Possible Playoff venues

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing's been said for Nederland obviously. We still don't know who we would play. But they may flip for home if both coaches want to. Otherwise it will probably be stallworth or something. It'd be nice to get a game at the butch and make the Houston area schools travel a little... sheesh..

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1319871" timestamp="1352055415"]
I for one would like to see more games at Lamar.
[/quote]

Not if the schools get the same reception from Lamar U as they did last year.  Vidor and Crosby put more folks in that stadium than the main tenant usually does only to have all of 1 concession stand open to the public. 

[quote name="dogbite" post="1319882" timestamp="1352055975"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=105739.msg1319871#msg1319871 date=1352055415]
[/quote]
AGREE.  Lamar is great for playoffs
[/quote]

No it isn't. Ask Vidor fans what they thought of playing their playoff game at PUS last year.

8,000 Vidor fans on the home side and only 1 concession stand open with just 3 people working it.

Also the press box is less than accommodating.

Lamar does not roll out the red carpet for high school games.

Butch is better place for local playoff games.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1319884" timestamp="1352056267"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=105739.msg1319871#msg1319871 date=1352055415]
[/quote]

Not if the schools get the same reception from Lamar U as they did last year.  Vidor and Crosby put more folks in that stadium than the main tenant usually does only to have all of 1 concession stand open to the public.
[/quote]i remember that. that was insane.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1319886" timestamp="1352056401"]
[quote author=dogbite link=topic=105739.msg1319882#msg1319882 date=1352055975]
[/quote]
AGREE.  Lamar is great for playoffs
[/quote]

No it isn't. Ask Vidor fans what they thought of playing their playoff game at PUS last year.

8,000 Vidor fans on the home side and only 1 concession stand open with just 3 people working it.

Also the press box is less than accommodating.

Lamar does not roll out the red carpet for high school games.

Butch is better place for local playoff games.
[/quote]

Agreed

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
1. Galena Park ISD
2. Beaumont ISD
3. Turner (Humble ISD) Nicely upgraded.
4. Stallworth

If Lamar would be more accomodating, then yes.
Would PN-G allow the Reservation to be used?
I could see Bronco Stadium and Barbers Hill's stadium being used for a neutral site - especially 3A.

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1319901" timestamp="1352057061"]
1. Galena Park ISD
2. Beaumont ISD
4. Stallworth

I could see Bronco Stadium and Barbers Hill's stadium being used for a neutral site - especially 3A.
[/quote]Barbie's Hill not big enough IMO

I like Turner Stadium 8), that place is nice. Scoreboard is loud like another stadium on here  ;) ;D

Coach Neumann could call both SC and Dayton and get a venue secured if they both agreed to a neutral site for who ever we play. I think this has been done before by Coach Neumann and it is a good idea with so many teams playing 1st round games these days, so we may have a site before we know who we play.

1. Galena Park ISD
2. Beaumont ISD
4. Stallworth

[/quote]

PN-G Visitor's side isn't big enough..

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1319925" timestamp="1352058540"]
[quote author=Cap Rock Brewing Co. link=topic=105739.msg1319901#msg1319901 date=1352057061]
1. Galena Park ISD
2. Beaumont ISD
4. Stallworth

[/quote]
[b]
PN-G Visitor's side isn't big enough[/b]..
[/quote]

All depends on what size schools will be using that stadium.

The playoffs and it's locations are not just for 5A and 4A. ::)

[quote name="dogbite" post="1319893" timestamp="1352056749"]
We've played at Lamar, as well as the butch several times and I'd prefer Lamar.  Always had pleasant playoff experiences there
[/quote]

LU was better before football came back... not sure why. Ozen and Nederland played there a few times.

Bronco Stadium holds 8500... For smaller schools this IMO would be a good place to have a playoff  game.. Seems bout 3 years ago there was a one played there...

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1319910" timestamp="1352057506"]
[quote author=Cap Rock Brewing Co. link=topic=105739.msg1319901#msg1319901 date=1352057061]
1. Galena Park ISD
2. Beaumont ISD
4. Stallworth

[/quote]Barbie's Hill not big enough IMO

I like Turner Stadium 8), that place is nice. Scoreboard is loud like another stadium on here  ;) ;D
[/quote]
Coldspring played one playoff in Barber's Hill last year, can't remember who against (thinking Bridge City).  It was very nice.  (Of course compared to our home stadium, they are all nice) Since it will be either Orangefield or Bridge City in the first round, I could see this being a possibility again, or Humble.  Dayton would be another option.

In all fairness to Lamar U they don't run their own concession stand. A private company(forgot the name) has all of LU's food contract and they decide the food, # of employees etc. What is really crazy the contract between the two forces LU to pay for the staff, to man the concessions, so I don't know why the private company would be understaffed.

1. Galena Park ISD
2. Beaumont ISD
4. Stallworth

[/quote]All of these are great, I also like Galenda Park.

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1319981" timestamp="1352063175"]
In all fairness to Lamar U they don't run their own concession stand. A private company(forgot the name) has all of LU's food contract and they decide the food, # of employees etc. What is really crazy the contract between the two forces LU to pay for the staff, to man the concessions, so I don't know why the private company would be understaffed.
[/quote]

This is not entirely true.  I believe that applies only to LU games.  When I have gone to high school games at LU stadium, whether regular season or playoff game, the concessions are run by various organizations which are often non-profit groups.

If all you care about are the concessions, stay home.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder