outside do not see the entire picture and don't know the entire situation and choose to post things through this forum that hurt individuals and team members.  I know what you saw, I was there; but, that doesn't give you the right to tear down someone.  Kids are on here and when you tear down their coach, you tear down their spirit.  These girls love Coach Jacks and they love his style of coaching!
[/quote]
You obviously missed my sarcasm. I was poking fun at the ones that are bashing Coach Jacks. Sorry if I offended you or your daughter. Carry on...

[quote name="forum" post="1338680" timestamp="1353528476"]
[quote author=Lady Pirate link=topic=106610.msg1338668#msg1338668 date=1353526925]
[/quote]

[/quote]
You obviously missed my sarcasm. I was poking fun at the ones that are bashing Coach Jacks. Sorry if I offended you or your daughter. Carry on...
[/quote]
Your sarcasm is duly noted.

I think "the ones" was a single post by single person, well and then a follow up after the original one was deleted. I've never seen the guy coach so have no clue, I was more interested in the posts disappearing. I understand the rule and agree the first post was a rant. The second if I remember right (I've eaten turkey since I read it) was more fair.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ssiiiiaa
    Newest Member
    ssiiiiaa