I guess we're not so bad after all....

[url=http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2012/10/30/gambling-ring-found-at-youth-football-games/]http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2012/10/30/gambling-ring-found-at-youth-football-games/[/url]

DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla. (CBS Tampa/AP) — Authorities have arrested nine people, including several football coaches, they say were gambling on youth football games and setting point spreads prior to games.

Broward Sheriff’s officials searched two alleged gambling houses Monday where they say people were betting on professional, college and youth games. The nine men arrested were charged with bookmaking and some were charged with keeping a gambling house. Authorities say the suspects had direct ties to the South Florida Youth Football League and several have extensive criminal histories.
“We take these types of activities seriously and will continue to monitor the situation at our parks,” Fort Lauderdale Police Chief Frank Adderley told the South Florida Times.

According to the league’s website, it has 22 clubs and 6,000 players of all ages in three counties.

Brandon Bivins, coach and president of the Fort Lauderdale Hurricanes, was among those charged. He’s being held on $50,000 bond. It’s unclear if Bivins had an attorney.

[quote name="hvac_setx" post="1314955" timestamp="1351628852"]

......It’s unclear if Bivins had an attorney.
[/quote]
Wanna bet on if he has an attorney.  I'll take 2 to 1 he does.  Just kidding.  I had a friend tell me he knew he had a gambling problem when he bet on preseason pro games.  I can only imagine the addiction you have if you are dropping cash on youth games.  I can see the inside dealings now, "Johnny had Timmy spend the night...we gave him red bulls and monsters all night.  He'll crash by noon....don't bet on Timmy's team."

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xoxox
    Newest Member
    xoxox