MCM Post-game thoughts thread

I understand you think you have a say in it because you pay taxes, have a computer and an account on SETXsports.com, but if it (setxsports) wasn't here, where you can voice your opinion on how dumb the coaches are, where would you voice it? In the stands?

If they don't blow out a team 60 - 0 it's time for somebody's head to roll?

Do you go to the school board and lobby for the HC to fire the OC or DC? I personally think they are doing a great job, community is excited and they pack the stands ever Friday night.

I agree with godogs, I don't think we have scratched the surface of the OC's playbook. Why show it now when you don't need to.

Last night, I heard some guy hollering put the 1st string D in while PNG was driving down the field? Does this guy not realize the D had been on the field quite a while, we had a pick 6 then they had to get right back on the field?? Gimme a break!

I guess all I am saying, the coaches are with them at practice, know what's happening at school, know what their attitudes are, go to clinics to further their education, and work hard to put a good product on the field.

Go with it, it could be worse......

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1306022" timestamp="1350786048"]
[quote author=19bulldog88 link=topic=104945.msg1305986#msg1305986 date=1350782901]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=104945.msg1305907#msg1305907 date=1350777833]
I agree with godogs. Your play calling seems conservative. Kinda like your holding back or something. Makes me wonder sometimes but hey I'm not the one in the field so what do I know?
[/quote]

exactly, nobody knows. People come on here and question coaches, I just dont get it. As far as I know, there arent any coaches come to this board and tell you how to do your jobs. Get over it.
[/quote]
You don't like it? Don't read it.
[/quote]

quoted statement, it looks like it was directed at you, it was an "in general" statement. carry on

[quote name="19bulldog88" post="1306199" timestamp="1350798097"]
I understand you think you have a say in it because you pay taxes, have a computer and an account on SETXsports.com, but if it (setxsports) wasn't here, where you can voice your opinion on how dumb the coaches are, where would you voice it? In the stands?

Do you go to the school board and lobby for the HC to fire the OC or DC? I personally think they are doing a great job, community is excited and they pack the stands ever Friday night.

I agree with godogs, I don't think we have scratched the surface of the OC's playbook. Why show it now when you don't need to.

Last night, I heard some guy hollering put the 1st string D in while PNG was driving down the field? Does this guy not realize the D had been on the field quite a while, we had a pick 6 then they had to get right back on the field?? Gimme a break!

I guess all I am saying, the coaches are with them at practice, know what's happening at school, know what their attitudes are, go to clinics to further their education, and work hard to put a good product on the field.

[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing....why pull out the playbook when you dont need to...your winning games...no need to give SC or Dayton a heads up.

[quote name="19bulldog88" post="1306199" timestamp="1350798097"]

[/quote]very well stated Barrows will not show his cards while we are winning. Had a guy behind me screaming for some kind of trick play in the 4th.

[quote name="BigDog007" post="1306697" timestamp="1350870507"]
[quote author=19bulldog88 link=topic=104945.msg1306199#msg1306199 date=1350798097]

[/quote]very well stated Barrows will not show his cards while we are winning. Had a guy behind me screaming for some kind of trick play in the 4th.
[/quote]

Wasn't me, but I was screaming. Had to......too many silent people.

I don't have a problem with the play calling but I do think it is the coaches job to get the play called. The last couple of weeks we have taken time outs because the clock was running out then almost ran the clock out the second time trying to get the play called. They can and need to improve on this.

I will say that there is always going to be some people or fans that are hard to please. Friday I sat next to a FAN that was so negative about everything Nederland did it was pissing me off. I was so glad he finally left. I think he could have been smitty. LOL. I do ask sometimes why we don't just run more. If Hopkins gets tired let him rest and go with Shaw and Taylor more. We could run,run  and more run with that o-line. Barrows has been around long enough to know what to call and he is the OC and smarter then me on that so as long as it works keep going. GO DOGS!

Here is a perspective from across the field from you all. Anything Barrow called would have worked. I was impressed with all facets of the Nederland offense. Hopkins is a hoss running back. Raines plays smart QB and he has very good recievers. Defense is top-notch too. Now that MCM is over, this ol' Indian fan is pulling for y'all too. Good luck to the Dogs for the remainder of the season and into the playoffs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder