PORT NECHES-GROVES AT VIDOR BROADCAST/Vidor wins 49-13!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="77" post="1312943" timestamp="1351435590"]
4.3? Better recalibrate that clock!
[/quote]Call the Port Neches coaches....they are the ones that timed him. BTW, he is getting looked at by colleges just for his speed 'cause he ain't that big. Also, pro scouts for baseball have looked at him too. So yes he actuallly is getting alot of looks because of his speed. That is why many are frustrated for him just playing defense. One of Faircloths philosophy is to not play kids both ways, but sometimes you have exceptional kids that should go both ways...

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pope could be looking at him, I've seen him play, he's not even in the same zip code of 4.37, that's laughable.  And to use the PNG coaches as a reference is a joke, all my grandkids are the cutest too.  Kid is fast, maybe 4.5ish, and yes he should be getting touches on offense, why does your head coach who knows more than Bill Walsh himself not have the ball in his hands at least 4-5 times a game???

[quote name="FrodoNDN" post="1313207" timestamp="1351463527"]
[quote author=77 link=topic=105267.msg1312943#msg1312943 date=1351435590]
4.3? Better recalibrate that clock!
[/quote]Call the Port Neches coaches....they are the ones that timed him. BTW, he is getting looked at by colleges just for his speed 'cause he ain't that big. Also, pro scouts for baseball have looked at him too. So yes he actuallly is getting alot of looks because of his speed. That is why many are frustrated for him just playing defense. One of Faircloths philosophy is to not play kids both ways, but sometimes you have exceptional kids that should go both ways...
[/quote]
Dang. If this true then Justin Moore and Montana Quirante of Vidor must run a 4.2 cuz noone from png got close to them on there 60+ TD's, including your "4.3" guy.  8) ;D

[quote name="Brubaker" post="1313237" timestamp="1351464942"]
On  another topic, I think Tony Brown from Ozen, does run a 4.37, if not better.  He is sick fast, and big.  He will be the next Earl Thomas from this area.  Hoping UT gets him, they could use a DB or 10.
[/quote]

Texas A&M, not tu.

[quote name="Brubaker" post="1313229" timestamp="1351464442"]
The Pope could be looking at him, I've seen him play, he's not even in the same zip code of 4.37, that's laughable.  And to use the PNG coaches as a reference is a joke, all my grandkids are the cutest too.  Kid is fast, maybe 4.5ish, and yes he should be getting touches on offense, why does your head coach who knows more than Bill Walsh himself not have the ball in his hands at least 4-5 times a game???
[/quote]Ok, so the info comes from the coaches and most of the kids that were there when he did it. He has been timed more than 8 times at that speed. Is it a combine type 40 with the laser watches, no, but it ain't that far off. He does have some official times in the 100 that are faster than Ceaser from LCM. He is running track this year and is expected to go to State. He didn't run track last year because he wanted to focus on baseball. We will have to see. He has been consistently running 4.4 flat for awhile now. You said you have seen him, have you been there when he has run the 40? Or just on the football field. Did you see him against WOS on the 100 yard return. Nobody could catch him. He doesn't get alot kicked his way because most coaches have scouted him. The St. Louis Cardinals have contacted his dad so for a high school kid he must have something going. Watch him steal bases on the baseball field and then question his speed. He is getting alot of looks for baseball and not football because he is small. He has had some calls for football though. Many people here have asked why he is not on offense. He said it is because as a freshman he dropped alot of passes, but he's a senior now, I'd give him a try.

[quote name="FrodoNDN" post="1313378" timestamp="1351476173"]
[quote author=Brubaker link=topic=105267.msg1313229#msg1313229 date=1351464442]
[/quote]Ok, so the info comes from the coaches and most of the kids that were there when he did it. He has been timed more than 8 times at that speed. Is it a combine type 40 with the laser watches, no, but it ain't that far off. He does have some official times in the 100 that are faster than Ceaser from LCM. He is running track this year and is expected to go to State. He didn't run track last year because he wanted to focus on baseball. We will have to see. He has been consistently running 4.4 flat for awhile now. You said you have seen him, have you been there when he has run the 40? Or just on the football field. Did you see him against WOS on the 100 yard return. Nobody could catch him. He doesn't get alot kicked his way because most coaches have scouted him. The St. Louis Cardinals have contacted his dad so for a high school kid he must have something going. Watch him steal bases on the baseball field and then question his speed. He is getting alot of looks for baseball and not football because he is small. He has had some calls for football though. Many people here have asked why he is not on offense. He said it is because as a freshman he dropped alot of passes, but he's a senior now, I'd give him a try.
[/quote]Just curious, where and when were the Official times that are better then Sezars?

[quote name="outanup" post="1313382" timestamp="1351476714"]
[quote author=FrodoNDN link=topic=105267.msg1313378#msg1313378 date=1351476173]
[/quote]Just curious, where and when were the Official times that are better then Sezars?
[/quote]Not real sure but can find out where that info comes from.

[quote name="FrodoNDN" post="1313378" timestamp="1351476173"]
[/quote]

I'm not dissing the kid, I'm saying he's not sub 4.4, he's just not.  Thanks for the resume' though, he's a talent, but he's never run a sub 4.4 in his life, I can guarantee that. Hope to see him in the World Series in a couple of years playing with the Cardinals... Oh and by the way, I'd put him in a foot race tomorrow with Michael Shaw, you remember him, the kid that buckled him on that TD pass, and bet the house.

[quote name="Brubaker" post="1313388" timestamp="1351477003"]
[quote author=FrodoNDN link=topic=105267.msg1313378#msg1313378 date=1351476173]
[/quote]

I'm not dissing the kid, I'm saying he's not sub 4.4, he's just not.  Thanks for the resume' though, he's a talent, but he's never run a sub 4.4 in his life, I can guarantee that. Hope to see him in the World Series in a couple of years playing with the Cardinals... Oh and by the way, I'd put him in a foot race tomorrow with Michael Shaw, you remember him, the kid that buckled him on that TD pass, and bet the house.
[/quote]Again, just telling you what many have told me. Have I stood there and watched him run it ...no, but the people who have I trust very much and it is more than just one. Wish I could show you a laser stop watch time. Don't have one. Based on him he is running track this year for better recruiting hopes. So we will see. Believe me it was hard for me to believe a white kid from Port Neches could run that fast but he does. As far as the World series thing, well that is cute....I am just saying for a Pro team to contact you, you surely have some swag. Is Michael Shaw going to run track?

[quote name="Brubaker" post="1313407" timestamp="1351478433"]
So the question becomes, with the superior coaching at the Reservation, how does a guy that run a sub 4.5, not get the ball in his hands on offense?
[/quote]That's my beef...your words are "Superior" not mine...many more here have been asking the same question. The only answer we get is that FC does not play kids both ways. This is true for the most part which frustrates the hell out of me......

[quote name="outanup" post="1313413" timestamp="1351478748"]
[quote author=FrodoNDN link=topic=105267.msg1313402#msg1313402 date=1351478089]
Just found out Lamar Combine has a Laser time of 4.42 for Clark....
[/quote]Is there a link where I could see all these times?
[/quote]Maybe, I check into it.....give me some time, 'bout to hit the sack...

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1313424" timestamp="1351479461"]
Usain bolt runs a freaking 4.34 and your telling me this high school kid runs a 4.37? Yeah right. I'll believe it when I see an article or an actual time sheet from a track meet or combine.
[/quote]Where did you get this 40 time for Bolt? I have found some estimates that have him at sub 4 but most say 4.0 or 4.1, Thing about Bolt is that he has a slow start, but turns the after burners on as he builds speed....Did he run a combine style 40? DO you have an article?

out of curiosity, i did a little research on the Olympic Gold Medalist as it relates to a 40 yrd dash. 4.3-4.4 may be close but it's 40 meters and not yards. anyway, i found this:

[url=http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_40_yard_dash_time_of_Usain_Bolt]http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_40_yard_dash_time_of_Usain_Bolt[/url]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder