Clear Lake Football

Guest UHCoog14

Guest UHCoog14
Head Coach placed on administrative leave.

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/bay_area/news/clear-lake-coach-sam-smith-put-on-administrative-leave/article_c80fcde5-0f82-5351-b541-5b899656ceaf.html

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1302507" timestamp="1350477515"]
I smell a rat in Clear Lake.
[/quote]
You sir are correct........parents of a kid that think their little Johnny should be quarteback are behind this. It is sad for the coach. I understand they turned in a laundry list of things that the coach has done wrong. The 2 people I know that have knowledge of this say it is all about a mom and dad wanting their son starting........just so you know, the coaches son is the starting QB and better than the kid that thinks he should be starting.

[quote name="Eagle11" post="1302543" timestamp="1350481041"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=104784.msg1302507#msg1302507 date=1350477515]
[/quote]
You sir are correct........parents of a kid that think their little Johnny should be quarteback are behind this. It is sad for the coach. I understand they turned in a laundry list of things that the coach has done wrong. The 2 people I know that have knowledge of this say it is all about a mom and dad wanting their son starting........just so you know, the coaches son is the starting QB and better than the kid that thinks he should be starting.
[/quote]

yep this is a trend with this generation of parents.....complain until your kid starts, esp at qb because it seems to work for some.

coach will bounce back, i'd get a legal representative if i were him...don't take this from parents. they need to learn  lessons, like patience and respect

[quote name="1KatKiller" post="1302734" timestamp="1350493044"]
That doesn't sound like it warrants an admin leave.
[/quote]
Supposedly over the summer or sometime he assisted in some event (I am uncertain in what capacity). Some parents got together and got him a gift to say Thank You.......this is supposedly brought up in the parents list as illegal payment

[quote name="11cbhill" post="1302862" timestamp="1350500234"]
[quote author=Eagle11 link=topic=104784.msg1302543#msg1302543 date=1350481041]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=104784.msg1302507#msg1302507 date=1350477515]
[/quote]
[/quote]

yep this is a trend with this generation of parents.....complain until your kid starts, esp at qb because it seems to work for some.

coach will bounce back, i'd get a legal representative if i were him...don't take this from parents. they need to learn  lessons, like patience and respect
[/quote]

If its true that is sorry, one of the things that drove me out of education/coaching. Kids and parents and what they believe is their right of entitlement. All it's takes is a few bad apples to ruin it, what makes it worse is when school boards and upper admin side with parents in cases like this.

[quote name="EagleEyes" post="1302871" timestamp="1350500834"]
[quote author=11cbhill link=topic=104784.msg1302862#msg1302862 date=1350500234]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

If its true that is sorry, one of the things that drove me out of education/coaching. [b]Kids and parents and what they believe is their right of entitlement[/b]. All it's takes is a few bad apples to ruin it, what makes it worse is when school boards and upper admin side with parents in cases like this.
[/quote]

This is a sad indication of where our society is headed.
I remember many times as a child when I would pull out the "well, that's not fair" and my parents would explain to me that sometimes...  life is not fair.  It is how you deal with the situation and use it as a learning experience to grow and have perspective. 

Now days, many parents just lawyer up and hide behind the explanation that is their, "American right".

Sad....  hope Coach is back soon and is able to weather this storm.

If it is indeed a case of some parents causing trouble because they want their child as starting QB, shame on them.  My parents always made it clear you "deserve;work" for things, you are not "entitled" to anything. 

As a mother with two children that are very active in sports, I would never stoop that low to have my child be the starter.  If my child were to take a starting position, you better believe they worked their tail off to get it.

[quote name="Eagle11" post="1302543" timestamp="1350481041"]
[/quote]
[/quote]Interesting, I have a friend whose son  plays for Clear Lake and he mentioned this to me last season

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1303278" timestamp="1350527655"]
Also, in these days and times, I also see too much "daddyball" being played in too may sports. Coaches are human and parents too. Trying to get their kids in the best situation, but someone else's kid becomes a roadblock cause they are actually better.

[/quote]

It's true....some dads are all too vindicative to another kid/player better than their kid.  It can get down right ugly.

My kids earn everything they have ever gotten because they are better than the other kid and I wouldn't dare complain or run down about the other kid/player.  Earn it or it'll never matter anyway.

Where is being a team player?

It's downright jealousy, and everyone thought cheerleader moms in Channelview were bad, but these parents should be tarred and feathered.....had a friend who "taught" in Clear Lake area and oh the stories, this has been going on for a while there.

[quote name="11cbhill" post="1302862" timestamp="1350500234"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Pop Warner parent mentality!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder