Deweyville vs. New waverly. Comment predictions!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, in order for us to still be district champs, we have to beat New Waverly by 12. I think this game should be taken more serious than Corrigan, I won't predict a score, but just remember the Pirates are gonna come with their A game. Hopefully none of the unsportsmanlike conduct and all of that that happened last year will go on this year. I hope they got new refs too..

[quote name="DP8036" post="1312206" timestamp="1351359607"]
Well, in order for us to still be district champs, we have to beat New Waverly by 12. I think this game should be taken more serious than Corrigan, I won't predict a score, but just remember the Pirates are gonna come with their A game. Hopefully none of the unsportsmanlike conduct and all of that that happened last year will go on this year. I hope they got new refs too..
[/quote]
Let's focus on this year and try and forget about the game/ref's last year.  I don't want the focus on anything but the game with NW.  I have talked to my son and talked about the game, not even gonna talk about the officials. We can't control the ref's but we can make the plays and that should be what the Pirates are thinking about.  I am sure Coach Babin knows the history and will teach and practice this week accordingly.  With that being said.

Pirates - 33
NW - 20

[quote name="Eazy" post="1313682" timestamp="1351522450"]
Deweyville was beaten 57-6 by New Waverly last year.  This year New Waverly is 7-1 so far.  What has changed to think that Deweyville can win this by double digits?  Just curious.
[/quote]

Deweyville lost to Corrigan last year 49-0. This year we lost by 3 points. This will be a close game.

[quote name="Eazy" post="1313682" timestamp="1351522450"]
Deweyville was beaten 57-6 by New Waverly last year.  This year New Waverly is 7-1 so far.  What has changed to think that Deweyville can win this by double digits?  Just curious.
[/quote]

New coach means more than anybody can understand. Last year we had players out of place, the coaches did not even have practice the week before the game, Trust us You will see the diffrence at the end of the game.

[quote name="DP8036" post="1313689" timestamp="1351522908"]
[quote author=Eazy link=topic=105332.msg1313682#msg1313682 date=1351522450]
[/quote]

Deweyville lost to Corrigan last year 49-0. This year we lost by 3 points. This will be a close game.
[/quote]Well, New Waverly beat Corrigan by 21.  However, New Waverly could be overconfident based upon last year's result.  New Waverly has a stout running game and a very solid defense.  They also appear to be 100% healthy.  I think Deweyville has a shot at this but they absolutely will have to bring the A game. 

[quote name="Eazy" post="1313832" timestamp="1351532353"]
[quote author=DP8036 link=topic=105332.msg1313689#msg1313689 date=1351522908]
[quote author=Eazy link=topic=105332.msg1313682#msg1313682 date=1351522450]
[/quote]

[/quote]Well, New Waverly beat Corrigan by 21.  However, New Waverly could be overconfident based upon last year's result.  New Waverly has a stout running game and a very solid defense.  They also appear to be 100% healthy.  I think Deweyville has a shot at this but they absolutely will have to bring the A game.
[/quote]
Should be a very physical game, NW is very agressive on Def, while the Pirates love to run right at you.  Gonna come down to mistakes and penalties as most all close games do, the team making the fewest will win, Imo. Pirates have alot to prove after last year's game, and they are healthy so looking forward to a great game.

Corrigan was without their starting QB, TB, SS, back up FB, FS, CB, DE. Their back up Tailback was limping and didnt play much. he also was playing SS. Starting FB/LB was beat up and limping around. The QB was a freshman. It was not the same team Deweyville played.

[quote name="WTB" post="1314210" timestamp="1351559247"]
Corrigan was without their starting QB, TB, SS, back up FB, FS, CB, DE. Their back up Tailback was limping and didnt play much. he also was playing SS. Starting FB/LB was beat up and limping around. The QB was a freshman. It was not the same team Deweyville played.
[/quote]Good point.

I've seen the stats that New Waverly put on the injured Corrigan team a couple weeks ago. I've watched film on them against Anderson-Shiro. When you're halftime score with Anderson is 15-14, that doesn't impress a lot of people. We had Anderson beat 38-0 at the end of the first quarter.

[quote name="DP8036" post="1314250" timestamp="1351561298"]
I've seen the stats that New Waverly put on the injured Corrigan team a couple weeks ago. I've watched film on them against Anderson-Shiro. When you're halftime score with Anderson is 15-14, that doesn't impress a lot of people. We had Anderson beat 38-0 at the end of the first quarter.
[/quote]NW took them for granted.  When it came time to play in the 2nd half, they dropped about 5 TD's on them.  I don't think that game is a very good comparison.  The Corrigan game really isn't either since NW played them when Corrigan was short handed.  Hard to say what might happen this week.  New Waverly still has to be the favorite until Deweyville beats them.  I think I just might go to the game unless it's freezing.  Should be a good one.

[quote name="Eazy" post="1314278" timestamp="1351563876"]
[quote author=DP8036 link=topic=105332.msg1314250#msg1314250 date=1351561298]
[/quote]NW took them for granted.  When it came time to play in the 2nd half, they dropped about 5 TD's on them.  I don't think that game is a very good comparison.  The Corrigan game really isn't either since NW played them when Corrigan was short handed.  Hard to say what might happen this week.  New Waverly still has to be the favorite until Deweyville beats them.  I think I just might go to the game unless it's freezing.  Should be a good one.
[/quote]

I can pretty much guarantee it's goin to be freezing lol

[quote name="WTB" post="1314210" timestamp="1351559247"]
[/quote]
CC was down alot of starters/good players for the NW game, CC is a very good team when they are healthy and on the field, NW caught them at the right time.  Unfortunately injuries are part of the game. Hope CC gets everyone back in the lineup for the playoffs.

I think New Waverly may be the luckiest and most inconsistent 7-1 team in the state. They squeak by 1A Lovelady 12-6 and 1A Normangee 21-19. They pull off a big win in the opener against a pretty good Woodville team, beat a decent Groveton team, pound a banged up CC team but struggle with Anderson-Shiro for 2.5 quarters. I say the Bulldogs are finally exposed and the luck runs out. Pirates with a big win:

Deweyville - 41

New Waverly - 24

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder