VIDOR vs SUMMER CREEK D1 ROUND 1

dustoff03

winner?  

315 members have voted

1. 1. winner?

• VIDOR
    • SUMMER CREEK

[quote name="Curelover32" post="1332882" timestamp="1353103636"]
[quote author=Football Fan 4 Life link=topic=106059.msg1332881#msg1332881 date=1353103325]
Who's home team? I'm guessing SC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]
Man i hope not.  Vidor will have at least twice as many fans there!
[/quote]They are. >:(

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Curelover32" post="1332882" timestamp="1353103636"]
[quote author=Football Fan 4 Life link=topic=106059.msg1332881#msg1332881 date=1353103325]
Who's home team? I'm guessing SC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]
Man i hope not.  Vidor will have at least twice as many fans there!
[/quote]

Probably four times as many....for as good as SC is there isn't much of a following for whatever reason.....

[quote name="cougar14" post="1332266" timestamp="1353075446"]
[quote author=Boneyard Boys link=topic=106059.msg1332161#msg1332161 date=1353046600]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=106059.msg1331106#msg1331106 date=1352991710]
[quote author=Diamond-J link=topic=106059.msg1330995#msg1330995 date=1352984282]
[quote author=Teamlast link=topic=106059.msg1330868#msg1330868 date=1352947338]
Say what u want about vidor but I would take their kids any day over some outer Houston kids.  Make no mistake vidor kids wil not back down from anybody. Especially the winner of 19 4a in a down year. Vido will win this game Friday. That's not a guess that's a fact. So after Fridays game I do expect all these " high class" SC fans to message me and say " sir I'm sorry for being such trash and talking so much crap all week. I promise I won't do it again and Thank you so much for showing us what a real football team looks like. Can't wait to be knocked out in the first round AGAIN next year"
[/quote]"outer Houston kids"  ??????????????????????
[/quote]He meant a team with all brothers. He's from Vidor and can't say that though. He thinks his team is physical because they won 9 games in an[b] extremely down year in 20-4a[/b], a year only two teams  were over .500. After SC punks Vidor all over the field he won't get on here and say anything but how classless and arrogant the SC players were. Not "they told us they were going to smash us and did". You have to realize, this is only most Vidor fans third time in the playoffs so that's why he can guarantee a win against [b]a team none of the player on his could even start for[/b].
[/quote]
Yes a down year for 20-4A, a year when we have a Senior commit to UT and a Senior commit to TA&M (Both which Vidor beat easily). What does SC or Coug have commited to play at big time programs? Not to mention [b]QUIRANTE IS BETTER THAN BOTH THESE PLAYERS.[/b]
[/quote]He may be a better fit for Vidor but as far as the Saturday guys, this is who they think.

1. Tony Brown - http://rivals.yahoo.com/oklahoma/football/recruiting/player-Tony-Brown-133585 - kid could be and ESPN five star, don't know if we've ever had a five star in the SETX since espn has been doing the under armor rankings. Probably a top 5-7 player in the country next year.
2. Chevoski Collins - http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Chevoski-Collins-127991 - best chance to play on Sundays is probably safety, going to probably get up to 210 or 215 at UT giving him a chance to be like Huff and Thomas
3. Alex Sezer -  http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Alex-Sezer-141941;_ylt=AmkES2Jl0u7S2.RRC69h8wRIPZB4 - probably going to play corner, A&M is loaded in the backfield and at receiver
4. Deshawn Washington - http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-DeShawn-Washington-144585 - there have been comparisons to Justin Manning who is top 10 DT in the country out of Dallas Kimball for the 2013 class
5. Robert Mitchell - http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Robert-Mitchell-119771;_ylt=AnTkExTg83fTuxzg5zRYDoFIPZB4 - I hope Central's season didn't hurt him.
Crazy thing about 19-4a is other than Hogan all of our Big 12 type kids are only juniors and already getting love from the rivals and other services. Tune in around August and check the offers. It is a down year man, y'all have two teams over .500. Be it not for the likes of Collins, Brown and Mitchell y'all could have a weaker district than that. Happens sometimes though, this was just the 20-4a year.
[/quote]
Just my opinion on these players from the games I have watched:
1. He is overated in my view, dont think he did much this year to impress, though it is hard for a CB to have a huge impact vs a 99% run team, a really good 7 vs 7 player though.
2. Good athlete, made some really poor decisions at the QB position, a real cocky all about me type player as seen on my profile pic after Q burned him for a long TD run.
3. Got an injury vs Nederland but came back in to finish the game. Didnt play the next week vs Vidor and his team was fighting for a playoff spot. Thats weak, thinking about college next year I guess, heard they shut him down last year too after a minor injury when he could have returned.
4. An absolute beast on the O-line and D-line, was very impressed with him, and just a Junior too if Im not mistaken, he needs to move to Vidor.
5. I think he is going to be a very good QB for someone at the next level, seen him hit his receivers in stride several times only to have them drop the ball.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------        whoa        this          thread          just        got        really              wide        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote name="Boneyard Boys" post="1332920" timestamp="1353106291"]
Question for my fellow Pirate faithfull: What grade is # 31 Sage Smith in, I know he isnt a Senior and I think he may be the hope for a bright future for the Pirates.  8)
[/quote]
Junior but fellow running back geth Simmons is a sophomore. I definitely look for some great things from these two in the future.

[quote name="Roughrider" post="1332478" timestamp="1353083506"]
All Joking aside, Vidor is the most physical team Nederland played this year. Not the biggest or fastest but they will fly to the ball and punch you in the mouth every time. I mean every time. Just imagine a souped up Barbers Hill who by the way gave SC their toughest game of the year. Should be a good one. I will be very shocked if it is a blowout.
[/quote]

Well I stand corrected. This was an old fashioned wood shed spanning! Vidor was way overmatched.

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1334104" timestamp="1353127088"]
Its a bird, its a plane, NOPE, just another smokin baby prediction gone right! 19-4A in the progress of sweeping!
[/quote]

Yeah, yeah, kudos smoking. There may be a glitch in your sweep prediction though, don't see Dayton beating Ned tomorrow....

Looks like Vidor's defense missed the bus to the game tonight. The Summercreek receivers had 5-8 steps on the defense all night long. Summercreek had no problem scoring almost anytime it wanted. And what about that smashmouth offense? It didn't fool very many Summercreek players. If the defensive linemen missed the ballcarrier, the inside line backers found them, and when Vidor did break free, they were run down, and punished, like the British, French, and Spanish ran down the pirates of history.

I guess those "Outer Houston Kids", brought a little more than was expected.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Summercreek dad" post="1334166" timestamp="1353128676"]
Looks like Vidor's defense missed the bus to the game tonight. The Summercreek receivers had 5-8 steps on the defense all night long. Summercreek had no problem scoring almost anytime it wanted. And what about that smashmouth offense? It didn't fool very many Summercreek players. If the defensive linemen missed the ballcarrier, the inside line backers found them, and when Vidor did break free, they were run down, and punished, like the British, French, and Spanish ran down the pirates of history.

[/quote]

WOW!!! ::) ::)

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1334168" timestamp="1353128789"]
[quote author=Summercreek dad link=topic=106059.msg1334166#msg1334166 date=1353128676]

[/quote]

WOW!!! ::) ::)
[/quote]

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="mytwocents" post="1334171" timestamp="1353128877"]
IMO sore winners are just as bad as sore losers. We ate our crow man. Y'all were the better team tonight. Congrats.
[/quote]

+1

[quote name="Summercreek dad" post="1334166" timestamp="1353128676"]

[/quote]

Win with honor and lose with honor! Way to keep it classy summer creek dad!