Vidor play-off run in 1964 season.

[quote name="knightrider" post="1328248" timestamp="1352741659"]
II want to compare the play-off run, this years Vidor team to the  1964 Vidor Pirates. I think this years team is as good or better than that team 48 years ago. If the Pirates stay focused, they can go far in the play-offs. Go Pirates.
[/quote]Don't take the black pearl lightly............ ;)

[quote name="scoutdog69plt" post="1328452" timestamp="1352752495"]
[quote author=knightrider link=topic=106177.msg1328248#msg1328248 date=1352741659]
II want to compare the play-off run, this years Vidor team to the  1964 Vidor Pirates. I think this years team is as good or better than that team 48 years ago. If the Pirates stay focused, they can go far in the play-offs. Go Pirates.
[/quote] I remember in 1964, the Vidor Pirates were a 3A team, and had advanced to the State semefinals, versus the powerful San Marcus team. I also remember we took student busses to the game. The game was hectick from start to finish. We sure had a team, Larry Tilton, Bubba Pullen, Sparky Robinson, Elmo smith, and the list continues of greatness. These guys were not giants, like they have now. But no one will never forget the unforgettable fieldgoal, that missed the uprights by inches, by Larry Tilton, to give San Marcus the win by penatrations, 3 to 2. These Pirates need to overcome this obsticle and go to state.

[quote name="knightrider" post="1328248" timestamp="1352741659"]
II want to compare the play-off run, this years Vidor team to the  1964 Vidor Pirates. [size=10pt][b]I think this years team is as good or better than that team 48 years ago. [/b][/size]If the Pirates stay focused, they can go far in the play-offs. Go Pirates.
[/quote]

I don't think it matters how good you were at any given time in history but rather how good you are when compared to the competition.

Vidor has no idea what they are facing this week in Summer Creek.  Yes- they are that good.  Also, why would you compare Vidor to a team from years ago- couldnt we all do that?  Dayton as good as the '08 team, BHill as good as the '09 team, Crosby as good as the '55 team that won state....in other words, keep nostalgia in the past- football is so different nowadays it is really hard to compare.

[quote name="scoutdog69plt" post="1329062" timestamp="1352820953"]
[quote author=scoutdog69plt link=topic=106177.msg1328452#msg1328452 date=1352752495]
[quote author=knightrider link=topic=106177.msg1328248#msg1328248 date=1352741659]
[/quote] I remember in 1964, the Vidor Pirates were a 3A team, and had advanced to the State semefinals, versus the powerful San Marcus team. I also remember we took student busses to the game. The game was hectick from start to finish. We sure had a team, Larry Tilton, Bubba Pullen, Sparky Robinson, Elmo smith, and the list continues of greatness. These guys were not giants, like they have now. But no one will never forget the unforgettable fieldgoal, that missed the uprights by inches, by Larry Tilton, to give San Marcus the win by penatrations, 3 to 2. These Pirates need to overcome this obsticle and go to state.
[/quote]

Love those names :) Larry, Bubba, Sparky and Elmo !!! LOL You better hope Vidor is a lot better than a 1964 3A playoff team  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder