Junior Scores

55-0...Ever heard of running the clock. You can say what you want but scoring 55 in a youth football game is ridiculous. I don't care if you have your 3rd string in. That's classless on behalf of the coaching staff. I have been in this league since the stjfl formed and have never seen a score like that.So that tells me once they got up by 28-0 they couldn't have had a continuous running clock, and they should have. They should be punished for posting a score like that, so much for teaching your kids sportsmanship they should be ashamed of themselves, the coaching staff that is.

[quote name="Gucci" post="1306213" timestamp="1350801651"]
55-0...Ever heard of running the clock. You can say what you want but scoring 55 in a youth football game is ridiculous. I don't care if you have your 3rd string in. That's classless on behalf of the coaching staff. I have been in this league since the stjfl formed and have never seen a score like that.So that tells me once they got up by 28-0 they couldn't have had a continuous running clock, and they should have. They should be punished for posting a score like that, so much for teaching your kids sportsmanship they should be ashamed of themselves, the coaching staff that is.
[/quote]I was there at the game. They put the 3rd string offense in the first half. You might want to get the facts straight.  The PNG coach kept throwing it EVERY down and Vidor had at least 3 interception returns for touchdowns. We wanted to run the clock, but apparently the PNG coach didn't . Also after 41 was put up on the scoreboard our scorekeeper would not put anymore points on the scoreboard for Vidor(so it showed 41). Also he did run the clock in the 4th just to get the game over with. What would you like to tell the 9-10 year old third string running back to do? Just take a knee? 
Also there were fumbles that the refs would point vidor ball and the Vidor coaches said "no they were down". (PNG football.)
  It amazes me how PNG  always has one AWESOME team and  the other one(s) are horrible. If you really want to gripe go to a PNG Draft and voice your concerns.
When a coach throws the ball every other down (after getting his hat handed to him)and stops the clock, or risks the ball being intercepted he is just prolonging the game. Not very smart in my opinion. If you weren't there, get back on your high horse and keep your mouth shut.
  And before you say I am hiding behind a screen name. Ny name is Corey Berg  everyone knows me on here and I am not hard to find. So before you say what you would do if you knew me, save it. I been around this league too for a longtime. And of course we have tape to prove that there was no intentions of running up the score. Now go polish your Halo and say a prayer for those mean ol' Vidor coaches who should be ashamed of them selves! Please get a life! ::)

[quote name="Bmt Pride" post="1306291" timestamp="1350832194"]
Sounds identical to Bmt B peewee situation a few weeks ago and their head coaches got suspended for 2 weeks. Hope stjfl steps in on this one too. It would be bad press for them to punish one team while letting another slide.
[/quote]Don't know what happened there. But there is only so much a coach can do or not do.
They can ask the refs on this one because they even wondered what the PNG coach was thinking. They would for sure say Vidor did everything they could to keep the score down.

[quote name="piratefan" post="1306294" timestamp="1350832484"]
[quote author=Bmt Pride link=topic=104974.msg1306291#msg1306291 date=1350832194]
Sounds identical to Bmt B peewee situation a few weeks ago and their head coaches got suspended for 2 weeks. Hope stjfl steps in on this one too. It would be bad press for them to punish one team while letting another slide.
[/quote]Don't know what happened there. But there is only so much a coach can do or not do.
They can ask the refs on this one because they even wondered what the PNG coach was thinking. They would for sure say Vidor did everything they could to keep the score down.

[/quote]

Well im sure u r being truthful the same as Bmt B was when they said they did everything they could not to score and honestly i hope nothing happens for this (i was just jokin on the earlier post) but this sounds very similar to Bmt B and their coaches were punished. Good luck to yall and i hope yall dont have a target on ur back now

Just to reiterate what was said before...EVERYTHING was done to prevent the score from being run up. 2nd & 3rd string offenses were put in the game after the half.  The scoreboard was not displayed accurately as to not discourage the boys.  Vidor coaches ask that the clock be run continuously. 
At what point does the opposing team need to own up to the fact that maybe they just gave up?  The Vidor boys on this team are a very talented, well-coached group of boys.  Even our 3rd string has a lot of talent.  Should they go out on the field & just take a knee every snap because someone else decided not to play ball?  Coaches, Parents, Players, & Refs all asked for this game to end quickly & PNG decided they wanted to continue playing & stopping the clock yet VIDOR gets blamed? 
I understand losing a game is hard for anyone, but also lets think about those 3 string boys that may not get to play that position very often.  Would it be fair to them to say we're gonna put you in, but don't do anything?  Unless you were there & saw the effort put in by Vidor coaches to get the game over with please don't cast stones.

[quote name="Bmt Pride" post="1306302" timestamp="1350833350"]
[quote author=piratefan link=topic=104974.msg1306294#msg1306294 date=1350832484]
[quote author=Bmt Pride link=topic=104974.msg1306291#msg1306291 date=1350832194]

[/quote].

Well im sure u r being truthful the same as Bmt B was when they said they did everything they could not to score and honestly i hope nothing happens for this (i was just jokin on the earlier post) but this sounds very similar to Bmt B and their coaches were punished. Good luck to yall and i hope yall dont have a target on ur back now
[/quote]good luck to yall as well. Sorry that happened to yalls staff and players..

[quote name="Bmt Pride" post="1306291" timestamp="1350832194"]
[/quote]

Fact.........

BMT's PW situation involved having a starter handle the ball after reaching a point spread of 28. A rules violation cause the punishment.

If you reply to this then you are proving how much you really know.

Great class on the Lum W coaching staff on playing Ned G, we had a tough season.  Thanks for letting the kids have fun, the score could have been alot worse, i know this, once again thanks for the class, Coach Chuck.  Wish you the best of luck, i will be there in super bowl when you play vidor W, Good Luck

[quote name="Bobcat101" post="1306448" timestamp="1350848043"]
[/quote]

Fact.........

BMT's PW situation involved having a starter handle the ball after reaching a point spread of 28. A rules violation cause the punishment.

If you reply to this then you are proving how much you really know.
[/quote]

Wow, :o a 2 game suspension for the Head Coaches for this? That seems pretty steep for a first occurrence rule violation. Is this a typical punishment for a first time offense of this nature? Just curious.

[quote name="piratefan" post="1306270" timestamp="1350828951"]
[quote author=Gucci link=topic=104974.msg1306213#msg1306213 date=1350801651]
[/quote]I was there at the game. They put the 3rd string offense in the first half. You might want to get the facts straight.  The PNG coach kept throwing it EVERY down and Vidor had at least 3 interception returns for touchdowns. We wanted to run the clock, but apparently the PNG coach didn't . Also after 41 was put up on the scoreboard our scorekeeper would not put anymore points on the scoreboard for Vidor(so it showed 41). Also he did run the clock in the 4th just to get the game over with. What would you like to tell the 9-10 year old third string running back to do? Just take a knee? 
Also there were fumbles that the refs would point vidor ball and the Vidor coaches said "no they were down". (PNG football.)
  It amazes me how PNG  always has one AWESOME team and  the other one(s) are horrible. If you really want to gripe go to a PNG Draft and voice your concerns.
When a coach throws the ball every other down (after getting his hat handed to him)and stops the clock, or risks the ball being intercepted he is just prolonging the game. Not very smart in my opinion. If you weren't there, get back on your high horse and keep your mouth shut.
  And before you say I am hiding behind a screen name. Ny name is Corey Berg  everyone knows me on here and I am not hard to find. So before you say what you would do if you knew me, save it. I been around this league too for a longtime. And of course we have tape to prove that there was no intentions of running up the score. Now go polish your Halo and say a prayer for those mean ol' Vidor coaches who should be ashamed of them selves! Please get a life! ::)
[/quote]

Congratulations on winning your game. I know kids playing for Vidor so I always pull for Vidor when they aren't playing BMT of course  ;D You have NO reason to defend your game, the score, the coaches, or your players. Everyone knows, or should know, Vidor-W is an awesome, well coached team that have worked hard to get to where they are. Honestly, knowing Gucci  ;) , it sounds like he was quoting the original post that someone on this forum slammed on BMT-B after the BMT-B vs PNG-G Pee Wee game. The wording sounds [u]exactly[/u] the same. You did make some really good points and many that as a BMT-B parent, I can relate to after our Pee Wee game with PNG-G and all the stink that followed it.

Anyway, congratulations again. I'm rooting for our Jr Blue team but I must say my bet is on Vidor-W to win the Super Bowl and if you do it will be so very well deserved. Good luck next weekend.

Like I said earlier I wasn't aware of the Beaumont incident so I won't, and can't comment on something  I have no information about.(nor would I want to ).
I can just speak for the game  I saw and I PROMISE you the Vidor coaches did everything in there power to make this a fun, and respectful game. I just wasn't going to sit back and watch our coaches get called "classless"  and other names by "Gucci" on a message board when He/She wasn't even at the game.( I hope SHE if your using a name "Gucci").

Thanks,
Corey
Berg

[quote name="piratefan" post="1306530" timestamp="1350855843"]
Like I said earlier I wasn't aware of the Beaumont incident so I won't, and can't comment on something  I have no information about.(nor would I want to ).
I can just speak for the game  I saw and I PROMISE you the Vidor coaches did everything in there power to make this a fun, and respectful game. I just wasn't going to sit back and watch our coaches get called "classless"  and other names by "Gucci" on a message board when He/She wasn't even at the game.( I hope SHE if your using a name "Gucci").

Thanks,
Corey
Berg
[/quote] 75-0 ever heard of running the clock. You can say what you want but scoring 75 in a pee wee football gm is ridiculous I don't care if you have your 3rd string in. That's classless on behalf the coaches from Bmt coaching staff I have been in this league since the stjfl formed and have never seen a score like that. so that tells me once they got up by 28-0 they couldn't have had a continuous running clock, and they should have. They should be punished for posting a score like that, so much for teaching your kids sportsmanship they should be ashamed of their selfs, the Bmt coaches that is.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi