Barbers Hill vs. Summer Creek game thread/SC WINS 24-11!!!

Bh had there shots=dropped breadbasket pass @ the 7 yd line=Fg *Nobody to defend fake punt/pass between the line of scrimm and the lone Bh deep ret.guy.Fumbled kickoff.Sc had good field position all night.Bh w/11 1st dw  41/176 rush 1/4/0 for 9 yds=185 4 punts 30 yds penalties SC had 14 1st dw 27/86 rush 15/22/0=180 pass 4punts 14=100 yds penalties

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1316551" timestamp="1351827959"]
Summer Creek did not stretch the field tonight like I know they can.  BH did a great job shutting down their running game, but the passing lanes were there all night and Summer Creek did not try to take advantage.  I suspect they were laying low for Dayton.  If anyone is Dayton really believes you will beat Summer Creek, then we need a good bet going. 

I'll cook burgers for 20 Dayton people at a location of your choice if you beat Summer Creek. Liltex to pick the location.  Post your name here if your in.  You lose to Summer Creek you all have to put in your signature line a saying of my choosing for the remainder of this year and all of next year.  Who's in?
[/quote]

I like you SB...but, if you think sc left points on the field to "lay low" for Dayton, you're crazy

Give your team some credit!!??

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1316551" timestamp="1351827959"]
Summer Creek did not stretch the field tonight like I know they can.  BH did a great job shutting down their running game, but the passing lanes were there all night and Summer Creek did not try to take advantage.  I suspect they were laying low for Dayton.  If anyone is Dayton really believes you will beat Summer Creek, then we need a good bet going. 

I'll cook burgers for 20 Dayton people at a location of your choice if you beat Summer Creek. Liltex to pick the location.  Post your name here if your in.  You lose to Summer Creek you all have to put in your signature line a saying of my choosing for the remainder of this year and all of next year.  Who's in?
[/quote]

That's exactly what happened. Us Parents was asking each other in stands what was going on...we barely ran our sweeps, we normally go for 1st downs on some 4th downs.....I know the coach was laying low

I must have heard from Smokin 3-4 times we( BH)suck,this is gonna be a blowout,Dayton has no chance.No Denny no offense.The QB the grandson of a friend of mine Gigout did not cost Bh the game.They shot themselves in the foot 4 times.BH won the 2nd half 8-3

[quote name="liltex" post="1316571" timestamp="1351830667"]
I must have heard from Smokin 3-4 times we( BH)suck,this is gonna be a blowout,Dayton has no chance.No Denny no offense.The QB the grandson of a friend of mine Gigout did not cost Bh the game.They shot themselves in the foot 4 times.BH won the 2nd half 8-3
[/quote]liltex check your pm please

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1316529" timestamp="1351825599"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=105567.msg1316528#msg1316528 date=1351825455]
[quote author=SCDAWGS link=topic=105567.msg1316522#msg1316522 date=1351825187]
[quote author=broncoman link=topic=105567.msg1316501#msg1316501 date=1351823286]
Not even half way to 50 for SC. It is going to be a heck of a game in Dayton friday night.
[/quote]
How many did you guys put on the board ;)
[/quote]

SAME AS SC.................A "W"  ;)
[/quote]
By a 7 point margin...
[/quote]

And that was a busted play

[quote name="octfeb" post="1316535" timestamp="1351826126"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=105567.msg1316525#msg1316525 date=1351825243]
On my way home from the game.  I was not impressed by SC tonight.
[/quote] See now that is what I said when I went seen them play couple weeks ago.. And I got all kinds of  ??? ::) :o >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
[/quote]

I've seen Dayton quite a few times, and definitely not impressed with them...they have Kyle

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1316577" timestamp="1351831202"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=105567.msg1316535#msg1316535 date=1351826126]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=105567.msg1316525#msg1316525 date=1351825243]
On my way home from the game.  I was not impressed by SC tonight.
[/quote] See now that is what I said when I went seen them play couple weeks ago.. And I got all kinds of  ??? ::) :o >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
[/quote]

I've seen Dayton quite a few times, and I'm definitely impressed with them...they have Kyle
[/quote]

I AGREE.......BOUT TIME A SC FAN MAKES SOME SENSE  ;)

Until the Dayt/SC thread gets posted I'll go ahead and put it out there ,then again on the thread.I'm gonna bet the 1st poster (only 1)who responds to this Bet=Dayt loses to SC I'll donate $100 on behalf of Justin the injured kid from Brenham.Dayt wins you (bet taker) do the same.I'll deliver @ the Hamb depot Preview Show the following week-OK who's got some game now for a good cause.

just getting home out the Fog.

unless BH develops a passing game of some sort its one-n-done again in the playoffs. BH has a good D.

SC has some big WRs, they dropped a couple easy passes but overall they were good along with that QB.

SC has problems with their running game, that doesnt bode well for next week.

[b]a win is a win but i wasnt overly impressed by SC tonight, they should have beaten a BH team without its starting QB by way more than that (credit to the BH defense).....
[/b]

any news on that BH band member who passed out by the concessions?

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1316581" timestamp="1351832280"]

unless BH develops a passing game of some sort its one-n-done again in the playoffs. BH has a good D.

SC has some big WRs, they dropped a couple easy passes but overall they were good along with that QB.

[b]a win is a win but [b]i wasnt overly impressed by SC tonight, they should have beaten a BH team without its starting QB by way more than that[/b] (credit to the BH defense).....
[/b]

[/quote]
YOU WOULD HAVE SAID THE SAME THING LAST WEEK IF YOU WERE AT THE BH / DAY GAME SCOOTER  ;D HAS ALL THE MAKINGS FOR ONE HE!! OF A BALL GAME NEXT FRIDAY  ;)

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1316583" timestamp="1351832520"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=105567.msg1316581#msg1316581 date=1351832280]

[b]a win is a win but [b]i wasnt overly impressed by SC tonight, they should have beaten a BH team without its starting QB by way more than that[/b] (credit to the BH defense).....
[/b]

[/quote]
YOU WOULD HAVE SAID THE SAME THING LAST WEEK IF YOU WERE AT THE BH / DAY GAME SCOOTER  ;D HAS ALL THE MAKINGS FOR ONE HE!! OF A BALL GAME NEXT FRIDAY  ;)
[/quote]i changed my prediction on that game.  ;)

[quote name="liltex" post="1316580" timestamp="1351832028"]
Until the Dayt/SC thread gets posted I'll go ahead and put it out there ,then again on the thread.I'm gonna bet the 1st poster (only 1)who responds to this Bet=Dayt loses to SC I'll donate $100 on behalf of Justin the injured kid from Brenham.Dayt wins you (bet taker) do the same.I'll deliver @ the Hamb depot Preview Show the following week-OK who's got some game now for a good cause.
[/quote]

Liltex....  That's a great idea.  You or anybody else that is interested in helping Justin out, can make a donation at any Wells Fargo in the nation from what I've heard.  I'll check to make sure, but if not, we'll figure it out.  Y'all just let me know.  Info can be found at Foundraiser For Justin Davis facebook page.  JD is still recovering as the process will take a very long time, as i'm sure you can imagine.  He is finally able to attend the games, and even won HC king the other week.  He is in therapy and bandages after having 3 brain surgeries, but with his heart, the surgeons and doctors efforts & our prayers and generation donations, he is on the path to recovery.  Thanks to all that have and continue to pray and support this young man.  God bless!

Now for my take on the game....  SC looked like 2 different teams.  In the first half, they looked far more talented than BH.  Sharp demonstrated some great skill at the QB position.  He sold the play fake well, and had the speed and moxy to move up in the pocket when he was blitzed.  He had plenty of zip on his passes too.  I'm assuming the play calling was limited, due to next weeks show down, but you could tell that kid is the stud.  He will be ridiculously good next year when he's a senior.  The HB did well too.  He was very shifty and explosive through holes.  On defense, Allen was the strong point.  He led the speedy SC defense.  In the second half BH played better, while it seemed like SC had shifted into cruise control.  Too bad that Denny couldn't play, cuz it would have made things more interesting.  Good luck to both teams in the playoffs!

I'm sure Dayton has been watching SC since about week 3 or 4, so this laying low stuff is nonsense. I'm sure the coaches have spent the last 2 week watching every play SC has run, and vice versa.

It's going to come down to how the coaches prepare for the game, and which Markain Chambers shows up.

[quote name="Matt" post="1316632" timestamp="1351856901"]
I'm sure Dayton has been watching SC since about week 3 or 4, so this laying low stuff is nonsense. I'm sure the coaches have spent the last 2 week watching every play SC has run, and vice versa.

It's going to come down to how the coaches prepare for the game, and which Markain Chambers shows up.
[/quote]

Play calling was definitely limited.....Anybody that knows SC Football and watched them should can see that too....Our Defense was excellent last night....When the coaches pulled our #44 out that's when BH start moving ball, then they put him back in a little too late.....

Good luck to both teams next week and if I can talk somebody else into videoing the BH game, I will be at the Dayton/SC game. I will sit on the Dayton side. It was very odd seeing so many purple shirts in our stands. We had two super bad turnovers that gave them the ball way too close to the endzone. But they were throwing on us with ease in the first half. Hopefully we can fix some of that quickly. Defense on stopping the run was looking good. Lets get ready for the first round........

This game may have been closer had we not made so many mistakes on special teams. Couda...wouda...shouda. The SC qb was spot on w/his passes and was only really pressured a couple of times. I don't think we ever even touched him. BH defense did much better the 2nd half. Too many mistakes the 1st half sealed our fate in this one.

Dayton can shut down their running game but can they stop the pass? That is the question.

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1316634" timestamp="1351857700"]
[quote author=Matt link=topic=105567.msg1316632#msg1316632 date=1351856901]

[/quote]

Play calling was definitely limited.....Anybody that knows SC Football and watched them should can see that too....Our Defense was excellent last night....When the coaches pulled our #44 out that's when BH start moving ball, then they put him back in a little too late.....
[/quote]
Boy howdy, that's a slap in the face.....well, you know we only needed three or four plays to beat the Hill tonight.  Whatever dude.  You must have had a headset.

[quote name="7mary3" post="1316639" timestamp="1351858215"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=105567.msg1316634#msg1316634 date=1351857700]
[quote author=Matt link=topic=105567.msg1316632#msg1316632 date=1351856901]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Boy howdy, that's a slap in the face.....well, you know we only needed three or four plays to beat the Hill tonight.  Whatever dude.  You must have had a headset.
[/quote]

Not a slap in the face, just telling you what I saw in my opinion....some say he didn't even get in end zone on 4th and 1 I believe. game over over with, we move to next week for title game

I saw an unemotional BH team AND crowd. It looked like they used it all up when they played their "superbowl" game last week. Had they won that game then maybe the emotion would have carried over but alas they got whupped----twice in one week. That is the difference between big dogs and little pups---Big Dogs do it year after year and pups jump up and down beating their chests when they pull off an upset.

Guest Dazed and confused
Dayton Mafia you make me sick!!  What game where looking at last night.  SC dominated a team that should have beaten you last week.  SC score 24 on a d you got 13 on and was dang lucky to get that.  And the last time I looked Denny did not play defense!

[move][/move]SUMMER CREEK DISTRICT CHAMPS 10 - 0

[quote name="Dazed and confused" post="1316654" timestamp="1351860654"]
Dayton Mafia you make me sick!!  What game where looking at last night.  SC dominated a team that should have beaten you last week.  SC score 24 on a d you got 13 on and was dang lucky to get that.  And the last time I looked Denny did not play defense!

[move][/move]SUMMER CREEK DISTRICT CHAMPS 10 - 0
[/quote]
Not to mention their backup QB had a week to prepare for this game unlike last week.