Coldspring Vs LaMarque/LM WINS 35-21

Who will win this one  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this one

• Coldspring
    • LaMarque

game  mid-way thru the 3rd Q with their decent offense. La marque's Offense NOW , is far from stagnant as we've seen from the 5 shut on wins

Cougar2011, kinda not following how the offense has produced the 5 shutout wins. Unless you are trying to say that cause LaMarque has some form of offense now it makes the defense play better. I will say it again "Until someone knocks Coldspring off in this regoin then they are the team to beat"

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="idk" post="1337224" timestamp="1353354853"]
game  mid-way thru the 3rd Q with their decent offense. La marque's Offense NOW , is far from stagnant as we've seen from the 5 shut on wins

Cougar2011, kinda not following how the offense has produced the 5 shutout wins. Unless you are trying to say that cause LaMarque has some form of offense now it makes the defense play better. I will say it again "Until someone knocks Coldspring off in this regoin then they are the team to beat"
[/quote]

To respond to an earlier comment, The teams in Lamarque's district might not be offensive powerhouses like coldsprings and others, but i would argue to say that almost everyone of those defenses we played were decent units. Yes our defense has created a lot of turnovers and 3 and outs as well as shut outs, but without LA Marque's offense taking advantage of those opportunities the score would look like 21 to 0 not 54 to 0 or 48 to 0 (which is what we put up against a talented west columbia squad). And you can't blame la marque for being in a weak district, this is where we fell after dropping from 4a, if we were in Navasoto or WO-S's district i think we would put up just as good of numbers. If you knew anything about football you would know that a shut out/blow out victory involves playing a COMPLETE game. Which means both offense and defense were near flawless. But like you say, they have the braggin rights until we prove them wrong... see you all friday under the bright lights.

Oh Cougar, trust me I know plenty about football, so we can put that to rest now. But since you missed what I was implying then I really don't have the time to spell it out for you. Weak district or not La Marque has people respect. But I call bullcrap on both the offense and defense having to be flawless to shut someone out. What if the score was 3-0 would you still say the offense was flawless?

Coldsprings wins this game.  You guys can argue and talk trash and say this is a revenge game.  The fact of the matter is CS is well coached and have a lot of talent. These kids will be ready to play and they will be getting a rematch against Navasota.

cs bye 2 tds!

Sir, i clearly stated "shut out/blow out".... you just confirmed my whole argument. If the score was 3 to 0 then you would be right when you say the defense was great but the offense was sub-par. So visa versa, if the score was 54 to 0 doesnt that mean that the offense was beyond productive ?? Points just dont come out of thin air... Here are some stats to ease your mind. La marque has had 7 games of at least 35+ pts or more this season, 5 defensive shut out performances, won every game by a margin of at least 2 scores excluding the lone loss to CS, and our offense is averaging 35.7 pts per game. Might i also add that we kept Friendswood scoreless in our preseason scrimmage with them, as well as Whooped up on a very athletic and talented Texas city team. (which are both 4a playoff teams) So weak teams or not, I would say we are in great position to take control of this game. Hope, i didnt offend you with the football knowledge statement but it is a fact that both sides of the ball have to be hitting on all cylinders for a blow out AND shut out to occur. Especially late in the season..

Or Mr. Cougar you could say that the defense for the other team was subpar and your offense was just average to score 54 against a weak defense. I am so glad you have those stats cause you will have something to whipe with if you loose on Friday night. It's the playoffs and you know what you can do with those stats.

This is gonna be a great game. All the respect in the world for La Marque. This game scares the heck out of me. Being that we turned the ball over twice when about to score makes me feel a little better about our chaces this time if we don't squander our opportunities . Good luck Trojans.

I wonder when Coldspring is gonna get the respect that others in the area get.  I mean we do have some history of winning.  The last two years we have to the finals and semi-finals.  Seems like everyone is always against us.  Not sure what the deal is.  We are one of the smallest 3a schools in the state and we play like one of the biggest.  The whole wiping the floor with us and all is just disrespectful to me.  We may not have a Sherman Gilbert this year, but I still think we got enough to get it done.  I guess we will see come Friday.  I think LaMarque is very dangerous and very good.  I remember watching them on film before the first matchup and I thought oh my goodness I don't know if we can beat them.  Now seeing what this has done this year I think they can compete with anyone. 

[quote name="speveto" post="1337841" timestamp="1353425596"]
I don`t  know who will win this game but if there is a "RIOT" after the game, who will win the "RIOT".  I`m  going with LaMarque because they have a-lot more "EXPERIENCE". On second thought, disregard this post. A  "RIOT" would "NEVER"  happen!!!!!!
[/quote]
:D  WOS has the most D1 recruits and La Marque has the most UFC recruits. ;D

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1337781" timestamp="1353420115"]
I wonder when Coldspring is gonna get the respect that others in the area get.  I mean we do have some history of winning.  The last two years we have to the finals and semi-finals.  Seems like everyone is always against us.  Not sure what the deal is.  We are one of the smallest 3a schools in the state and we play like one of the biggest.  The whole wiping the floor with us and all is just disrespectful to me.  We may not have a Sherman Gilbert this year, but I still think we got enough to get it done.  I guess we will see come Friday.  I think LaMarque is very dangerous and very good.  I remember watching them on film before the first matchup and I thought oh my goodness I don't know if we can beat them.  Now seeing what this has done this year I think they can compete with anyone.
[/quote]

This Mustang fan certainly respects CS...and LaMarque as well. Two great teams (certainly two of the best in Texas), that is a fact. I have to agree with K'ville Kat on this one (first time this season isn't it my friend), CS just can't lose what they did to graduation (QB, and RB) and be as good as they were last season. Those guys were two outstanding players at key positions. Yes, you can cover that loss up by throwing more but eventually it catches up to you. I'll tell you right now WOS won't be as good next season as they are this year. The reason I am going with LaMarque is no disrespect to CS, but it is very hard to beat a great team twice in the same season. Just my opinion. Personally, I would love to see another CS-WOS matchup, just  don't think that is going to happen. Good luck to both teams in this one.

[quote name="~Kville_Kats~" post="1337753" timestamp="1353415554"]
[quote author=TexasMinuteman link=topic=106436.msg1337538#msg1337538 date=1353376249]
This game is going to be decided by who makes the fewest mistakes. With that said I'll go with Coldspring
  27-20
[/quote] Still say the fewer penelties, and turnovers will deside this one. I take Coldspring 27 to 21 over LaMarque.

Still say Coldspring don't have the Hoss's they did have..... ;) :D :D
[/quote]

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="1337864" timestamp="1353427210"]
[quote author=speveto link=topic=106436.msg1337841#msg1337841 date=1353425596]
I don`t  know who will win this game but if there is a "RIOT" after the game, who will win the "RIOT".  I`m  going with LaMarque because they have a-lot more "EXPERIENCE". On second thought, disregard this post. A  "RIOT" would "NEVER"  happen!!!!!!
[/quote]
:D  WOS has the most D1 recruits and La Marque has the most UFC recruits. ;D
[/quote]

And you still gotta play the game.... ::) ::)

[quote name="Majestyk" post="1337974" timestamp="1353434242"]
If Vegas was covering this game it would be No Line.  Coldspring beats LM in ot but I'm still trying to chew up the loss to LC-M.  First time in my storied career I will not make a prediction.  Good luck to both.
[/quote]I agree Mr Majestyk

[quote name="Majestyk" post="1337974" timestamp="1353434242"]
If Vegas was covering this game it would be No Line.  Coldspring beats LM in ot but I'm still trying to chew up the loss to LC-M.  First time in my storied career I will not make a prediction.  Good luck to both.
[/quote]

Agreed!!!!! The LCm loss throws everything in a twist. Then to top it off LCm doesnt make the playoffs.. Tic Toc Tic Toc friday is still a long way away

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder