Dayton at Barbers Hill Game Thread/Dayton wins 13-6.

WOSgrad

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="cornhusker" post="1312031" timestamp="1351354017"]
You Bronco fans are legends in your own minds. Barbie Hill played with lights out with the mighty Broncos and I all read was the whipping they were going to get. Keep running them mouths and see where that gets you.
[/quote] really legends in our own minds?  17 years straight in the playoffs... i would consider that to be legend. SMH

[quote name="cornhusker" post="1312454" timestamp="1351373150"]
As I have said Some Broncho fans are legends in there own minds period. By the way is Stewart still roaming the sidelines at the games.
[/quote] seems to me your just a little jealous. Like I said 17 STRAIGHT BABY. Dont be haten.. just come on over to the purple. We will let you in...

As I have said Some Broncho fans are legends in there own minds period. By the way is Stewart still roaming the sidelines at the games.
[/quote]

We can see that's your favorite cliche.... just wonder what exactly brought on the desire to use it..... Is it because we support our team like you do yours? Is it because we look at our team's history, record and stats to back what we say (like Ned has)? Just fill me in....

As far as the 2nd part goes.... why do you care?

[quote name="cornhusker" post="1312568" timestamp="1351379697"]
[b]You guys are easy.[/b] Dont get so rattled over a little ribbing. I thought I was reading Vidor post at first.
[/quote] ::) Sure .... if you say so... You said how you really felt.. Now your gonna try turn it around to make it look like you were kidding because we countered your comments with truth.

It cracks me us seeing Dayton fans trying to pass our back-up QB as "not much of a difference" or "better than denny".....  "Come on man", let's be real and for those that have watched every game have seen both play a lot of downs.  Our back-up offeres a slight different threat, but Denny runs that offense to near perfection, so yes it is a BIG drop-off. 

Another "mis-remember".....BH DI NOT blitz all night.  We blitzed one time, it was just our D-Line was kicking your tails.  Trust me I almost lost my voice yelling for a 3rd and long blitz "all night".

One last issue, Yall need to get some training wheels on #74.  That kid was on the ground more than on his feet......... ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1312742" timestamp="1351389989"]
It cracks me us seeing Dayton fans trying to pass our back-up QB as "not much of a difference" or "better than denny".....  "Come on man", let's be real and for those that have watched every game have seen both play a lot of downs.  Our back-up offeres a slight different threat, but[size=36pt][b] Denny runs that offense to near perfection, so yes it is a BIG drop-off.  [/b] [/size]
Another "mis-remember".....BH DI NOT blitz all night.  [size=36pt][b]We blitzed one time[/b][/size], it was just our D-Line was kicking your tails.  Trust me I almost lost my voice yelling for a 3rd and long blitz "all night".

[/quote]

[b][size=36pt]EXCUSE ALERT!!![/size][/b]

Let's keep a list.

[color=blue]1. Our QB went down.
2. We only blitzed once.[/color]

;D ;D

As I have said Some Broncho fans are legends in there own minds period. [u][b]By the way is Stewart still roaming the sidelines at the games[/b][/u].
[/quote]

Thats right baby...still at the helm and righting the ship when necessary...

[quote name="dayton" post="1312747" timestamp="1351390367"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=105294.msg1312742#msg1312742 date=1351389989]
It cracks me us seeing Dayton fans trying to pass our back-up QB as "not much of a difference" or "better than denny".....  "Come on man", let's be real and for those that have watched every game have seen both play a lot of downs.  Our back-up offeres a slight different threat, but[size=36pt][b] Denny runs that offense to near perfection, so yes it is a BIG drop-off.  [/b] [/size]
Another "mis-remember".....BH DI NOT blitz all night.  [size=36pt][b]We blitzed one time[/b][/size], it was just our D-Line was kicking your tails.  Trust me I almost lost my voice yelling for a 3rd and long blitz "all night".

[/quote]

[b][size=36pt]EXCUSE ALERT!!![/size][/b]

Let's keep a list.

[color=blue]1. Our QB went down.
2. We only blitzed once.[/color]

;D ;D
[/quote] Didn't he make a thread specifically for that? 

It cracks me us seeing Dayton fans trying to pass our back-up QB as "not much of a difference" or "better than denny".....  "Come on man", let's be real and for those that have watched every game have seen both play a lot of downs.  Our back-up offeres a slight different threat, but Denny runs that offense to near perfection, so yes it is a BIG drop-off. 

Another "mis-remember".....BH DI NOT blitz all night.  We blitzed one time, it was just our D-Line was kicking your tails.  Trust me I almost lost my voice yelling for a 3rd and long blitz "all night".

One last issue, Yall need to get some training wheels on #74.  That kid was on the ground more than on his feet......... ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]didnt dayton play bh without our mvp last year. Fact is injuries happen. Watch the film denny had negative yards rushing when he was in and would not have been any better. Daytons defense was locked in.

[/quote]You should be eating more crow and talking less you got something like 9000 bites to go . I wasn't impressed with your starting QB and much as the back-up it didn't matter anyway because BH had great field position all night and your down hill runnig game got complettly dominated by the best defense in the house. ;D ;D ;D

[/quote]
I thought the back-up handed off to #36 about as well as Denny did.  8)

The Eagles do not have a passing game and their back is just a big back and gains yards due to his size. I did not see any speed from him at all last night. People can believe what they want but I was at the game also and I believe the score would have been much larger in Daytons favor if the wind was not such a issue. Not a excuse. Just a fact and we still won...............I will say their defense is very good and their line did cause havoc all night.

O wind=Differant game for Dayton game plan.Lucky for non throwing BH the weather played right into their game plan.Coach when we gonna scrap that rugby kick stuff?Gets JC out of his rythm,I can tell by facial expressions he doesn't feel comfortable w/it so he shanks it.

[quote name="Broncofan65" post="1312896" timestamp="1351405592"]
The Eagles do not have a passing game and their back is just a big back and gains yards due to his size. I did not see any speed from him at all last night. People can believe what they want but I was at the game also and I believe the score would have been much larger in Daytons favor if the wind was not such a issue. Not a excuse. Just a fact and we still won...............I will say their defense is very good and their line did cause havoc all night.
[/quote]

Strongly disagree!!!  I was at the game too and although the wind was a pain in the "a" for everybody, completions were made 50% of the time for Dayton and 75% of the time for BH.  You guys are supposed to have a studly backfield with break away threats.  1. You had less rushing yards. 2. less first downs. 3. more punts. 4.  less passing yards; albeit by 1 yard than BH.    If anything, the wind disrupted your coaches more than it disrupted your passing game.  You guys (as per stats on Chron.com) avg 7.6 pass completions per game and guess what 7 completions this game.  Yes, Dayton won and like I said, congratulations on a hard fought win; but c'mon guys, BH shut down your vaunted offense just as Dayton shut down BH's.  Call it for what it was, a helluva game with a good plan by both coaching staffs and leave it at that. 

[quote name="Eagle82" post="1312973" timestamp="1351439081"]
[quote author=Broncofan65 link=topic=105294.msg1312896#msg1312896 date=1351405592]
[/quote]

Strongly disagree!!!  I was at the game too and although the wind was a pain in the "a" for everybody, completions were made 50% of the time for Dayton and 75% of the time for BH.  You guys are supposed to have a studly backfield with break away threats.  1. You had less rushing yards. 2. less first downs. 3. more punts. 4.  less passing yards; albeit by 1 yard than BH.    If anything, the wind disrupted your coaches more than it disrupted your passing game.  You guys (as per stats on Chron.com) avg 7.6 pass completions per game and guess what 7 completions this game.  Yes, Dayton won and like I said, congratulations on a hard fought win; but c'mon guys, BH shut down your vaunted offense just as Dayton shut down BH's.  Call it for what it was, a helluva game with a good plan by both coaching staffs and leave it at that.
[/quote]
I agree with you Eagle. If I remember the fleflicker reverse we ran and completed was against the wind. Dayton I believe had a long throw against the wind as well. I was surprised that Dayton didn't go down field more with the wind against their back. Dayton hit a crossing route for big play and never went back to that play or anything down field. Still scratching my head on that play calling by the Broncos. I know some of it had to do with pressure from our D, but you can only asnap to the QB and run left and right so much. That won't get it done in a couple of weeks. Anyways that's my insight for what it's worth. ;D

Denny is a game changer and unless you have been to all our games you don't see what he does. We are a different team without him and we would have opened up the play book later and thrown on y'all. And Denny has a cannon.
Going back and looking and also seeing all the comments, the refs were screwing up all night. Bad for both teams.
Great win for Dayton. Now let's all shut these other 4A people up. We are going to give SC hell and might shock the world with a win.

Daytons qb had open receivers all night but would not pull the trigger. Thats why he got yanked towards the end of the first half. Im not going to blame the weather both teams had to play in it. Both defenses played great and dayton pulled it out. Even our kicker who I consider to be one of the best kept shanking punts and giving bh good field position. It was a strange night.

[quote name="BHjustwin" post="1313028" timestamp="1351445588"]
Denny is a game changer and unless you have been to all our games you don't see what he does. We are a different team without him and we would have opened up the play book later and thrown on y'all. And Denny has a cannon.
Going back and looking and also seeing all the comments, the refs were screwing up all night. Bad for both teams.
Great win for Dayton. Now let's all shut these other 4A people up. We are going to give SC heck and might shock the world with a win.
[/quote]

So why will it be a shock?? Will Denny play Thursday? Tell him we want him to play

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder