Toups Graphics Week 9 2012

After an 8 and 0 prediction success last week, this weeks previews are up...

http://www.toupsgraphics.com/fridaynightlights.html

Toups Graphics is at a record 82% for the season.
Two weeks left in the regular season and then it is win or go home (regardless of the rankings).

Good luck to all the teams, the weather for this weeks games should be SPECTACULAR!!!

P4E do you have the ref uh-oh on film when we were driving south on BH @ the end of the 1st and punted to BH as clock ticked to end the qtr.Then the refs started the 2nd qtr without changing ends of the field and BH got to kick their 1st fg w/the wind instead of against.I was yelling my lungs out and neither coaching staff caught the boo boo.Worst rutro I ever witnessed

[quote name="liltex" post="1314292" timestamp="1351564835"]
P4E do you have the ref uh-oh on film when we were driving south on BH @ the end of the 1st and punted to BH as clock ticked to end the qtr.Then the refs started the 2nd qtr without changing ends of the field and BH got to kick their 1st fg w/the wind instead of against.I was yelling my lungs out and neither coaching staff caught the boo boo.Worst rutro I ever witnessed
[/quote]

Liltex I watched the replay, they dod switch.  In my best My Cousin Vinny Voice, Dear do you think it might be time for some new glasses...... ;D ;D

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1314306" timestamp="1351565315"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=105434.msg1314292#msg1314292 date=1351564835]
[/quote]

Liltex I watched the replay, they dod switch.  In my best My Cousin Vinny Voice, Dear do you think it might be time for some new glasses...... ;D ;D
[/quote]

agreed. I remember it taking a while, but I thought they did as well.

Nope,Carranco kicked off from North to South (we won the toss and deferred to have the wind @ our back)to start the 1st qtr & kicked it thru the uprights.We were driving south & could not get a 1st dwn late in the 1st w/time expiring Carranco punted on 4th dwn.Refs did not change ends of the field to start the 2nd qtr BECAUSE Thames kicked a 34 yd FG w/9:16 left in the 2nd quarter w/the wind he kicked it thru the south end uprights.Wait and see

[quote name="liltex" post="1314332" timestamp="1351566523"]
Nope,Carranco kicked off from North to South (we won the toss and deferred to have the wind @ our back)to start the 1st qtr & kicked it thru the uprights.We were driving south & could not get a 1st dwn late in the 1st w/time expiring Carranco punted on 4th dwn.Refs did not change ends of the field to start the 2nd qtr BECAUSE Thames kicked a 34 yd FG w/9:16 left in the 2nd quarter w/the wind he kicked it thru the south end uprights.Wait and see
[/quote]

Your getting confused with one of his many kicks that went near backwards........ ;D ;D 

[quote name="liltex" post="1314332" timestamp="1351566523"]
[/quote]
BH was going North away from the field house during the first quarter .... they should have been going south during the second quarter. Hence the reason Thames kicked the ball south in the 2nd quarter..... right?

for the longest time I have really enjoyed the Toups graphics predictions.  But putting Crosby and Vidor ahead of Nederland is stupid.  Nederland can and will hang with either Dayton or Summer Creek.  I am anxiously awaiting the bulldogs putting an  A$$ whipping on either Dayton or SC

[quote name="dme1111" post="1314741" timestamp="1351618167"]
for the longest time I have really enjoyed the Toups graphics predictions.  But putting Crosby and Vidor ahead of Nederland is stupid.  Nederland can and will hang with either Dayton or Summer Creek.  I am anxiously awaiting the bulldogs putting an  A$$ whipping on either Dayton or SC
[/quote]The winners of bidistrict will be #1 to #4 (it is not based on head to head competition, it is based on who is playing last).  Next week there might be more revisions as I see who is where in the brackets.  Right now in bidistrict I have Dayton beating Central, Summer Creek edging out Nederland, Crosby beating Livingston, and Vidor beating Barbers Hill.  The four winners would be #1 to #4.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1314766" timestamp="1351619363"]
[quote author=dme1111 link=topic=105434.msg1314741#msg1314741 date=1351618167]
[/quote]The winners of bidistrict will be #1 to #4 (it is not based on head to head competition, it is based on who is playing last).  Next week there might be more revisions as I see who is where in the brackets.  Right now in bidistrict I have Dayton beating Central, Summer Creek edging out Nederland, Crosby beating Livingston, and Vidor beating Barbers Hill.  The four winners would be #1 to #4.
[/quote]

I honestly don't see Central making the playoffs.

Central has Ned and LCM left.  I don't see them beating either team.

LCM has Central and Vidor left.  They probably go 1-1 in those games.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1314852" timestamp="1351624028"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=105434.msg1314766#msg1314766 date=1351619363]
[quote author=dme1111 link=topic=105434.msg1314741#msg1314741 date=1351618167]
[/quote]

I honestly don't see Central making the playoffs.

Central has Ned and LCM left.  I don't see them beating either team.

LCM has Central and Vidor left.  They probably go 1-1 in those games.
[/quote]

I think LCM will be in for sure.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1315723" timestamp="1351728742"]
With the Barbers Hill vs Summer Creek game Thursday night, Toups Graphics is posting his FEARLESS PREDICTIONS 12 hours early.

Enjoy the read and good luck to your team (regardless of my picks) this week.  Go to a game and SUPPORT the kids.
[/quote]

Coldspring is 3A not 2A and currently ranked #12. Silsbee is ranked #15 in 3A by DCTF.

Losing to West Brook this year is not a good thing.

You need to get out more. ;) ::)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1315731" timestamp="1351729885"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=105434.msg1315723#msg1315723 date=1351728742]
With the Barbers Hill vs Summer Creek game Thursday night, Toups Graphics is posting his FEARLESS PREDICTIONS 12 hours early.

Enjoy the read and good luck to your team (regardless of my picks) this week.  Go to a game and SUPPORT the kids.
[/quote]

Coldspring is 3A not 2A and currently ranked #12. Silsbee is ranked #15 in 3A by DCTF.

Losing to West Brook this year is not a good thing.

You need to get out more. ;) ::)
[/quote]Still take a team playing 2 5A teams over two 3A teams.  Makes a difference (win or lose) when you play larger schools.

Week 9 Results (minus the LCM vs Central game tonight) are posted....

Just curious...
With the Ozen victory last night, Ozen has a pretty much automatic victory over Lumberton next week.
With a Central victory tonight that could create a three way 3 and 4 record tie for 4th place.

Can someone explain the tie breaker scenario, looks like Ozen might still get in with a Central victory.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1318405" timestamp="1351948940"]

Just curious...
With the Ozen victory last night, Ozen has a pretty much automatic victory over Lumberton next week.
With a Central victory tonight that could create a three way 3 and 4 record tie for 4th place.

Can someone explain the tie breaker scenario, looks like Ozen might still get in with a Central victory.
[/quote]Sorry ....Dont see Centrtal winning tonight.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1318405" timestamp="1351948940"]

Just curious...

[/quote]
IF Central wins tonight and Ozen/Vidor take care of business next week you will have Central, Ozen, and LCM tied for 4th place. It will go to points. Here is the point breakdown

Ozen : +14
LCM :  +6  (pending tonight's game)
Central : -20 (pending tonight's game)
Note: **Points from now on mean nothing**

Central is out if they lose next week to Nederland (if Ozen beats Lumberton), regardless of tonight's score because they can't catch Ozen on points. They would be, at most +1 on the points. Ozen's +14 wouldn't change. It's a stretch but Central could still get in even if they lose to Nederland if Ozen loses next week to Lumberton and LC-M loses both games. If LCM loses this week and next week (which is required for this scenario) then Ozen is in if they beat Lumberton. So in theory, tonights game means squat for a points tiebreaker. If LCM drops its last two games, Ozen is in with a win. If LCM wins tonight, LCM has clinched since they would hold the heads up tiebreaker against Central.

Ok so summary. Points mean nothing tonight because if LCM wins, Ozen and Central are out for sure with 4 losses.. If Central wins, points still mean nothing because they will need to beat Nederland to get in as well. If they do that, they are in regardless of what the outcome of Vidor/LC-M is. Even if LC-M upsets Vidor, there is no points tie-breaker because it's two teams with 4-3 records and Central would win the heads up against LC-M.
So, in essence, Central and LC-M control their own destiny.

For Ozen to be in : W against Lumberton, a Central loss to Ned, and two LC-M losses.

For Central to be in: W against LCM AND Ned ---- OR ---- W against LC-M, Ozen loss, LC-M loss

For LC-M to be in: W against Central OR Vidor

Remember, points are established so they mean nothing from here on..

LOL Any questions??

[quote name="outanup" post="1318414" timestamp="1351949386"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=105434.msg1318405#msg1318405 date=1351948940]

Just curious...

[/quote]Sorry ....Dont see Centrtal winning tonight.
[/quote]Toups Graphics does...

Saturday night's predicted results are updated at...
Can't believe about 90% of the SETX members were saying Central would lose this one.

The Toups Graphics playoff bracket is updated at the middle of the page, below the pictures on the right.
Thanks Brenham Fan for the work

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder