Kirbyville at Woodville Game Thread/Kirbyville wins 51-27!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="goldenarm" post="1311720" timestamp="1351315064"]
Good job by kville!  coaches had a good game plan for us. the only exception was that 4th and 1. Kville kids executed and never let up. welcome back to the playoffs.
[/quote]
Not quite. Point difference goes to Woodville in a three-way tie. Read my other post in the "who makes the playoffs in 10-2A". Maybe thatll help you understand.

Kville now holds the points tiebreaker in the event of a three way tie. Kville is at a +5, Woodville is at 0, and anahauc is at -5. This is per the district points scale. Woodville beat anahauc by 21 then got beat by 24. The maximum points allowed is 21 so this puts Woodville at 0. Anahuac beat kville by 16 but lost to Woodville by 21 thus putting them at the -5. Kville lost to Anahuac by 16 but beat woodville by 24 but could only use 21 of those points which put them at +5. If all three teams end up tied kville will be third place team and advance.

[quote name="wizdiz" post="1311758" timestamp="1351317314"]
Kville now holds the points tiebreaker in the event of a three way tie. Kville is at a +5, Woodville is at 0, and anahauc is at -5. This is per the district points scale. Woodville beat anahauc by 21 then got beat by 24. The maximum points allowed is 21 so this puts Woodville at 0. Anahuac beat kville by 16 but lost to Woodville by 21 thus putting them at the -5. Kville lost to Anahuac by 16 but beat woodville by 24 but could only use 21 of those points which put them at +5. If all three teams end up tied kville will be third place team and advance.
[/quote]
Okay. First, Woodville beat Anahuac 34-7. 27 points. Kville got beat by Anahuac, 32-16. 16 points. Kirbyville beat Woodville by 24. Which leaves Kville 19 points behind Woodville. And Anahuac behind Woodville. Not sure how the district points scale works, but your numbers are off.

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1311775" timestamp="1351318153"]
[quote author=wizdiz link=topic=105285.msg1311758#msg1311758 date=1351317314]
[/quote]
Okay. First, Woodville beat Anahuac 34-7. 27 points. Kville got beat by Anahuac, 32-16. 16 points. Kirbyville beat Woodville by 24. Which leaves Kville 19 points behind Woodville. And Anahuac behind Woodville. Not sure how the district points scale works, but your numbers are off.
[/quote]
Even if my numbers are off a little the point was that 21 points was the max points you could y use as far as the tiebreaker goes. Woodville got 21 against anahauc and lost 21 against kville leaving them sitting at 0. Anahauc got 16 against kville and lost 21 aginst woodville leaving them sitting at -5. Kville got 21 against Woodville and lost 16 against Anahauc leaving them sitting at +5. This is how the tiebreaker works. If you dont believe me go ask your head coach, he will tell you the same thing I just did.

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1311775" timestamp="1351318153"]
[quote author=wizdiz link=topic=105285.msg1311758#msg1311758 date=1351317314]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Eagles, I am from Woodville and ville shot themselves in the foot. Should not of even had to come down to this. I think Woodville still will make it though!!!

If kville wins out, both anahuac and woodville lose 1 more time, they are in. Whizdiz is right in a 3 way tie kville holds the tie breaker. Point cap is 21.  Woodville and anahuac both still have to play newton or ec.  As far as the 4th and short, too many factors came into play. The wind was a major factor. played a part in field position all night. In my opinion, if you punt there you probably get the same result. Plus that was the only time woodville stopped the cats all night. Had a good play call, woodville just made a play and got a very favorable spot. Up by 1 with 7 minutes left to go in the game, the cats knew what they had to do to get the points in their favor and stepped on the gas.  Great game plan and the deuce (#2 Haywood) was loose. Take it one game at a time. Kville playoffs started last night.

[quote name="bulldog16" post="1311895" timestamp="1351347113"]
If kville wins out, both anahuac and woodville lose 1 more time, they are in. Whizdiz is right in a 3 way tie kville holds the tie breaker. Point cap is 21.  Woodville and anahuac both still have to play newton or ec.  As far as the 4th and short, too many factors came into play. The wind was a major factor. played a part in field position all night. In my opinion, if you punt there you probably get the same result. Plus that was the only time woodville stopped the cats all night. Had a good play call, woodville just made a play and got a very favorable spot. Up by 1 with 7 minutes left to go in the game, the cats knew what they had to do to get the points in their favor and stepped on the gas.  Great game plan and the deuce (#2 Haywood) was loose. Take it one game at a time. Kville playoffs started last night.
[/quote]
With Haywood back the Cats should be in great shape ....now when is Brooks going to return or did he play Friday?

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="mytwocents" post="1312954" timestamp="1351436654"]
Hmmmmm wonder where all the kville haters are at now???  ;D  ::)
[/quote]Not a Kirbyville hater, just a kvillecats hater ;D

[quote name="purpleeagle" post="1313068" timestamp="1351450661"]
Kirbyville will win out
Anahuac will lose to E Chambers
Woodville will lose to Newton
three way tie  --  Kirbyville is plus 8 -- Woodville is plus 2 --  Anahuac is minus 11.

thats my story and I'm sticking to it.
[/quote]
You are right on accounts except the points....21 is the cap...Kville is a +5, Woodville is at 0 and Anahuac is at -5...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
  • Topics