COLDSPRING-OAKHURST AT HUFFMAN BROADCAST/COLDSPRING WINS 60-21!

WOSgrad

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1305090" timestamp="1350700898"]
Trojans score again.... yikes!!

Coldspring - 47

Huffman - 14
[/quote]
I knew CS was really good, but I thought this game would be closer because of HH's explosive offense. I guess it's true that a good defense beats a good offense.

Coldspring senior CB/WR/KR Jerrell Sykes- 60 yard punt return TD, 100 yard kickoff return TD, 30 yd TD rec (49 TD rec called back on hold), 4 rec for 59 yards AND ... 4 takeaways (2 interceptions, 2 fumble recoveries). I don't know how many tackles. Also had Coldspring's only turnover (fumble) -this was off twitter

WOW! That was a pure-D a$$ whooping. Huffman had multiple opportunities to put points up. Dropped balls, over throws, o-line having a difficult time, special teams issues. Huffman will bounce back, finish district strong, and get into the playoffs. COLD SPRINGS IS MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!
ONe thing i noticed about CS, i have never seen this. Huffman player goes down, the entire team reached their hand out towards the player as to lift him up in prayer. It was the most incredible sight! Players, coaches, fans all reached out. Sitting here with chill bumps as i write this. Loved it!

[quote name="89falcon" post="1305822" timestamp="1350766311"]
I guess the endless sentence of being second fiddle continues. I dont understand why Huffman can never make up the ground on CS.
[/quote]You better hope you dont get moved up to 4A anytime soon.Coldspring is a small 3A school.If they were still in 2A,they probably would be #1 or #2 in the state.

CS has not been 2A for 30 years. CS is currently one of the better 3A teams in the state and would beat many 4A schools but I would not want Huffman to go up to 4A regardless.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder