The Future

ram0524

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1309149" timestamp="1351167254"]
I see the next two or three years dc being decided between the vidor and png games with Ned, central, and ozen in the mix as well.
[/quote]
Next year I would not throw Nederland out of the mix for district champs, we have some talented Sophmores and Juniors

[quote name="JohnSmith" post="1309231" timestamp="1351175111"]
Let's just say 20 4a does not want Dayton in their district next round of realignment.  That way only one of you will get a beating in the 1st round of playoffs instead all of you ;) ;)...oh wait for it! :o
[/quote]
>:( ;D

[quote name="ram0524" post="1309154" timestamp="1351167502"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=105187.msg1309149#msg1309149 date=1351167254]
I see the next two or three years dc being decided between the vidor and png games with Ned, central, and ozen in the mix as well.
[/quote]
Next year I would not throw Nederland out of the mix for district champs, we have some talented Sophmores and Juniors
[/quote]

Nederland will be VERY good again next year and probably the following year. The sophomore and junior class is very good. I am concerned about the depth of the freshman class though. We lost several kids to basketball. We do have a couple game changers on that freshman team though that will start paying dividends on varsity as soon as next year.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1309311" timestamp="1351179916"]
[b][u]Top Players In The Near Future[/u][/b]

QB Walter Thomas  SOPH
HB Tyler Watts  JR
HB Earnest Patterson  SOPH
*CB/HB Darrion Johnson  JR
LB Desmond Lockett  JR
OL Austin Schlottman  JR

* - Gamebreaker
[/quote]

NOT SO FAST! There is a great NoseTackle from Silsbee by the name of Seth Adams, hes a junior, 6' 265 lbs. , and won District newcomer of the year after playing HALF of a district game, his season was short bc of an injury. I am sure he will get alot of D1  offers soon. The kid can play his position very well!! #62!

NOT SO FAST!
I think he was listing Brenham futures.

Nederland will be very good through this Soph class. Seay will be a very good QB and they return Wash, Malveaux, Brown etc nxt year. I agree after soph class it gets a little dry (#44 on fresh team is a load).

PNG freshman are very talented. Adam Morse is legit at QB. Giblin at LB and several good WRs (#4 and #15) including Cropper and some big aggressive linemen. Sophs include Walker, Peveto, Lane, Romero, Murdoch, Smith, Mayfield, Benoit, Halfin, Hughes and Sparks. Lots of good headsy football players that will make impacts next year.

[quote name="badndn" post="1309380" timestamp="1351183868"]
NOT SO FAST!

Nederland will be very good through this Soph class. Seay will be a very good QB and they return Wash, Malveaux, Brown etc nxt year. I agree after soph class it gets a little dry (#44 on fresh team is a load).

PNG freshman are very talented. Adam Morse is legit at QB. Giblin at LB and several good WRs (#4 and #15) including Cropper and some big aggressive linemen. Sophs include Walker, Peveto, Lane, Romero, Murdoch, Smith, Mayfield, Benoit, Halfin, Hughes and Sparks. Lots of good headsy football players that will make impacts next year.
[/quote]
paha not at all.. just the big kid from Silsbee #62 Adams!

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1309341" timestamp="1351182075"]
I just don't see Ned replacing that line and that secondary. Yeah I have no doubt they will be good but I don't see them being dc good. That's a lot of experience and size to replace in that defense. Not to mention there starting qb.
[/quote]

We will still have Washington, he is a junior.

NOT SO FAST!

[/quote]

I'm also hearing a lot of good things about our 8th graders this year.

If all goes well, next year will be good, the year after that will be better and the year after that will be one to remember.

NOT SO FAST!

[/quote]

Not to mention Hopkins on offense. :)  As far as QBs go, we usually don't have a problem with that, they grow on trees in Nederland.  LOL. :)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1309311" timestamp="1351179916"]

QB Walter Thomas  SOPH
HB Tyler Watts  JR
LB Desmond Lockett  JR
OL Austin Schlottman  JR

* - Gamebreaker
[/quote]Are ya'll ever going to run out of Schlottman's?

Bh[quote name="dayton" post="1309449" timestamp="1351188242"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=105187.msg1309447#msg1309447 date=1351188000]
BH's vasity is currently young and the underclass are very good.  I'll say at least the next 4 years we should be set.
[/quote]

any idea how ya'lls freshman has done this year?
[/quote]bh freshman are descent. I know they have 1 loss to ck and maybe one more but im not sure. Daytons freshman last year and this year are 2 of the best I have seen. I look for about 5 of the kids on this freshman squad to be huge playmakers on varsity next year. Dayton has more young talent on varsity this year than anyone in our district.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1309341" timestamp="1351182075"]
I just don't see Ned replacing that line and that secondary. Yeah I have no doubt they will be good but I don't see them being dc good. That's a lot of experience and size to replace in that defense. [b]Not to mention there starting qb.[/b][/quote]You should be worrying about replacing YOUR starting qb. He accounts for over half of y'alls offense. That kid covers up a lot of y'alls weaknesses with his ability to keep the offense on the field 3 or 4 yards at a time. After he graduates it's a lot more likely Vidor goes back to struggling to make the playoffs vs competing for district championships. Based on this year's stats so far Crosby has the best set of returning skill players in the district and I won't even make predictions like that. Coogs are going to return over 4,000 yards of offense and 8 of 11 starters, but I guess when you play in a district where 2-5 Central is still in it that's not that far of a reach.

I'm not sure what the 7th grade record is but they have several fine looking athletes. 8th grade lost one game 6-0 to NS but have two freaks that will play big time D1 football. Freshman team has some awesome athletes but no qb. JV is very good but jv's are usually the least relevant 'cause the sophs. that play varsity usually don't play jv. Crosby is poised to start pumping a lot more kids into the noteworthy collegiate programs with this passing attack. We've always had great athletes but now we have an offense to showcase them. It's already starting with Raelon Singleton and Justin Walter. Raelon didn't play last year 'cause of Flannigan, and Justin was playing DB. 

[quote name="JohnSmith" post="1309475" timestamp="1351190114"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=105187.msg1309311#msg1309311 date=1351179916]

QB Walter Thomas  SOPH
HB Tyler Watts  JR
LB Desmond Lockett  JR
OL Austin Schlottman  JR

* - Gamebreaker
[/quote]Are ya'll ever going to run out of Schlottman's?
[/quote]

Lol.  We try to stock up like y'all do on Carranco's.  You know how that goes!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder