ONE AND DONE SUCKS HARD

For the past few years Thanksgiving has been pretty sweet.  Eat some turkey, watch some football, go to sleep, wake up after Thanksgiving and meet your friends that you haven't seen for a year at the Broncos playoff game.  This one and done stuff has seriously impacted my social schedule.  To top it off, I keep checking the message board out of habit only to be reminded that it's basketball season in Dayton.  Oh well, happy turkey day everyone.  Gobble, gobble.

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="1338478" timestamp="1353508877"]
For the past few years Thanksgiving has been pretty sweet.  Eat some turkey, watch some football, go to sleep, wake up after Thanksgiving and meet your friends that you haven't seen for a year at the Broncos playoff game.  This one and done stuff has seriously impacted my social schedule.  To top it off, I keep checking the message board out of habit only to be reminded that it's basketball season in Dayton.  Oh well, happy turkey day everyone.  Gobble, gobble.
[/quote]

If you like, I could give you some ideas. We have this post HS playoff schedule thing down pretty good. It's not like I'm going to be using it soon anyway!  ;)

[/quote]

Look at the bright side their are two triple headers at Reliant this weekend  ;D

[/quote]

I feel your pain...Good stuff, Dude.
Happy T-day back at ya.

[/quote]

Gotten used to it in Bear country. Haven't seen play-offs since '97, we just pick which games should be the best and go attend. Sit on either side, doesn't matter, pull for either side, doesn't matter, actually enjoy watching football without getting upset over the outcome. Give it a shot, just saying....

For the past few years Thanksgiving has been pretty sweet.  Eat some turkey, watch some football, go to sleep, wake up after Thanksgiving and meet your friends that you haven't seen for a year at the Broncos playoff game.  This one and done stuff has seriously impacted my social schedule.  To top it off, I keep checking the message board out of habit only to be reminded[b] that it's basketball season in Dayton. [/b] Oh well, happy turkey day everyone.  Gobble, gobble.
[/quote] Hey they won last night :)

[/quote]  Happy Thanksgiving to you to. I know where your coming from. In the past years, there were still Bronco play-off games going on. Next year there will be Bronco games after Thanksgiving, because we have a great crop of Sophomores coming up next football season. Can't wait.

[quote name="scoutdog69plt" post="1338675" timestamp="1353527833"]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=106606.msg1338478#msg1338478 date=1353508877]
[/quote]  Happy Thanksgiving to you to. I know where your coming from. In the past years, there were still Bronco play-off games going on. Next year there will be Bronco games after Thanksgiving, because we have a great crop of Sophomores coming up next football season. Can't wait.
[/quote]same playcalling and coaching though. Next year will have alot of young talent but maybe not enough to make the playoffs. I hope your right though.

Well, if it makes you feel better, we'll let the good folks of Dayton come visit SC's two district championship trophies ;D

You guys will be back.  Just like in college, high schools go through up and down years due to the churn of students coming and going.  Unfortunately, high schools can't recruit ...unless you're KATY. LOL!

Have a great Thanksgiving and give thanks for all the good things God has blessed you with.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1338744" timestamp="1353537965"]
Can U believe Humble was a 5A team a couple years ago?
[/quote]yeah, i remember us getting whipped by them yearly, now our JV would probably put a beatdown on their Varsity. That talent in Humble is getting pretty spread out now.

[quote name="scoutdog69plt" post="1338675" timestamp="1353527833"]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=106606.msg1338478#msg1338478 date=1353508877]
[/quote]

I think I read the same thing about Dayton before this season, supposed to have a great D and a good O, D was okay, O sucked big time!

One and done - been there and done that way too many times. I go through the 5 stages of grief.
1) Denial :o - The game can't be over. There has to be a flag on the last play. Why are players headed to the locker room?
2) Anger  >:( - I'm going to put the referee's tires on flat. The coach better be fired. And, they better not let the kid that dropped that touchdown pass back on the bus.
3) Bargaining  ::) - God, please let this be a dream so that we can have a do over. If you do this one thing this year, then we'll give up the playoffs next year.
4) Depression  :'( - This team sucks. My life sucks. I have no appetite the rest of the weekend.
5) Acceptance  :) - There are other teams that never make the playoffs. We'll be back next year. Then, pick a second team to follow. But, you can help but wish it was your #1 team that you were sitting there cheering for, which starts the grief cycle all over again until the season ends and the playoffs are over.

[quote name="JB94" post="1338808" timestamp="1353548320"]
One and done - been there and done that way too many times. I go through the 5 stages of grief.
1) Denial :o - The game can't be over. There has to be a flag on the last play. Why are players headed to the locker room? [b]That last play needs to be reviewed![/b]
2) Anger  >:( - I'm going to put the referee's tires on flat. The coach better be fired. And, they better not let the kid that dropped that touchdown pass back on the bus.
3) Bargaining  ::) - God, please let this be a dream so that we can have a do over. If you do this one thing this year, then we'll give up the playoffs next year.
4) Depression  :'( - This team sucks. My life sucks. I have no appetite the rest of the weekend.
5) Acceptance  :) - There are other teams that never make the playoffs. We'll be back next year. Then, pick a second team to follow. But, you can help but wish it was your #1 team that you were sitting there cheering for, which starts the grief cycle all over again until the season ends and the playoffs are over.
[/quote]added one for ya.  ;)

[quote name="JB94" post="1338808" timestamp="1353548320"]
1) Denial :o - The game can't be over. There has to be a flag on the last play. Why are players headed to the locker room?
5) Acceptance  :) - There are other teams that never make the playoffs. We'll be back next year [b]with 37 starters returning.[/b] Then, pick a second team to follow. But, you can help but wish it was your #1 team that you were sitting there cheering for, which starts the grief cycle all over again until the season ends and the playoffs are over.
[/quote]

I also added to #5. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1338819" timestamp="1353549700"]
[quote author=JB94 link=topic=106606.msg1338808#msg1338808 date=1353548320]
5) Acceptance  :) - There are other teams that never make the playoffs. We'll be back next year [b]with 37 starters returning.[/b] Then, pick a second team to follow. But, you can help but wish it was your #1 team that you were sitting there cheering for, which starts the grief cycle all over again until the season ends and the playoffs are over.
[/quote]

I also added to #5. ;)
[/quote]ROFL!!!!!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86