Hemphill head coach out!

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1334279" timestamp="1353131363"]
[quote author=greenhornet link=topic=106377.msg1333029#msg1333029 date=1353112713]
[b]Politics as usual[/b].... Applicants beware!!!
[/quote] meaning what?
[/quote]

po·et·ic jus·tice

Noun:

The fact of experiencing a fitting or deserved retribution for one's actions.

I cannot believe this.  I have known Coach Stanley for over 10 years.  When he initially got the job I had an opportunity to come along.  My life was in a place where it could not happen.  Ken is an awesome coach and is great for kids.  Hemphill will struggle to find a Coach of his caliber.

Guest momof2hornets
Hemphill believes you must move here in order to be a coach or superintendent here or you can't give 100% to the school and community. Why would anyone that's not from here or have family here be expected to uproot, buy a house and move to such a desolate place an hour from any thing? But that was only part of the reason. He is a good coach. Maybe "they" should figure out that they are the problem. That's why I said applicants beware..... It's not all in the contract.

I know two coaches who bought houses there,tried to be part of the community and even had their kids going to school there and when they decided to clean house they made those guys hit the road.  That was just an excuse for the them to get rid of this guy.  Who wants to move their if they are not "hometown" guys????????  SO they can live there 2 years and get fired???

Guest momof2hornets
I read on another website that certain "powers" are waiting for their kids to graduate college and give them a job at Hemphill coaching. These guys hired now were just place holders until graduation date. Who knows what's going to happen. Changes need to occur and not just in the coaching staff, but nobody cares enough to get out and vote!

Guest incognito123
[quote name="greenhornet" post="1340023" timestamp="1353724345"]
I read on another website that certain "powers" are waiting for their kids to graduate college and give them a job at Hemphill coaching. These guys hired now were just place holders until graduation date. Who knows what's going to happen. Changes need to occur and not just in the coaching staff, but nobody cares enough to get out and vote!
[/quote]

No way.  If the parents are on the board, they cannot hire their children, or any family member for that matter.  I think it's a law.

Guest momof2hornets
That's correct...but our little town has found a way around that....when they want family hired they step down until family is hired and then get put back on. It's happened quite frequently the past few years. Other members will "step down" early so that select members can be appointed by the President. That selected person is always someone that will vote the same as the others. That's the loop hole they use. Pretty clever because they know there's not a high turnout for school board elections.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder