NEDERLAND AT LUMBERTON BROADCAST/Nederland wins 48-0!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="bigdog" post="1318019" timestamp="1351913219"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=105606.msg1317785#msg1317785 date=1351910086]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=105606.msg1317768#msg1317768 date=1351909861]
its the first one he's missed all season.  Cut him and the coaches some slack.
[/quote]
Alright calm down.. Deep breaths..

Nobody is ragging on Noel.. I think he's a fantastic kicker.. Just wish he had more opportunities to show his stuff..
[/quote]

Honestly, how many chances do you want him to have?  He kicked 7 PATs tonight and 5 last week alone.  Luckily we didn't need any FGs today.
[/quote]
Well let me just explain my point a little better and really it comes down to a difference of opinion. I just think with 3 timeouts in your pocket and your driving deep down into your opponents territory, you play clock management and try to put some points on the board. I get it, you're up 28-0. But I don't think you're obligated to become a charity in the second quarter. Why hurry to the line and get a penalty instead of using a timeout?? especially if you're just going to let the clock run out without trying to score anyway? It's just an opinion and my opinion doesn't mean squat.. Let the kids try to put some points on the board before half..

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="robanadana" post="1318104" timestamp="1351915538"]
I thought you guys don't run the score up? Did a lot of kneeling the ball did ya'?
[/quote]

Backups played 1 1/2 quarters and did not throw any passes while they were in. All running plays. Let time expire inside the 10 with 3 timeouts in first half up 28-0. Also kneeled the ball late in the game while driving. Ask the Lumberton fans, Ned did not run the score up.

He is a fantastic kicker with a bright future, things happen and one miss is not devastating. My point was extra points and field goals are different as far as yardage, pressure, etc. and he could season his holder and kicker so that in the playoffs field goals are as second nature as extra points. Noel has the skill to do it, but all players need game time experience to bring them to a new level. Now off the soap box.....Hats off to them Dogs, great game. Loved watching those back ups get some playing time.

people, we won 48-0!  It could have easily been more but our starters were pulled (appropriately) in the 3rd and we didn't throw a pass after they left...Nederland didn't scratch the surface of the playbook tonight because THEY DIDN'T NEED TO...it's ended up being an easy and convincing win, therefore I will take it...we came out healthy and got our second straight shutout...I'm happy

The dogs played very well. They didn't run the score up. They just did what they had to do run the dive play and get 10 yards a carry. Lumberton is in a down year they should be better next year. They have alot of young talent coming up. Seen there freshman class play and there 8 graders play.  Alot of speed with those class and a stud at running back in that 8 grade group. He carry the ball 40 something times when we played them.

Guest TribePride
Just wanted to say congrats to Nederland on a fine season so far. Well rounded football team and level-headed kids. All the best in the playoffs.

The part I have a problem with is the incessant whining, throwing hands up because we disagree with the coaches decision, what is this kindergarten?  Little Larry didn't want to play the same game as us so we pout in the corner?  Make it sound like he's making decisions as a personal attack, kind of childish isn't it?  As fans we cheer, we can disagree with things that are done, we talk about how we would do it, but don't you think some of this is being taken it a little far?  Neumann seems to have a plan for these last two games, how about we just try to stay awake and pray for no injuries.  Some of this is absurd. 

In my opinion, if Nederland had been up 42 to 0 at that point (like we should've been), he would've punched it in and let the starters rest the whole second half.  He had obviously not been pleased with the 2qtr performance, we stunk up the joint offensively, so he knew they were going to get a couple of series in the second half to be where he wanted them to be before taking them out.  That's his call right there.  The kids didn't play well in the 2Qtr, dominated the rest of the game, but stunk up the 2 qtr, why not let him coach his team how he needs too?  I'm not blaming or supporting anyone, it just is what it is, the guy needed to see a little more out of his starters, knows the game overall is decided, didn't see the need to punch it in.  How about he says in his mind, we're working on a two minute drill right here with no timeouts, if the kids don't execute, time runs out and we go to the half.  Some of us just won't be pleased unless it's done EXACTLY how we want it done. 

Good points Brubaker.

People (not just NED fans) on this board take their own opinion way too seriously (esp about coaches, players)....and those usually are the same "posters" who have something to critic a high school kid about.  I really don't understand these people.  I do know some of them and let me say, it's surprising what they will post/say on here.  MOST of the ones that I know, don't even have kids on a field of play.  Maybe that's why they act like their ALL-KNOWING. 

With all that said, now let me say....

Great Job Dogs!  Way to go!

8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)

I will second that in a big way...way to go Dogs...keep it up...I can't find much fault in a combined 73-0 over the past two weeks.

Get ready for Central and reach that next goal of being back to back undefeated district champs...it's within their reach

[quote name="bigdog" post="1318089" timestamp="1351914772"]
41 yards ,at the half,  47 at the end of the third, probably less than 60 total.
[/quote]

Here is the answer as to why we didn't kick FGs. Neumann went for it on 4th and 9 and called the same play twice. Neumann is as class of an act as there is. He scored 2 TDs in the 3rd on 8 plays then yanked the starters. Did he really need the final score to be 51 or 54? Game time snaps and kicks are the same for extra points as they are FGs. Only the trajectory changes, even though Noel's PATs look to be good for 40 yards.

Great post Brubaker.

I'd like to comment on the play of the night for me. Raines threw a sideline pass to Shaw which was behind the line of scrimmage and the defender giving some cushion. Shaw caught the pass and it was like he looked at the defender and said, "I'm going to beat you to the sideline", which wasn't very far away. Well, he did and then turned it up field for a TD. What blazing speed this young man has. I knew he was exceptionally fast, but this just blew me away. That defender is still rolling that one over in his head.

Ned had lots of highlight plays last night, but this one really stands out. Oh yeah, he also returned a punt for a TD untouched.

[quote name="Brubaker" post="1318372" timestamp="1351946982"]
The part I have a problem with is the incessant whining, throwing hands up because we disagree with the coaches decision, what is this kindergarten?  Little Larry didn't want to play the same game as us so we pout in the corner?  Make it sound like he's making decisions as a personal attack, kind of childish isn't it?  As fans we cheer, we can disagree with things that are done, we talk about how we would do it, but don't you think some of this is being taken it a little far?  Neumann seems to have a plan for these last two games, how about we just try to stay awake and pray for no injuries.  Some of this is absurd. 

In my opinion, if Nederland had been up 42 to 0 at that point (like we should've been), he would've punched it in and let the starters rest the whole second half.  He had obviously not been pleased with the 2qtr performance, we stunk up the joint offensively, so he knew they were going to get a couple of series in the second half to be where he wanted them to be before taking them out.  That's his call right there.  The kids didn't play well in the 2Qtr, dominated the rest of the game, but stunk up the 2 qtr, why not let him coach his team how he needs too?  I'm not blaming or supporting anyone, it just is what it is, the guy needed to see a little more out of his starters, knows the game overall is decided, didn't see the need to punch it in.  How about he says in his mind, we're working on a two minute drill right here with no timeouts, if the kids don't execute, time runs out and we go to the half.  Some of us just won't be pleased unless it's done EXACTLY how we want it done.
[/quote]
Who's whining or pouting?? You can have your opinion and I can have mine. You can think my opinion sucks. I don't really care. Nobody is attacking coaches or players.. What is there to attack? Look at what Neumann has done in Nederland and I don't think anyone would argue that fact. I simply don't agree with leaving timeouts in your pocket and not grabbing points when they are right in front of you, at least not in the first half. I understand being classy and I don't think there is any need to make the game 70-0.. But 28-0 isnt exactly running up the score. We can all have opinions and be civil about it. No I am not a coach nor do I think I could succeed anywhere near what our coaches do. I can still have an opinion though.. I'm not alone in this by the way. Did you hear this disbelief in the stands. Maybe he had a reason and that's fine. I still don't have to agree with everything any given coach does. People, it's ok to question things. It's completely legal. Let's try not to get our undies twisted up over a difference of opinion. I have more of a problem with people sitting on their fat butts being silent than I do with people questioning decisions..

GoDogs, I'm not the least bit upset about your difference of opinion. I simply tried to explain why we didn't kick the FGs. I also thought Brubaker explained it well. The whining part.....well that probably stems from the fact that we won big and shut them out. Had we lost by a FG, then the FG question would have lots of merit.