1. 1. Who will win this one

• Coldspring
    • LaMarque

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="puddleofmudd" post="1335184" timestamp="1353188712"]
A rematch is never a good thing to the team the won the first go around. I truly believe LaMarque will wipe the floor with them this go around
[/quote]

I dont think they will wipe the floor.... I think it will be a good tight low scoring ball game. Something neither team has been used to this season.

A rematch is never a good thing to the team the won the first go around. I truly believe LaMarque will wipe the floor with them this go around
[/quote]

Coldspring won the first matchup, and IMO, has improved..  I'm sure that La Marque has improved as well.  All considering, what has changed since the last matchup to make you think that La Marque will whip the floor with them?

[quote name="lobos" post="1335299" timestamp="1353192130"]
LaMarque had a setback with Coldspring during the season but I feel that Lamarque is the true favorite in this one.

LaMarque-45
Coldspring-12

LaMarque will win state! Go Cougars!
[/quote]

So what was their setback. I would really like to hear this one. I mean it was a good game. But if they had a setback. Please inform us!!!

;)[quote name="Bigdaddy79" post="1335420" timestamp="1353195527"]
[quote author=lobos link=topic=106436.msg1335299#msg1335299 date=1353192130]
LaMarque had a setback with Coldspring during the season but I feel that Lamarque is the true favorite in this one.

LaMarque-45
Coldspring-12

LaMarque will win state! Go Cougars!
[/quote]

So what was their setback. I would really like to hear this one. I mean it was a good game. But if they had a setback. Please inform us!!!
[/quote]

If it weren't for turnovers down inside the five Coldspring would blew LaMarque out in the first game.  It should never had gone to OT.  I think the Trojans can pull out the win in a tight game.  I know everyone has their own opinion, but if ur opinion leads u to believe LaMarque blows out Coldspring then u are way off. 

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1335543" timestamp="1353201147"]
If it weren't for turnovers down inside the five Coldspring would blew LaMarque out in the first game.  It should never had gone to OT.  I think the Trojans can pull out the win in a tight game.  I know everyone has their own opinion, but if ur opinion leads u to believe LaMarque blows out Coldspring then u are way off.
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Woulda, coulda, shoulda....means nada in football after the fact. I could play that game too but I don't make excuses for losses/close wins...it is what it is. So since you're so sure that Coldspring would have blown us out are you saying that's what's gonna happen Friday since you seem so sure that's how it SHOULD have went the first time? Oh yea, we want to thank you guys for placing the ball down on the turf so nicely for us to recover because we really needed all the help we could get...rofl![/b][/color]

No if you read all of my post u would see where I said it would be a tight game with the Trojans winning.  Also yes turnovers are part of the game.  It's different when it is inside the five yard line than it is at the 50.  Coldspring also drove up down the field in that game.  It will be a different game then the first.  It is gonna be on a neutral field in a big venue.  Both teams I'm sure have improved.  Good luck to both teams. I still think the Trojans win. 

[/quote]
doubt there will be any floor wiping.  but definitely the edge should go to LM.  revenge factor.

Is Coldspring's QB hurt, or is that a false rumor?

Also heard that one of the RB's is out, due to poor grades. Any truth to that?

I am going to take Lamarque in this one, based on those speculations as well as the Coogs getting better each week.

ok i am going to get hammered here but here it goes it dont matter what happened in the preseason or district play .what does matter is that lamarque is a totally different team come playoff. they finished in the 4th spot in 4a competion in 2010 i beleive and went to state. last year they got stopped by manvel who is now 5a. they play with a different fire in the playoffs not saying coldsprings isnt the same but having seen this first hand i know the change coogs make come playoffs. be ready for a real fight

[quote name="Rattler99" post="1335293" timestamp="1353191899"]
[quote author=puddleofmudd link=topic=106436.msg1335184#msg1335184 date=1353188712]
[/quote]

Coldspring won the first matchup, and IMO, has improved..  I'm sure that La Marque has improved as well.  All considering, what has changed since the last matchup to make you think that La Marque will whip the floor with them?
[/quote]
I'll give you a few reasons.... During pre-season La marque's offense was stagnant and overly depended on it's defense. And because of la marque's inability to bust the game open in the first half with all its 3 and out opportunities, it allowed coldsprings to get back in the game  mid-way thru the 3rd Q with their decent offense. La marque's Offense NOW , is far from stagnant as we've seen from the 5 shut on wins. Also might i add, even when we let coldsprings get momentum and get back in the game, they couldnt finish the job in regulation. It took a last minute TD to decide who would win. La marque will come into this rematch angry, not just confident.... They're a team on a mission and thats something hard to stop. I say la marque by at least 2 TD's.

[quote name="cougar2011" post="1337145" timestamp="1353351038"]
[quote author=Rattler99 link=topic=106436.msg1335293#msg1335293 date=1353191899]
[quote author=puddleofmudd link=topic=106436.msg1335184#msg1335184 date=1353188712]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I'll give you a few reasons.... During pre-season La marque's offense was stagnant and overly depended on it's defense. And because of la marque's inability to bust the game open in the first half with all its 3 and out opportunities, it allowed coldsprings to get back in the game  mid-way thru the 3rd Q with their decent offense. La marque's Offense NOW , is far from stagnant as we've seen from the 5 shut on wins. Also might i add, even when we let coldsprings get momentum and get back in the game, they couldnt finish the job in regulation. It took a last minute TD to decide who would win. La marque will come into this rematch angry, not just confident.... They're a team on a mission and thats something hard to stop. I say la marque by at least 2 TD's.
[/quote]

From what I saw, Coldspring has improved since losing to Navasota especially on the offensive side of the ball..

Nothing against La Marque, but those shutout wins were in a very weak district (like Navasota) with both West Columbia and Sweeny being down..

I wouldn't be surprised by either team pulling out the victory.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder